Does KW have something in the make?

Soxplosion

Does anyone think that when MrShowtime posted that excerpt that KW was making a move that he didnt want to discuss that signing Rick White was that move? I have a feeling KWs not done yet, hes been pretty busy this offseason. But this Rick White signing doesnt seem like there would be any reason to not discuss it, Im sure no other team would have swooped in and stolen him. I think Kenny might have something else cookin and then hell be done for the offseason. So far this offseason Im giving Kenny a B-, it woulda been an A except for this Mark Buehrle incident...

The only thing he should be doing at all is considering signing another CFer....Orlando Palmeiro, Alex Ochoa, hell, even Jose Cruz Jr....I'm not sure if Rowand will be ready and Harris shouldn't be handed the job out of ST....anyone fancy trading for Oakland's Terrence Long? I know we've made about 4 trades with Oakland in the past 2 years, but if you can't beat the A's, the next best thing is being the A's!

I'd give them West and Sanders for Long...Long's got good defense and a good arm and can play CF...he's got some power, though he strikes out a lot and doesn't hit for a high average....regardless, he would be hitting from about the #8 or #9 spot in the order. I think it'd be a good idea...that's why I posted it.

This is probably the only move he should be considering at all though...is acquiring a CFer

....anyone fancy trading for Oakland's Terrence Long?  I know we've made about 4 trades with Oakland in the past 2 years, but if you can't beat the A's, the next best thing is being the A's!

I'd give them West and Sanders for Long...Long's got good defense and a good arm and can play CF...he's got some power, though he strikes out a lot and doesn't hit for a high average....regardless, he would be hitting from about the #8 or #9 spot in the order.  I think it'd be a good idea...that's why I posted it.

This is probably the only move he should be considering at all though...is acquiring a CFer

No no no and no...absolutely not. Terrence Long is exactly who we don't need. Keep in mind that Oakland signed Chris Singleton in order to move Long OUT of center field. That right there is enough to keep me the hell away from T Long.

....anyone fancy trading for Oakland's Terrence Long?  I know we've made about 4 trades with Oakland in the past 2 years, but if you can't beat the A's, the next best thing is being the A's!

I'd give them West and Sanders for Long...Long's got good defense and a good arm and can play CF...he's got some power, though he strikes out a lot and doesn't hit for a high average....regardless, he would be hitting from about the #8 or #9 spot in the order.  I think it'd be a good idea...that's why I posted it.

No no no and no...absolutely not. Terrence Long is exactly who we don't need. Keep in mind that Oakland signed Chris Singleton in order to move Long OUT of center field. That right there is enough to keep me the hell away from T Long.

I wish I could tell you why they did that...because from what I saw, he had good range, made most plays and had a decent arm, as well as the fact that he's left-handed and has decent power as well. I don't see why it would be such a bad move.

Orlando Palmeiro, Alex Ochoa, hell, even Jose Cruz Jr....

I think it would be better put if it was Jose Cruz Jr, Orlando Palmeiro... hell, even Alex Ochoa. Sorry wsf, just had to point it out. I think Cruz would be good but Palmeiros never really been a starter. Whatever tho, this is the same issue I have with catcher. I dont care how well the guy hits. Hitting is what we have Maggs and co for. Since CF and C are two important defensive positions I just want defense. Thats why Im fine with Alomar but I dont know which of those outfielders has the best defense. So, who is it? Cuz thats the guy I hope we get...

Guest hotsoxchick1
I was referring to Kenny Lofton.  My idiot friend from home used to refer to him as that after Darren Jackson called him that once on a broadcast.  I was being sarcasting.  Lofton is overrated, old and sucks.  Is that better?  :D

much... but of course we knew that already lol.......... ;)