Twins looking at Parque

Gene Honda Civic

From Benmaller.com

The Twins are interested in signing free-agent left-handed starting pitcher Jim Parque. Parque, 27, was 13-6 for the Chicago White Sox in 2000 but has had arm problems. He pitched most of last season for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays' Class AAA team in Durham, N.C.

Source: Pioneer Press

Ha! good luck with the twins butter. I don't know why the twins wasted their time signing this guy...then again...he might surprise people just like loaiza.(dout it, but you never know).

Like Loaiza added the cutter, Parque hopes to add the home run ball to his....wait he's already got that in his arsenal...

Rant on Parque all you want, but he was a gutsy little lefty that was dependable, if not great, until his arms problems came up.  I always liked the guy.  He reminded me of Greg Hibbard.

He was a whiney couldn't get passed the 5th inning type of pitcher. He was decent for the 5 innings you got, but if you tried to stretch him past that point, he blew up. (I do remember once or twice he managed to get to the 8th, but he proceeded to be crap for the next two outings.)

I don't wish any harm to him, but I am more than grateful he isn't in the White Sox organization any longer.

it's amazing to thing about what happened to so many of the pitchers on that 2000 team

Parque -- scrambling for a job.

Sirotka -- hasn't pitched for three seasons.

Baldwin -- probably out of the game

Eldred -- sat out a season and now in the Cardinal bullpen

Howry -- major arm/elbow trouble and hoping to make it back with Cleveland, I think.

lots of Major major arm problems. You've got at least four guys who are probalby finished.

it's amazing to thing about what happened to so many of the pitchers on that 2000 team

Howry -- major arm/elbow trouble and hoping to make it back with Cleveland, I think.

lots of Major major arm problems. You've got at least four guys who are probalby finished.

Can you imagine the b****ing if the team had signed these pitchers to long term contracts, much like people are b****ing about not being given to guys like Bartolo Colon now?

THIS IS WHY THIS TEAM DOES NOT GIVE PITCHERS LONG TERM CONTRACTS!

Heck go back to the last batch of stud pitchers we let go McDowell, Alvarez, and Fernandez. What did they do after they left Chicago? They sure didn't justify the huge contracts that they got once they left.

It will be interesting to look at the 2003 staff in say 2007 and see what any of them are doing.

which again proves that anyone could have managed the 2000 team and JM who can't manage didn't contribute a thing