tom brady = joe montana??

how close is this guy to joe montana??...neither guy has the best skills in the world..montana was a 2nd or 3rd choice ( iirc) and brady was a low round pick...neither guy pass what the NFL uses as its standard test to pick the best QB with the physical skills...but both always seem to find a way to win..

is it safe to say brady is now the premiere QB in the NFL???..the guy never loses...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have gone from overhyping Manning to comparing Brady to one of the greatest of all time?  :o

I agree with the overhyping Manning part. He choked out there like he had a baseball lodged in his throat. Hope you reserved your tee times jackass. LMFAO!!!!!

Tom Brady is good, make no mistake, but I need to see more before I start calling him the greatest.

Brady was the all-time QB in the neighborhood football games where completions not the amount of yards determined the first downs. 

And Manning is the all-time quarterback in the game where stats, and not winning games is what matters. Oh wait that game doesn't exist.

Same thing happen with Warner a few years ago, now it seems his hype is gone.

Warner's "hype" wasn't gone. He's just had an unfortunite injury that's set him back. He just wants to start again and show the world why he's the most accurate QB in NFL history.

I thought green meant it was intended as SARCASM.....

And honestly....Do you seriously think the Colts would have won if they had Brady as their QB and the Pats had Manning as theirs?  Think about it.  Brady has a defense to fall back on; the Colts are Manning.

I think Brady on the Colts wouldn't have thrown 4 picks.

I thought green meant it was intended as SARCASM.....

And honestly....Do you seriously think the Colts would have won if they had Brady as their QB and the Pats had Manning as theirs?  Think about it.  Brady has a defense to fall back on; the Colts are Manning.

brady might not have won that game for the colts...but i bet he would have played better than manning did...its not like manning is throwing to the quality recievers that philly has...manning has the supporting cast on offense...if he loses it should be in a shoot out

gotta face facts...he really screwed the pooch on sunday

And honestly....Do you seriously think the Colts would have won if they had Brady as their QB and the Pats had Manning as theirs?

Yes

I can't really say why. I just think if Brady is the QB of the Colts in this past game, you are looking at a Carolina-Indianapolis Superbowl. Brady probably doesn't throw 4 consecutive incomplete passes on his teams last real drive of the game, including both 3rd and 4th down being plays where he is looking to get a flag thrown(though you could make an argument that a flag should have been thrown on both).

I don't know what it is, but when I look at Tom Brady, I see a winner. He's got something about him that every other QB in the league doesn't have, with the exception of maybe one. That one is the guy who Brady is going to be watching on the sidelines two weeks from now try to pick apart his defense(incase you haven't figured it out, I am obviously talking about Delhomme).

They both win, call it the defense, call it special teams, call it good receivers....call it what you want. You may even be correct. But I look at those two QBs, and I see guys who just show no quit, and all heart.

Yes

I can't really say why. I just think if Brady is the QB of the Colts in this past game, you are looking at a Carolina-Indianapolis Superbowl.  Brady probably doesn't throw 4 consecutive incomplete passes on his teams last real drive of the game, including both 3rd and 4th down being plays where he is looking to get a flag thrown(though you could make an argument that a flag should have been thrown on both). 

I don't know what it is, but when I look at Tom Brady, I see a winner.  He's got something about him that every other QB in the league doesn't have, with the exception of maybe one.  That one is the guy who Brady is going to be watching on the sidelines two weeks from now try to pick apart his defense(incase you haven't figured it out, I am obviously talking about Delhomme). 

They both win, call it the defense, call it special teams, call it good receivers....call it what you want.  You may even be correct.  But I look at those two QBs, and I see guys who just show no quit, and all heart.

excellent post

I just don't know though....Brady has a defense to fall on....Does Peyton have that to fall back on? No....Peyton is the Colts; when Peyton goes...The Colts do.......However, Brady can have a bad game here and there.....

Brady only has to throw 1 to 2 TD passes a game to get the Pats a win....Manning doesn't have that luxury. If you look at the boxscore from that game, Manning and Brady's numbers are identical w/ the exception of 3 more INTs.

And if you say Super Bowls make you a better QB....

Is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino....I mean Dilfer won a Super Bowl..... :rolleyes:

how close is this guy to joe montana??...neither guy has the best skills in the world..montana was a 2nd or 3rd choice ( iirc) and brady was a low round pick...neither guy pass what the NFL uses as its standard test to pick the best QB with the physical skills...but both always seem to find a way to win..

is it safe to say brady is now the premiere QB in the NFL???..the guy never loses...

since I am the premier Brady watcher here --- at least I bet I have seen him play more than anyone else here...

Brady is the guy who kept Henson on the bench for 2 years and no UM fanb complained -

go back and read the old posts from the super bowl two years ago where I confidently took New England over St Louis because of the existence of Tom Brady -what I said then - Brady is the one person in the world I would most want to be qb of a team that needed to score with just short time left because of his intelligence and nothing throws him, nothing scares him - since I am on record as saying that before that Super Bowl, I can still pat myself on the back for calling how that game ended

no one wins every game and who the hell is the best ever, if there is one, and there isn't - different eras call for different skills -

compare Brady to Montana? Way too soon. Two more Super Bowl wins are needed before we do that.

