Ponson

Jordan4life_2003

It's official...Ponson signs a 3 year deal.  And to top that off the Cubs have made an offer to Greg Maddux...This has been the worst off-season in recent memory.  KW better not show his sorry ass at SOXFEST...

we knew all along Ponson was not coming here so why so upset?

It's official...Ponson signs a 3 year deal.  And to top that off the Cubs have made an offer to Greg Maddux...This has been the worst off-season in recent memory.  KW better not show his sorry ass at SOXFEST...

You know KW will be there; what I don't understand is why any of you (or any fans) would go there!

I'm not giving Sox ownership/management another dime of my money. They have to commit to us before thaey can expect us to commit to them!

Cubs aren't getting Maddux, Boras won't let him go with the sentimental favorite for less money.  Come it's Boras, Maddux will go to the highest bidder, even in the AL with the Orioles or the Giants in the NL West.  The Cubs aren't offering enough money, let's relax it's Boras $$$$$$

Maddux is what... 3 wins from 300 (can't get past the firewall to confirm)...?

He's not going anywhere near the AL.

I wasn't the biggest advocate of signing Ponson, but then again, with the current staff we have, we've gotta do something.

Right now the only starters I'm confident with are Buehrle and Loaiza. Garland is still to inconsistent for my taste. Every season we think he is about to breakout, yet he goes through a stretch where he is excellent and then is completely horrid. Show will apparently be the 4th starter, which I also have my doubts about. If he was that damn good, the Angels wouldn't have gotten rid of him. And the 5th spot is there for the taking if anyone in the organization would like to claim it. It's sure as hell not going to be filled by KW this offseason.