On ESPNews's bottomline....Sox sign

witesoxfan

As of right now, ESPNews's bottom line is my only source for this information....but it said that we came to terms with Rick White....that's pretty good news. He's a good arm in the bullpen who could spot start....I like it. KW, as stupid as he is, may actually know what he is doing. I'm not sure if it's official or anything, but I did see it there.

BTW....before that was the Red Sox signing of David Ortiz...and it said he was a 1B/OF....not so sure about that one....LOL :lol:

Probably could have gotten a better RP in Fetters for the same amount of money.

I don't like this signing.

Fetters isn't that good and his "neck snap" move would drive me nuts...if you've ever seen him pitch you know what I mean. Good veteran relievers can be extremely valuable. I feel much better with White than Matt Ginter. White will go right at guys and is a tough, hard-nosed pitcher. Good move in my opinion.

I'd say its a good move. His numbers won't impress you from last year but keep in mind he pitched for Colorado for most of the season. These numbers from last year in St. Louis are good: 3-1 0.82 ERA. He is another veteran arm for the bullpen which can't hurt. Someone else pointed out it is another arm when (not if) Gordon gets injured.

HSC maybe now you will belive him that he wants to put a winner out there? he has made great moves this offseason. He added a couple solid pitchers to our pen, and colon. you gotta admit he is doin alot better. and he is trying to put a winning team out there

signing this dude ain't the equivilant of landing Glavine or Clemens, good move that it is -

I would love to be happy with what KW has done but the screw job with MB has put KW on my s*** list for the first time ever - I was pro or neutral on KW until that -

this is a good signing..white has been a very consistent set up man / middle reliever his entire career...he struggled in colorado but he sure isnt the first pitcher to do that (mike hampton , darryl kile)...after he got traded to st louis his era in the heat of a pennant race was under 1...prior to that his last 4 years his era was in the 3's...very good move...it takes gary glover and his 5 plus era and moveshim to mop up man..it also means we only need an 11 man staff so we can go find a left power hitter for our bench