A-Rod Trade

israel4ever

Red Sox Trade

Well lets just say how ridiculous this is.

The Dodgers completely getting ripped off:

Miller, Perez, Mota for Manny Ramirez, (have to wonder why they would want Ramirez when they could get Maggs for this price, save $$$ and not have his albatross contract hanging over their head. Even worse is the fact LA could of just taken him off waivers for free and not have to give up anything.

I doubt that this has any semblence of truth, the White Sox getting Damon and Williamson, would need to be supplemented by some sort of prospect, or other cheap player.

If you notice Boston gets to keep almost every good player in the deal

Trade Williamson, keep the cheaper Mota.

Trade Damon, keep Beltran

Trade Manny, keep Maggs

Trade Kapler, get Jenkins.

Rangers get the second best trade.

Milwaukee third best.

And the lowly Dodgers and White Sox, the only way this trade can be facilitated get completely ripped off.

Sorry, but I would rather keep Maggs and take our chances with what we have.

I dont need nor want other teams castoffs.

SB

:fthecubs While driving home yesterday, Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000, with Mac, Jurko and Harry "first reported" that there is talk that the A-Rod deal to Boston could happen by the end of the week.

Kinda like Otis "first reported" it a little over 2 months ago... :rolleyes:

Red Sox Trade

Miller, Perez, Mota for Manny Ramirez, (have to wonder why they would want Ramirez when they could get Maggs for this price, save $$$ and not have his albatross contract hanging over their head. Even worse is the fact LA could of just taken him off waivers for free and not have to give up anything.

I doubt that this has any semblence of truth, the White Sox getting Damon and Williamson, would need to be supplemented by some sort of prospect, or other cheap player.

Trade Manny, keep Maggs

Milwaukee third best.

And the lowly Dodgers and White Sox, the only way this trade can be facilitated get completely ripped off.

SB

God I hope thats not the trade. I would not like the deal. :angry:

Red Sox Trade

Trade Manny, keep Maggs

Milwaukee third best.

SB

Whatever the details of the trade are...why would you want to keep Magglio when you know he won't re-sign with the Sox next year?

We might as well get something for him.

Because you can keep Maggs and have much better options.

1) See if the Sox are in the race come the All-Star game, if they are keep Maggs and try and go to the playoffs, and perhaps sign him next offseason, or get draft picks.

2) If they are not in the playoff picture, trade Maggs for prospects to the highest bidder, come the All Star break teams who are in playoff contention would love to place Maggs in the middle of their lineup. Look at what it cost us to add Everett, and imagine what we can get for Maggs...

3) Beause Damon and Williamson are throw aways, and if we are trading Maggs, a player who even some Boston fans percieve as better than Manny, should we not be getting Miller, Mota, Perez, etc... That is what Boston is getting for Manny who is paid more, and is unwanted. Maggs is paid less, his contract will not handcuff most teams, and is not a clubhouse cancer like Ramirez.

4) The option of being $5mil over budget is not so horrendous that a good owner should not be able to overcome it. If JR is as good a businessman as he thinks he is, then he will not make a terrible mistake and sell low. You hold on to Maggs, and his value will get more and more as the All Star break approaches. What if Sheff gets hurt, what if JD Drew fails miserably, and so and so forth. Now teams are knocking at the Sox's door and saying "We need Maggs".

SB

Red Sox Trade

Trade Manny, keep Maggs

Milwaukee third best.

SB

Tell me, do you think KW would take just those two, Damon and Williamson, for Maggs, the franchise player? Methinks no.

He'd probably try to unload Konerko and/or Koch and then either take Nomar, Nixon, and Williamson, or Nomar, Damon, and Williamson.

And honestly, do you think Milwaukee would accept Gabe Kapler and prospects for Geoff Jenkins, even with his salary? I know they could easily get more for him at the All-Star break. To get Jenkins from Milwaukee, it would probably take Nixon, which would also mean that they don't get Carlos Beltran, and if they don't get Carlos Beltran, they wouldn't trade away Johnny Damon, which leaves Magglio Ordonez for Scott Williamson. If 1 thing in this person's proposed deal goes wrong, the whole deal is toast. There are too many question marks in the deal to get it done, and too many things have to go right and in huge favor of the Red Sox for everything to work out. And as it was mentioned before, why would LA want Ramirez's fat ass contract when they could just get Maggs while paying him less and having the choice as to whether they want to keep him or not?

Just a Red Sox fan's wet dream. That kind of deal may work in video games, but it doesn't work in real life.

lol

Dont shoot the messenger, I am just posting what Ive read about the new proposed A-Rod deal.

Seems that the deal becomes more and more far fetched as time passes.

SB

Ahh, I was shooting the person who wrote the article, not the messenger. :D

Unless you wrote the article too :ph34r: ;)

If I wrote that article I would hope that I was shot immediately.

The day I root for any team out of New England is the day that ill be in the fetal position thinking that I too was cursed over a trade that happened 90 years ago.

:)

SB

Atleast we got that cleared that up. :)

The day I root for any team out of New England is the day that ill be in the fetal position thinking that I too was cursed over a trade that happened 90 years ago.

How do we arrange for the Bears to suffer from the same curse the Patriots ( :headbang ) have? :lol:

Because you can keep Maggs and have much better options.

1) See if the Sox are in the race come the All-Star game, if they are keep Maggs and try and go to the playoffs, and perhaps sign him next offseason, or get draft picks.

2) If they are not in the playoff picture, trade Maggs for prospects to the highest bidder, come the All Star break teams who are in playoff contention would love to place Maggs in the middle of their lineup. Look at what it cost us to add Everett, and imagine what we can get for Maggs...

3) Beause Damon and Williamson are throw aways, and if we are trading Maggs, a player who even some Boston fans percieve as better than Manny, should we not be getting Miller, Mota, Perez, etc... That is what Boston is getting for Manny who is paid more, and is unwanted. Maggs is paid less, his contract will not handcuff most teams, and is not a clubhouse cancer like Ramirez.

4) The option of being $5mil over budget is not so horrendous that a good owner should not be able to overcome it. If JR is as good a businessman as he thinks he is, then he will not make a terrible mistake and sell low. You hold on to Maggs, and his value will get more and more as the All Star break approaches. What if Sheff gets hurt, what if JD Drew fails miserably, and so and so forth. Now teams are knocking at the Sox's door and saying "We need Maggs".

SB

I'd trade Maggs to Boston for the players mentioned AND nomar, then I'd trade Nomar to LA for the players/prospects that you mentioned!!!

Red Sox Trade

Trade Manny, keep Maggs

Milwaukee third best.

SB

Sad thing is I could see KW jumping all over this deal.

:fthecubs While driving home yesterday, Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000, with Mac, Jurko and Harry "first reported" that there is talk that the A-Rod deal to Boston could happen by the end of the week.

I guess beating the dead horse became fun again for Henry and Hicks.