1b

The Beast

OMG Konerko is looking good. :o

I wouldn't mind seeing a situation that puts Frank out there a couple times a week. I'm still amazed at his productivity when he plays the field.

beastly, you bring up a good point, we may want to keep Kong and pray he and Botch turn things around under OZ.

OMG Konerko is looking good. :o

I wouldn't mind seeing a situation that puts Frank out there a couple times a week. I'm still amazed at his productivity when he plays the field.

beastly, you bring up a good point, we may want to keep Kong and pray he and Botch turn things around under OZ.

i agree on the frank thing. I would have no problem with him playing first up to 4 times a week would be fine with me...he's not that bad

It would seem like a no brainer.

Unfortunately, last year's manager had no brain - and had to prove a point to Frank that PK was his 1B no matter HOW LOW his average sank.

Frank looked just fine at 1B last year, and as long as he's going to be here, and as long as the Sox have "financial restrictions", I'd prefer that Thomas played 1B four or five days a week and have a cheap reliable journeyman fill in a couple times a week. If he flops over there, then try to get someone during the season, when a few teams generally try to move guys anyway.

Palmerio would be great if we are talking under 4 mill. Otherwise I'd just as well see the Sox go after Fullmer. The guy is coming off an injury, but last season he was hitting over .300 and he has a career ops above that of Konerko. He also has similar power numbers and is a more patient hitter.

And Fullmer was playing for very cheap last year and likely would get the same if not a little less this year. You could get Fullmer for about a mill a year, maybe even 750K with incentives that could push it up to 1.5

To me he's the best answer because he puts up good numbers, has a great attitude, good work ethic and allows the Sox to spend money in other areas.

Palmerio would be great if we are talking under 4 mill.  Otherwise I'd just as well see the Sox go after Fullmer.  The guy is coming off an injury, but last season he was hitting over .300 and he has a career ops above that of Konerko.  He also has similar power numbers and is a more patient hitter. 

And Fullmer was playing for very cheap last year and likely would get the same if not a little less this year.  You could get Fullmer for about a mill a year, maybe even 750K with incentives that could push it up to 1.5

To me he's the best answer because he puts up good numbers, has a great attitude, good work ethic and allows the Sox to spend money in other areas.

What about drug testing though? I'd say Fullmer is at risk. :lol:

Can anyone find out what Frank's AVG was against American League pitching while playing first? I know he ripped up the NL pitchers, but I wonder how he did vs. AL. My guess is he was still better, just not as dramatic.

That is a good question. When people were screaming for Frank to be playing 1B after the inter-league play last season, I pointed out that NL didn't generally have experience at pitching to Frank and didn't really know how to get him out. I thought that was the reason for his hot streak. However, I don't think anyone considered it a viable reason. The fact that in the mid '90's Frank hit so well while he was a 1B seemed to carry more weight.

But, I digress.