I know we left some people out

Texsox

The committee agonized and analyzed the nominees and we know some excellent friends and posters have been left off. We hope no one is offended, we hope all of the nominees are excited to be in the finals. We hope to work out some of the details for next year. Maybe add and subtract categories. Maybe offer some Razzies at the All-Star Break. Cheat as designed some excellent electronic awards and deserves a mention for that.

:snr

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The committee agonized and analyzed the nominees and we know some excellent friends and posters have been left off. We hope no one is offended, we hope all of the nominees are excited to be in the finals. We hope to work out some of the details for next year. Maybe add and subtract categories. Maybe offer some Razzies at the All-Star Break. Cheat as designed some excellent electronic awards and deserves a mention for that.

:snr

Give it up for Texsox, people. :headbang :notworthy

Something like this takes balls to pull off, and TRUST me, you couldn't BELIEVE how hard --I am not using the word lightly here--it was for them to leave SOME of you out.

Most of the time, the NEXT five was just as deserving as the one which ended up on the ballot.

Where's my Anger Management award dammit. :angry:

We're keeping it positive. We also dropped an idea for Soxtalk Queen when we realized guys couldn't make a decision between all the great ladies here. I would like to do some awards like that at the All Star break.

I wanna add a rookie of the year category for those of you under 1000 posts...

I think soxfan1 and tony come to mind. there are others. I know everyone appreciates how many quality posters there are on this site. people make me laugh alot and it's great to see everyone continue to post. Obviously there's only gonna be a couple "winners" and for those who do get voted for, they're usually the loudest most outspoken of the group, what are you gonna do? I say, all the more reason to read up what they have to say and learn from them...there's always next year y'all!

Personally I just want to thank everyone for all of the nominations that I was given. It makes me feel like I am not just wasting time at work to be here, but actually contributing something to the global Sox community. Plus to be put up on the same platform as the guys that I am finalists with, makes it all of the more cool to me.

Thanks to everyone out there

Southsider2k4

Personally I just want to thank everyone for all of the nominations that I was given.  It makes me feel like I am not just wasting time at work to be here, but actually contributing something to the global Sox community.  Plus to be put up on the same platform as the guys that I am finalists with,  makes it all of the more cool to me.

Southsider2k4

personally, being on the same platform with southsider makes me so much uncooler. but since he's gonna kick my ass in all of these categories, maybe we should all learn a thing or two from him....1) get a sweet ass job that allows you to post 300 posts a day. 2)be one funny dude, but dont make fun of me.

seriously though, I echo the sentiments. thanks for the nods y'all. my goal next year is to win the white sox analyst award, but I still think joey cora plays for us, so that's out. :lol:

and we all know I'm wayyyyyyyy funnier than texsox. (without me, he wouldn't be nearly as funny, seriously, can we have a three stooges award for me, southsider, and texsox?)

personally, being on the same platform with southsider makes me so much uncooler. but since he's gonna kick my ass in all of these categories, maybe we should all learn a thing or two from him....1) get a sweet ass job that allows you to post 300 posts a day. 2)be one funny dude, but dont make fun of me.

seriously though, I echo the sentiments. thanks for the nods y'all. my goal next year is to win the white sox analyst award, but I still think joey cora plays for us, so that's out. :lol:

and we all know I'm wayyyyyyyy funnier than texsox. (without me, he wouldn't be nearly as funny, seriously, can we have a three stooges award for me, southsider, and texsox?)

LMAO...If I'm following the 2k4 plan to sucess then the first thing on the list has to be making fun of you :lol:

And I second what ss2k4 said. Just remember...and I promise, "NO NEW TAXES" :D

This board is full of so many awesome people/posters and its great seeing what its turned into.

LMAO...If I'm following the 2k4 plan to sucess then the first thing on the list has to be making fun of you  :lol:

And I second what ss2k4 said.  Just remember...and I promise, "NO NEW TAXES"  :D

This board is full of so many awesome people/posters and its great seeing what its turned into.

Well if that is the case...I WILL CAPTURE SADDAM!!!! :lolhitting

Well, my personal special mention would go to witesoxfan, JimH, The Critic, SI1020, FlaSoxxJim, HSC, whitesox10682, Cheat, Jim Fainter, winodj, Tolleson, whitesox247, LDF, baggio.......they made me think and laugh, and for that I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Personally I just want to thank everyone for all of the nominations that I was given.  It makes me feel like I am not just wasting time at work to be here, but actually contributing something to the global Sox community.  Plus to be put up on the same platform as the guys that I am finalists with,  makes it all of the more cool to me.

Southsider2k4

SS2K I voted you in about 4 things at least: YOU got my vote for Poster of the yr and other things I forgot

and we all know I'm wayyyyyyyy funnier than texsox.

Which is why I voted for you. Now you go and vote for me

Wading through the nominees and all the "how can we leave off X and Y" PM's and emails really pointed out what a great corner of the web we have. I know it sounds like a cliche but it really did kill people to leave some people off. It was equally hard to take some people off to make room for others. Remember we were trying to narrow it to 3. That really was impossible.

Well, my personal special mention would go to witesoxfan, JimH, The Critic, SI1020, FlaSoxxJim, HSC, whitesox10682, Cheat, Jim Fainter, winodj, Tolleson, whitesox247, LDF, baggio.......they made me think and laugh, and for that I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Aww, it's such an honor. You're making me blush. :wub: