More A-Rod trade talk

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has arod ever played 3b for extended period?

if deal goes thru:

steinbrenner's a frickin' shark--gets an mvp player for 3b after losing their good 3b so he fills a hole AND he pisses all over the bosox not just by doing this deal but also pretty much guarantying that the bosox are stuck with a high $$$ player who doesnt want to play there, manny ramirez.

I don't see why everyone is so mad. They gave up Soriano so I don't know who they will put at 2B unless that's where they move A-Rod. My point is that the Yankees have had the best team on paper the last few years and haven't won the WS so I don't see why this year won't be any different. Besides they did lose Clemens and Pettitte.

You forgot the :fyou 

God damn this sucks so bad. Looks like we'll be off to a bad start again this year since we have to play the Yanks 7 times in early April.

O god I forgot about playing the bastards 7 times. :puke But we always do ok playing against them. We should use Cotts so he can strikeout A-Rod a couple times. ;)

I don't see why everyone is so mad. They gave up Soriano so I don't know who they will put at 2B unless that's where they move A-Rod. My point is that the Yankees have had the best team on paper the last few years and haven't won the WS so I don't see why this year won't be any different. Besides they did lose Clemens and Pettitte.

A-rod is much better than soriano, that's why we're upset.

O god I forgot about playing the bastards 7 times.  :puke  But we always do ok playing against them. We should use Cotts so he can strikeout A-Rod a couple times. ;)

Oh yeah, I agree. We should surely start Cotts over Buehrle in Yankee Stadium again. It worked so great last time.I feel sorry for BoSox fans right now.

If the Yankees can't win the WS w/ this team, this would be the biggest choke in the history of the sports.....Forget Steve Bartman and Grady Little.......If you can't win w/ Jeter, A-Rod, Sheff, Giambi, Williams, Posada...etc...Come on now, it's ridiculous.  No team can compare to that.

How's the pitching?

Mussina, Kevin Brown, Vasquez, Contreras, Lieber, Rivera, Flash, etc.....

Worst in the league....

Mussina, Vazquez, and Rivera are the only guarantees to be good. Brown has been injury prone over the past couple years(37 combined games between 2001 and 2002, equaling about half a year per), with 2003 being his first full year since 2000. Contreras has not pitched a full season yet, though he was solid during his time up this year (7-2 in 18 games, 9 of them being starts, with a 3.30 ERA, and 1.15 WHIP and a .202 BAA...again, if he does that over a full year, it's a different story). Lieber is not fully recovered from his Tommy John surgery and will probably not be 100% until 2005, and lord knows if Flash's arm will stay on or if he will even be effective...before this past year, he averaged 34 games a year(which is about half a year each year) in his last 3 years, the past 4 overall. He missed all of 2000 with his surgery(I believe Tommy John), and had a 5.60 ERA and a 1.64 WHIP in 1999 before going on the shelf. The last year he pitched as many as 65 games before 2003 was 1998, and as I said before, the next year he had a s***ty year and was then done for the rest of that year and the next. Who says that doesn't happen again?

A name you did not mention was Paul Quantrill, who is a pretty damn good reliever.

So from what I can tell, their bullpen is composed of Rivera, Flash, Quantrill, Karsay(if he is healthy by opening day), Felix Heredia, and then who? Looks to me like Bret Prinz and Jorge DePaula.

Not the worst pitching staff, but not the best either. If the Yankees faced the Cubs in the series, I got a bad feeling the Cubbies would destroy them and whip their asses. If the Giants staff stays healthy, Jason Schmidt would make the Yankees look silly. The Phillies could do quite a bit of damage as well.

Of course, this bullpen is bound to change, as George will get a little pissed and will trade for whoever he can get his hands on. He'll probably get whoever the hell he wants to.

But that says it though.  The Yankees may not have the best staff in the league; I'll agree with that.  However, their rotation and bullpen is still at the least top 6 or so.  If you put that together w/ that lineup.  It's pretty pathetic if you can't win it all.

I agree. That lineup is f***ing loaded now. The starters will have alot of runs per game, and I think that staff should carry them into the playoffs, possibly World Series as well.

But that says it though.  The Yankees may not have the best staff in the league; I'll agree with that.  However, their rotation and bullpen is still at the least top 6 or so.  If you put that together w/ that lineup.  It's pretty pathetic if you can't win it all.

The lineup is loaded, but as has been proved by the Yankees in the past 2 years, you cannot win because you have an incredibly good offense. If you want a strength anywhere, make it in the pitching staff.

IMO, the offense is too strikeout prone and would be beaten in the postseason, be it by Oakland's stellar rotation, Boston's big 1-2-3, or a Philadelphia/Chicago/San Fran/some sleeper. I would like Esteban's chances against the Yankees this year...he'd probably get 10-15 K's. Buehrle on the other hand would probably get torched.

Right now, they don't have the pitching to win it all. Come September, they might due to trades or a minor leaguer stepping up or something of the like.