Talkin Baseball

Rauch611

They said that? That they'd dismantle the team a.k.a. give up? I don't think they'd say that. And what exactly do you mean "Maggs is done"?

Okay, what I heard was that they would dismantle the team, thats what Brucie said. Also, they say Magglio will test the market and be done with the sox.

Okay, what I heard was that they would dismantle the team, thats what Brucie said. Also, they say Magglio will test the market and be done with the sox.

Bruce also said the A-Rod deal was back on a few weeks back and even went on Sportscenter to discuss it. We all know how true that was.

And Rauch611, in case you missed what went down this past weekend, the Sox aren't going to be making any moves. They are going to go into the season with the team they have now. That was made clear at Soxfest by both KW and Rick Hahn several times.

Bruce also said the A-Rod deal was back on a few weeks back and even went on Sportscenter to discuss it.  We all know how true that was.

And Rauch611, in case you missed what went down this past weekend, the Sox aren't going to be making any moves.  They are going to go into the season with the team they have now.  That was made clear at Soxfest by both KW and Rick Hahn several times.

I remember that, I think it was even after everyone else had said it was dead, and then there was some 'rumors' saying it was back on. I will believe it when I see it.

Bruce also said the A-Rod deal was back on a few weeks back and even went on Sportscenter to discuss it.  We all know how true that was.

And Rauch611, in case you missed what went down this past weekend, the Sox aren't going to be making any moves.  They are going to go into the season with the team they have now.  That was made clear at Soxfest by both KW and Rick Hahn several times.

As I said in my earlier post, Aboz, you know the Grapevine Levine...should have put it in green..but yeah I don't believe this garbage anyway...

I remember that, I think it was even after everyone else had said it was dead, and then there was some 'rumors' saying it was back on. I will believe it when I see it.

That's not to say that Levine doesn't know whats going on, but this guy is so negative about this season that he just assumes the Sox will be in a position to dump players as the dog days of summer reach us. What's to say the Sox will be out of contention at that point?

I think Levine is blowing way too much smoke out of his ass right now in regards to all of these moves he is talking about and already talking about dismantling the team before the season begins. I've almost heard enough of the guy.

That's not to say that Levine doesn't know whats going on, but this guy is so negative about this season that he just assumes the Sox will be in a position to dump players as the dog days of summer reach us.  What's to say the Sox will be out of contention at that point?

I think Levine is blowing way too much smoke out of his ass right now in regards to all of these moves he is talking about and already talking about dismantling the team before the season begins.  I've almost heard enough of the guy.

Very true.

That's not to say that Levine doesn't know whats going on, but this guy is so negative about this season that he just assumes the Sox will be in a position to dump players as the dog days of summer reach us.  What's to say the Sox will be out of contention at that point?

I think Levine is blowing way too much smoke out of his ass right now in regards to all of these moves he is talking about and already talking about dismantling the team before the season begins.  I've almost heard enough of the guy.

Plus he is a cubs fan anyway :puke . Do you ever really trust what the hell they are saying when it comes to knowing baseball? All these guys that claim to be insiders, including that jag from boston, usually end up knowing nothing at all. They are usually wrong about every move and about every player going somwhere. After hearing him insist that the ARod deal was back on, even when all sides involved claimed there was no truth to it, makes it very hard to take anything this guy says seriously anymore.

Plus he is a cubs fan anyway  :puke . Do you ever really trust what the hell they are saying when it comes to knowing baseball? All these guys that claim to be insiders, including that jag from boston, usually end up knowing nothing at all. They are usually wrong about every move and about every player going somwhere. After hearing him insist that the ARod deal was back on, even when all sides involved claimed there was no truth to it, makes it very hard to take anything this guy says seriously anymore.

You know, if someone posts a rumor or speculates about a possible trade, and it doesn't happen, that does not make them "Wrong".

That could also be a smoke screen by KW and RH to take some pressure off they're much reamed asses. If nothing happens, they say we told you ... if something does, it just came up.

That could also be a smoke screen by KW and RH to take some pressure off they're much reamed asses.  If nothing happens, they say we told you ... if something does, it just came up.

Of course they are goin to do that. No GM in their rite mind would say that they about to make a deal, cos then anotha team would prob come in and make a betta deal. Still I'm hopin for Konerko to be shipped out, and I think if Maddux signs with da Dodgers, the chances of this occurin increase quite a bit. I wonder if a new GM came in to replace Evans though would they move Greg Miller or Edwin Jackson to get a legiminate bat. ;)

My problem with a lot of so called "insiders" is that a lot of times their sources use them to get stories out to serve their own purposes. With regards to Levine I think he took a big hit in credibility with the A-Rod thing a few weeks ago... He was sticking by his story even after the teams came out and denied it... If those are his real sources it's proof that some of his insiders are iffy

You know, if someone posts a rumor or speculates about a possible trade, and it doesn't happen, that does not make them "Wrong".

If they speculate on something but it doesn't come true, then what is it? Levine had nothing to go on with his rumor that the ARod trade was back on. That was the biggest bunch of bulls*** I have ever heard.