Baseball Season

SoxAce

Sorry dude to correct you, but it was in the Mets system.  It was a drunk driver at the wheel.  Tim Bishop was the kids name.  He was the first athlete in IN HS history to be invited to the top 40 all star work out in football, basketball, and baseball.  He was on the 1995 team with Bryce Drew that lost to South Bend Clay in the basketball state finals.

My bad. I knew it was in New York and just assumed it was the Yankees I guess. I did know his name was Tim Bishop though, because my sister got the "Tim Bishop scholarship"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean De LaSalle or St. Francis DeSales? But...I go to neither of those. I go to Gwendolyn Brooks. Why do you ask?

Get the f*** outta here?! I know about 4 or 5 people that go to Gwendolyn Brooks.(Dunno if they still go there cause I haven't talked to some since 8th grade.) Whata small world. :)

Get the f*** outta here?! I know about 4 or 5 people that go to Gwendolyn Brooks.(Dunno if they still go there cause I haven't talked to some since 8th grade.) Whata small world. :)

Thats coo! Any names? I know a bunch of seniors and juniors. What HS do u go 2?

Thats coo! Any names? I know a bunch of seniors and juniors. What HS do u go 2?

I go to Washington H.S. now but formerly went to Bishop Noll. Lets see... Do you know Alex Alcantar, Miguel Ramirez or Cindy Ramirez? Dunno if they still go there or not but I graduated with them.

Well... our 1st game starts tom. in like below 40 degree weather. I'm alittle nervous , but I pumped as well!! I'm the lefty hitting, right fielding 2nd baseman with the # 15 (the 1 represents me and my best year in baseball, and the 5 represents my little brother who has been good with that # and pitched with it for 2 straight seasons.) I'm glad I got the number. I hope I bat leadoff like in some practices. :) I'm hoping for the best out of my team. Wish Us luck!!!!! ^_^

Well... our 1st game starts tom. in like below 40 degree weather. I'm alittle nervous , but I pumped as well!! I'm the lefty hitting, right fielding 2nd baseman with the # 15 (the 1 represents me and my best year in baseball, and the 5 represents my little brother who has been good with that # and pitched with it for 2 straight seasons.) I'm glad I got the number. I hope I bat leadoff like in some practices. :) I'm hoping for the best out of my team. Wish Us luck!!!!! ^_^

your lucky we dont start till next week. plus side is that we acctually practiced outside for a change. i was so pumped, didnt even bother me that it was like 40 degrees and snowing with wicked winds.

i was so pumped, didnt even bother me that it was like 40 degrees and snowing with wicked winds.

s***, I was freezing my ass off. :lol: But when the game starts, I probably won't even think about the weather and just worry about beating the other team.

I go to Washington H.S. now but formerly went to Bishop Noll. Lets see... Do you know Alex Alcantar, Miguel Ramirez or Cindy Ramirez? Dunno if they still go there or not but I graduated with them.

I know Alex!!!!!!!! he is on the baseball team with me! We call him Tacajo, which is Spanish for "person with the same name." Thats so cool. I live right near Washington H.S. Like 5 blocks away! Thats sooo cool. Check ur PM.

We played our first game on Monday and we tied 2-2 in the 4th inning. The Unp called the game cuz it was snowing like crazy. We played Julian and got off to a slow start but the Ump screwed us. He let Julian bat when it was snowing hard and they scored 2 runs but when we started scoring and the weather was clearing up, he called the game like a jackass! He was calling some s***ty pitches behind the plate too. We were supposed to play Tuesday and today but the games were cancelled due to snow and we just practiced. We have a game tommorrow after school if the weather permits. Then we have a game on Saturday too.

I'm not surprised. You guys start really early. Does your team have morning practices during the week? Because I have practice three times a week at 5:40, it sucks.

Nope. Luckaly our coach is so lazy, he hates getting up early. :lol: Plus, us varsity players don't need much practice anywayz. So far 2 straight games got cancelled. Hopefully tomorrow won't be the same result. :bringit

I know Alex!!!!!!!! he is on the baseball team with me! We call him Tacajo, which is Spanish for "person with the same name." Thats so cool. I live right near Washington H.S. Like 5 blocks away! Thats sooo cool. Check ur PM.

Haha Does he still suck? :lol: I wanted to call him "Big Cabeza kid" Or Big head Kid. ;)

Nope. Luckaly our coach is so lazy, he hates getting up early. :lol: Plus, us varsity players don't need much practice anywayz. So far 2 straight games got cancelled. Hopefully tomorrow won't be the same result. :bringit

Our Varsity is the opposite. They practice more than we do. They have to stay home for spring break which is next week, just to practice, they don't even have any games. The only reason the freshman team practices at 5:30 is because Varsity hogs the gym during the afterschool practices.

Actually, last year, he warmed the bench and did the book!  :lol:

Yea, I used to play for the Yankees on the senior field by Greenbay (how wierd is we won the World Series that year :lol:) about a couple years ago before I fractured my knee, and he played for the Blue Jays. We both were benchwarmers lol cause I sucked back then, but now I'm pretty good. I'm starting at 2nd base and might eigher be leadoff or 2nd hitter. Is Alex still a benchwarmer? :huh:

Allen Iverson here huh...all high school kids need more practice, there is no way around it. Same goes for college kids. ;)

Our Varsity is the opposite. They practice more than we do. They have to stay home for spring break which is next week, just to practice, they don't even have any games. The only reason the freshman team practices at 5:30 is because Varsity hogs the gym during the afterschool practices.

Damn. That sucks. Haha stupid Freshies.. :bang I just want to play so bad. We got a dude on my baseball team named Tony who is an absolute stud. He can hit, pitch, and field. I actually think he can be a prospect one day if he still plays baseball and his heart for it is as big as mine. He loves the game. He's pitching in our 1st game and in our home field tomorrow hopefully. (since our other home and away games were cancelled)

Allen Iverson here huh...all high school kids need more practice, there is no way around it. Same goes for college kids.  ;)

We do practice but the thing is we don't practice in the mornings. We do it after school. But we all can hold our own, plus my school is garbage anyway. ;)