And Super Bowl wins alone aren't the sole measure of the Super Bowl era qb - Bradshaw won 4 and he is not the best ever...

But no question Brady is a better qb than Manning and no question that in a list of premier qbs today Brady has to be on the select list and no question that IF Brady wins this next one and keeps it all going, that he deserves to be considered among the best ever - but those are big IFs.

I just don't know though....Brady has a defense to fall on....Does Peyton have that to fall back on?  No....Peyton is the Colts; when Peyton goes...The Colts do.......However, Brady can have a bad game here and there.....

Brady only has to throw 1 to 2 TD passes a game to get the Pats a win....Manning doesn't have that luxury.  If you look at the boxscore from that game, Manning and Brady's numbers are identical w/ the exception of 3 more INTs.

My main thing is, when the game is on the line, who do you want out there?

In Superbowl 36, the Pats got the ball left with little time left on the clock, and Brady drove them down the field and won the game.

This past Sunday, Peyton had a horrific game, but he had a chance to lead his team down the field and tie the game, send it to overtime, and maybe even win. He did not. I think Tom Brady does. He's a good leader and he does what he's supposed to do, no more, no less. Peyton sometimes tries to do too much, and he hurts his team.

It's real hard to argue with results, and to me, it seems that Tom Brady is the QB you want going into the playoffs. You want to build a franchise, take Peyton. You want to win the Superbowl and already have a decent team, take Tom Brady.

It's kind of like in baseball when you see a guy with a 22-8 record with a 4.00 ERA, and you see a guy with a 17-10 record with a 2.50 ERA. Most guys will take the guy with the low ERA, but I take the guy with the most wins, because he seems to do what it takes to win, and in the end, the win is what you are looking for.

My main thing is, when the game is on the line, who do you want out there?

In Superbowl 36, the Pats got the ball left with little time left on the clock, and Brady drove them down the field and won the game.

This past Sunday, Peyton had a horrific game, but he had a chance to lead his team down the field and tie the game, send it to overtime, and maybe even win.  He did not.  I think Tom Brady does.  He's a good leader and he does what he's supposed to do, no more, no less.  Peyton sometimes tries to do too much, and he hurts his team.

It's real hard to argue with results, and to me, it seems that Tom Brady is the QB you want going into the playoffs.  You want to build a franchise, take Peyton.  You want to win the Superbowl and already have a decent team, take Tom Brady.

It's kind of like in baseball when you see a guy with a 22-8 record with a 4.00 ERA, and you see a guy with a 17-10 record with a 2.50 ERA.  Most guys will take the guy with the low ERA, but I take the guy with the most wins, because he seems to do what it takes to win, and in the end, the win is what you are looking for.

Okay...you make a valid point...but I just hate to how people think Brady is EXTREMELY better than Manning, because of this one game. Brady plays on a SOLID team, on both sides of the ball. It's hard to make that case w/ the Colts right now.

Okay...you make a valid point...but I just hate to how people think Brady is EXTREMELY better than Manning, because of this one game.  Brady plays on a SOLID team, on both sides of the ball.  It's hard to make that case w/ the Colts right now.

I agree. Also, do look at Brady's weapons offensively....they are about the same, at best, as Indianapolis's. Just so we all realize this.

And cw, I also agree with you. Haven't you said that Drew Henson was one of the best QB's you have ever seen play at Michigan, talent wise that is? That says a lot about Tom Brady right there.

since I am the premier Brady watcher here --- at least I bet I have seen him play more than anyone else here...

ah I'm not tryin to compete but I've probably seen him play as much or more. unless you have directv and the nfl package, in which case you win.

In what what drunken stupor-induced twilight zone is Tom Brady better than Pay-Man I'd like to know? Comparing him to Montana, Elway, Farve, Unitas is a blasphemy of the worst kind.

It's like saying Steve Yzerman or Joe Sakic are better than Mario Lemeiux or Jagr because they have more championships and playoff success.....Super Bowl my ass. Nonsense. TEAM EFFORT-- look it up.....But then again some people still think David Terrel is immensely talented so, you know....typical.

Like Farve week before, Manning had a s***ty game (it didn't help that Marvin Harrison is SUCH a pussy-- just one good separation route in the 4th Q would have tied the game up), no doubt, but where were you when he was smashing Broncos and Chiefs, setting all kinds of records....while NE barely sqeezed by a FG?

NE has arguably the best secondary of the last 20 years if not of all time. Add the weather factor to give NE a huge advantage before the game started....If Brady had to throw against Patriot secondary, he'd be 10 for 25, no TDs.....And if Manning was throwing in the dome or at least warm weather, he'd still toss a 3+ TDS....

I was gonna root for NE in the SB (I rooted for them against Colts cause Indy/Manning fans blow), but all this Brady arrogance changed my mind.

Go Panthers. Meh.