Around the Horn

aboz56

Yea, stat boy is kinda boring when I watch the show. Sure he knows knoledge, but he doesn't have the enthusiasm Kellerman has

Yeah, i know, i was just being messing around. I agree, Kellerman is a much better watch, but every once in a while Stat Boy cracks me up.

By the way, does Mariotti ever miss a show, i've never seen one where he's not there. Even one time he wasnt on the show, he popped into Woody's screen at the end. Does Mariotti have some money put into the show or something. Even Woody Paige is cycled around between all of the writers...

Just curious...

Max Kellerman's contract expired with ESPN. They chose not to re-sign him because he wanted too much money. Expect to see him on Fox Sports sometime in the near future.

I guess ol' Maxie is taking a 1 million and a half hour break.

WTF, say it's not true!

:fyou ESPN

I only remember a couple times I didn't see Jay M. I remember even Woody saying he has no life cause he's always on the show :lol: You gotta love Woody P. :headbang

I agree that Kellerman is much better than the statboy, but I must say that the only reason I watch the show is because of Woody Paige. IMO he is the star of the show and the reason why most people watch. He is extremely funny and I love the way that he takes cheap shots at Marrioti. Woody Paige is the man. He is usually good for one great quote each week.

Quote of the week from Woody Paige:

"Not only does Michael Holley know what he is talking about, but the idea of a turtleneck and nose jewerly, fabulous."

Yeah...I'm not the biggest fan of the show, but it's definitely not the same w/out Max. With Statboy behind the controls, they have like 50 points before the 2nd elimination. Though it's kind of interesting on that show. It seems you just get points for how long you talk; either that, or Max/Statboy agree w/ everything coming out of their mouths.

I really like PTI better than this show though.

MAX'D OUT? (courtesy of Maxboxing.com)

You won't be seeing Max Kellerman on ESPN2's Friday Night Fights' as Kellerman's contract has run out and ESPN's exclusive window to negotiate with Kellerman has expired.

Kellerman has also been sitting out his daily show 'Around the Horn'. You just wonder if this has anything to do with ESPN's seeming desire to get rid of boxing, if not downsize it to a point where nobody cares about it anymore. Say what you will about 'Mad Max' but Friday Night Fights just won't be the same without him.

I have also just read elsewhere that Max wanted 850K/yr from ESPN and they declined to give him that figure, so he will no longer be a part of Around the Horn. The report also stated that once they find alternate programming, the show will be cancelled.

PTI owns ATH. ATH is popular because it's before PTI. Once PTI comes on ATH has already done it all. PTI is hilarious when the 2 are really going at it. Kellerman was good, but he got annoying at times. Stat Boy is ok in doses. Cancel the show, it's no good without Max.

I have also just read elsewhere that Max wanted 850K/yr from ESPN and they declined to give him that figure, so he will no longer be a part of Around the Horn.  The report also stated that once they find alternate programming, the show will be cancelled.

$850,000/yr to talk on a boxing show nobody watches and to host a show that is a clusterf*ck? ESPN did the right thing. Kellerman isn't like Dan Patrick or anything.

Not that I like Patrick, but he is a main stay and brings in viewers.