Sources say Colon an Angel

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

f***. Were done, KW is again screwing us over.

How is this KW's fault? Are you really that naive or just plain stupid? Bart is taking that offer over ours because ours has deferred money and less # of guaranteed years.

Do you know Jerry Reinsdorf decides whether to give upfront money or no?

Good riddance, ya fat f***.

I have trouble seeing this as a good thing. Sure this frees up a lot of salary, but what says we'll get anyone now. We didn't offer anyone else arb. I figured we'd at the least offer Sully arbitration. Our bullpen needs a massive makeover; Marte and sometimes Wunch are the only sure things in there right now. Our rotation now is Buerhle, Loaiza, Garland, Schoenweis, Wright?.....greeeeeeat.....

I have trouble seeing this as a good thing.  Sure this frees up a lot of salary, but what says we'll get anyone now.  We didn't offer anyone else arb.  I figured we'd at the least offer Sully arbitration.  Our bullpen needs a massive makeover; Marte and sometimes Wunch are the only sure things in there right now.  Our rotation now is Buerhle, Loaiza, Garland, Schoenweis, Wright?.....greeeeeeat.....

There are a few options out there. We will be fine. We can also make trades.

And like Flax said, it doesnt really even free up any salery. We most likely wont see that money spent, or at least not nearly all of it.

This just blows......In the period of a week we looked like a contender w/ a few question marks to a team just loaded w/ question marks and problems. We basically have a 3 man staff.

Don't forget Corwin Malone, Jon Rauch, Scott Ruffcorn, Larry Thomas and COmpany

Yeah..... I get so excited at the prospect of getting a ton of 1st and 2nd round picks cheering for a team that drafted minor league pitching icons the likes of Scott Ruffcorn and Tanyon Sturtze :puke.

Yeah..... I get so excited at the prospect of getting a ton of 1st and 2nd round picks cheering for a team that drafted minor league pitching icons the likes of Scott Ruffcorn and Tanyon Sturtze :puke.

LOL!!!!

How about John Davis, Johnny Ruffin, Rodney Bolton, Ramon Garcia...

maybe Daddy Rabbit will pull something out of his hat at the Winter Meetings.

Like a trade of one of our speedball sluggers for a legitimate starting pitcher.

either that or they're dreamin that Rauch (who didn't get a September call-up), Cotts (roll video from yankee stadium) or Diaz is going to come through.

Hey, James Baldwin is available.

So is Parque.

Look, the Sox offered Colon 10 mill a year over 3 years with nothing deferred. There is nothing the Sox should of done or could of done when the Angels came in with a 4 yr 48 mill offer. Thats a contract that could bite a team in the ass. If the Sox were looking at a 70-75 mill payroll, then they could afford to over-pay but thats not the case.

The Sox should take their picks (One First Rounder cause Colon is rated above Escobar and a sandwich pick) and then look to Ponson. Ponson can come without costing them a draft pick and then they can move their attention to adding relievers such as Guardado, Rhodes, Benitez and Jimenez. Tim Worell and Jeff Nelson are some other quality options.

Millwood isn't a bad idea, but I say go a little cheaper with Ponson because A you keep your draft picks, b the Sox can invest some extra money in the pen which is a necessity and C Ponson is pretty young and has semi proven he can pitch in the AL. Plus Ponson put up better numbers last year then Millwood or Colon. Not saying he's necessarily better, but give him the shot.

One question: I don't believe the Angels were one of the Top 15 teams in baseball last year.

So do we still get their first round pick?

I fear not.

No, then its their 2nd rounder. Thats the one thing I was wondering, where exactly they fit in cause they absolutely tanked it in the 2nd half of last season.