Angels pitcher is steroid positive

witesoxfan

In response to those pics greasywheels, you can't tell anything from old photos like that. Men are not fully developed at that age and ALL men get bigger as they get older. It is normal for a guy to be 20-30 pounds heavier in their 30's than in their early 20's.

To be fair, look at similar photos of all players and also normal guys. You will see all of them increase in size. With the advanced technologies and training regimens players have today, the size difference in any of those players could be normal and not steroid related.

I am not saying players don't use steroids, nor do I know if any of those three did or did not use steroids, but just showing those three pics proves absolutely NOTHING.

I think this made Turnbows career. He always looked to be a pretty solid rule v pick up by the Angels. Had dynamite stuff the few times I've seen him.

All the testers have to do is ask these players wives or girlfriends, they can tell ya whether they are on steroids :lol:

Anaheim Angels reliever Derrick Turnbow, the first major leaguer to test positive for a banned steroid, faces a two-year ban from international competition but will not face any sanctions from Major League Baseball.

Just in case people missed it the first time. I skim when I read so I missed it. :bang

To be fair, look at similar photos of all players and also normal guys.  You will see all of them increase in size.  With the advanced technologies and training regimens players have today, the size difference in any of those players could be normal and not steroid related.

The main exception in looks to that rule is Frank Thomas, and even he has gained 25 pounds over his career(I believe he started out at 240, and is now at 275, you just can't tell the difference)

The main exception in looks to that rule is Frank Thomas, and even he has gained 25 pounds over his career(I believe he started out at 240, and is now at 275, you just can't tell the difference)

True, but he was a freakin monster from early on. He is the definite exception to the rule. LOL

True, but he was a freakin monster from early on.  He is the definite exception to the rule. LOL

And it's like I said, that is JUST looks. He actually has gained 25 pounds over his career. It's kind of like if a 500 pound man gained 50 pounds....you wouldn't be able to tell because he'd still be huge as hell.

How could he not be big though? He was a tight end at Auburn. If he WEREN'T big, he wouldn't be playing tight end at Auburn.