Moneyball strikes again

Cerbaho-WG

I say Perez and Jackson for Frank and call it an offseason, well almost. Try to find a lefty bat that wouldn't cost much (in terms of salary and prospects).

But ya, if the Dodgers wanted to give us Miller too and we throw in Honel (i'd deal Miller for Honel striaght up so I'd do it here too).

Although I find it very unlikely that the Dodgers would give up their two best prospects, I think they will deal one, whether its Miller or Jackson who knows.

If he is a stat freak it will be interesting to see what his take on Maddux is....

I know Maddux stats last year weren't overwhelming and he's only about a 6 inning pitcher...

However I imagine this is why Maddux said he won't be signing to Feb. 17th the earliest... I'm bet the Dodgers told Boras their GM situation would be straight by this weekend so they can make an actual offer

If we deal Frank KW better hold out for Miller and Perez, nothing less.

If somehow the Sox could get Miller and Jackson for Frank Thomas (No Perez) i'd be exstatic, if they could get Miller, Jackson and Perez, I'd also be exstatic. Realistically I'd be very happy with Perez and Jackson/Miller.

If the Sox got another prospect great. I wonder what the value is for Thomas on the trade market.

If somehow the Sox could get Miller and Jackson for Frank Thomas (No Perez) i'd be exstatic, if they could get Miller, Jackson and Perez, I'd also be exstatic.  Realistically I'd be very happy with Perez and Jackson/Miller.

If the Sox got another prospect great.  I wonder what the value is for Thomas on the trade market.

Miller and Jackson might be too much, but i think Miller (potential ace) and Perez (quality starter) is fair for both sides. You don't get a potential ace with Jackson, so Miller would have to be involved for me to be OK with any Dodger trade.

I dunno Mac, I personally think Jackson is the better of the two, but they are both stellar. I haven't seen Miller though, but when I watched Jackson pitch a few games in September he was absolutely stellar for a rookie.

He really looks like a guy that could be given the 5th spot and grow and turn into a legit ace. Miller is supposed to be awesome too. They are both probably top 10 prospects in all of baseball.

But a rotation with Scho as the 5th (unless Jackson beats him out) for a short time and Jackson adjusting in the pen or in Charlotte (I hate seeing pitchers go their, they seem to just sputter along in Charlotte...well most top prospects we have do at least).

If somehow the Sox could get Miller and Jackson for Frank Thomas (No Perez) i'd be exstatic, if they could get Miller, Jackson and Perez, I'd also be exstatic.  Realistically I'd be very happy with Perez and Jackson/Miller.

If the Sox got another prospect great.  I wonder what the value is for Thomas on the trade market.

This insane hype over Miller and Jackson has GOT to stop.

Now.

One is just 19, the other is barely 20.

Meawhile, we must win NOW in order to keep payroll at decent levels post-2004, get some of the fanbase back, and compete. So when (or rather IF) Miller matures and becomes a 3.50 ERA pitcher by, say, 2007-2008.....What good would that do us then? Imagine our 1999 (yes, one that drew 1.3 Mill fans, that one) team but with a Greg Miller an ace: ok, so we win 80 games instead of 74, whooptie-fricken-doo.

Perez is making over 5 Mill so you aren't saving much money on the deal.

I would do it for Konerko because I think Konerko is terribly overrated even at his peak production, and I will never forgive him for 2003. Ever.

Frank Thomas IS the White Sox, much as Joe Jackson is. He is worth more to the Sox than he is to a NL team (he can't field), especially one playing in a pitcher's park. Think about it.

If godforbid I am wrong about Perez's ability and he gets off to a slow start pitching in AL, away from CR.....Sox are in a BIG effin' trouble in every respect.

Now...Frank + Honel for Jackon + Miller? Then it gets much harder to pass up on the deal........BUT then again, why would the Dodgers do it? They got the money to spend, they don't NEED Frank THAT bad and they will get roasted for giving away both Miller and Jackson......Plus, they may be able to get Frank AFTER 2004 if he has a good year and the Sox (naturally) refuse to pay.

Let's hope the new GM saves us all a lot of trouble and gives us OP for PK.

What's the buzz out there on this GM deal Jason? Has anyone else backed up what Peter said?

To be honest for the last hour I've been reading for school. My dad said he hasn't heard much about it, but he's been swamped at work.

You were the first to tell me what was going on. :D

Now I'm going to get back to reading (I can only read so long and then I start to notice that I'm about to fall asleep).

To be honest for the last hour I've been reading for school.  My dad said he hasn't heard much about it, but he's been swamped at work.

Now I'm going to get back to reading (I can only read so long and then I start to notice that I'm about to fall asleep).

You tell your dad to put the friggin radio on. :lol:

I need to know what is happening.

To be honest for the last hour I've been reading for school.  My dad said he hasn't heard much about it, but he's been swamped at work.

amen to the falling apart. History puts me to sleep. when ever i cant sleep at night i pull out the US History book i have for class and start reading ;)

Sum ppl especially Chicago natives won't be happy in dealin Honel and I don't think he'll get dealt. He'll help sell tickets when he's up in da big leagues hopefully, although if we could get Perez or Mota and Jackson or Miller for Thomas straight up, we gotta do that deal.

Sum ppl especially Chicago natives won't be happy in dealin Honel and I don't think he'll get dealt. He'll help sell tickets when he's up in da big leagues hopefully, although if we could get Perez or Mota and Jackson or Miller for Thomas straight up, we gotta do that deal.

Exactly, his chicago roots are something the Sox could actually market and get people to come out to the park (imagine that), so he's not going to be dealt.