Baseball Season

SoxAce

I know that Spring Training for the sox is comming up. I want to know if anyone is playing baseball this year besides me? Tryouts for my school start on tuesday, and I'm pumped, nervous, and excited!! Hopefully I'll land somewhere on my high school baseball team. I'm trying out for all the OF positions and all the infield. Hopefully I'll impress. I'm real excited about my little brother. This kid is going to be something I believe. He can pitch. :headbang One of the coaches said he's the most accurate pitchers he's seen in years. Doesn't throw hard, just a fastball, change pitcher (right now) The only thing is, he's not as motivated as me. Hopefully he'll do good this year. (only 10 yrs. old) Whoever is trying out, I'll wish you the best of luck. Wish me luck guys. I'm gonna need it. :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah our conditioning is starting pretty late this year. It starts Wednesday (Feb 11)....This is my senior year of HS, and probably my final year of playing organized baseball. :(

I'm going to miss it. I've been playing since I was 4 years old. (T-Ball!!! :headbang)......This is my 14th year of some kind of organized baseball. I play the corners; I'm usually at 3rd. It's a rariety, but I started learning the OF the last couple years. I kind of like it out there.

Ah BTW...good luck JReed... :cheers

Its my first year as in high school baseball and our tryouts dont start until the first week of march, but we have been conditioning for awhile. Im really pumped for this year not only because its my first year at the high school level but i feel like im in the best shape i've ever been in for baseball. Im trying out for CenterField where you will usually find me. I've played there since i was 10 and i love it.

Yeah our conditioning is starting pretty late this year.  It starts Wednesday (Feb 11)....This is my senior year of HS, and probably my final year of playing organized baseball. :(

I'm going to miss it.  I've been playing since I was 4 years old.  (T-Ball!!! :headbang)......This is my 14th year of some kind of organized baseball.  I play the corners; I'm usually at 3rd.  It's a rariety, but I started learning the OF the last couple years.  I kind of like it out there.

Ah BTW...good luck JReed... :cheers

I know what you mean Greasy. This is my junior year so I don't have much time left eigher. I haven't played the last two seasons cause I was injured and was on rehab. (osgoodsloderus (sp?) which is a fracture I had in both my knees [upper part] but affected my left knee the worst) It's still not the same, but I'm back :headbang :usa Haven't played baseball as long (started at 12) but I've been off and on (sucked one year good another than sucked one year you know(even though I won the world series my 8th grade year :)) There's alot of good players already on my team in high school. Hopefully I'll show them what this little guy is made of :D. Good luck to you too greasy, and to all the people who's trying out for baseball/softball this year! :bringit

Tryouts start the 1st, we've been conditioning since first week of January. I'll probably be on the Soph team and we should own. Broke all the records for the combined a/b freshman team record since the 60s. Our V team on the other hand...ew

But we do have 2 kids throwing 85+

HS tryouts start March 1 here. We just started conditioning last week. I play catcher, pitcher, and a little left infield when needed. Hopefully I'll make it cause we got 60 freshman trying out for 16 spots on the freshman team. And a little league team from our town won state a few years back, and most of the kids from that team are in my grade, so there is a lot of talent. I was about two weeks too old to play on the state champions all-star team. Hopefully all of us at Soxtalk can make it. :bringit

You know, its very easy to find out if someone is lying.   :D  I don't see any players named Steve on the team........

http://msuspartans.ocsn.com/sports/m-baseb...basebl-mtt.html

Haha yeah, but at least we know he is on the wrestling team.

Admin note... I am going to kill the link to the wrestling site. I don't know if Steve wants his full name out there

Edited by danman31

Admin note... I am going to kill the link to the wrestling site.  I don't know if Steve wants his full name out there

Who are you to speak for the starting third baseball of the 2004 Spartans. ;) :lol: I'm sure if Steve linked msuwrestling.com from his profile he didn't care if people knew his real name.

Who are you to speak for the starting third baseball of the 2004 Spartans. ;)  :lol: I'm sure if Steve linked msuwrestling.com from his profile he didn't care if people knew his real name.

Probably not, but just to be sure, I'll take that chance. If Steve wants me to change it I will.

I doubt most people want their personal info out there, even at a relatively safe site like this one.

Probably not, but just to be sure, I'll take that chance.  If Steve wants me to change it I will.

I doubt most people want their personal info out there, even at a relatively safe site like this one.

Ok, but he put the link out there earlier. I didn't start this.

Wait a sec. I got edited. :fyou asshole! :lol:

I'm probably going to play SS or 3B for my softball team, since my body has entered the Cecil Fielder/Tony Gwynn/Mo Vaughn/Terry Forster stage of life at the ripe old age of 40.

I will STILL, however, be the team's 3rd hitter, leading batter for average AND power, and probably lead in "doubles-that-would-have-been-triples-or-homers-a-couple-years-ago".

:D

I can still swing the bat - it's the only reason my phone ever rings in February anymore.