NBA All-Star Festivities

Just watched some of the All-Star contests.....The Lakers won the skills challenge, where you have a NBA, WNBA, and "legend" have to make so many shots in the quickest amount of time. During this the "legend" wore a throwback jersey of the team. The Pistons were in this contest, and John Salley was the legend. He's not really a legend in my book, but props to him for wearing the Fort Wayne Pistons jersey! (Pistons played here in the early 20th century. They actually played in North Side HS's gym. Unfortunately, this is the last year this 75 year old gym will be used.) :headbang Baron Davis, of the Hornets, won this obstacle course contest they had. Peja Sticiokjsdkjfkjfdsic was going for his 3rd straight 3-Point Shootout victory, but he lost to Voshan Leonard of the Nuggets. In the slam dunk contest, Jason Richardson was trying to 3-peat, but Fred Jones of the INDIANA Pacers :headbang ended up winning that.

Though they don't treat it like a real game until the late 3rd quarter/start of the 4th quarter. I'm looking forward to the All-Star game tomorrow night. Basketball's basketball.

Just watched some of the All-Star contests.....The Lakers won the skills challenge, where you have a NBA, WNBA, and "legend" have to make so many shots in the quickest amount of time.  During this the "legend" wore a throwback jersey of the team.  The Pistons were in this contest, and John Salley was the legend.  He's not really a legend in my book, but props to him for wearing the Fort Wayne Pistons jersey! (Pistons played here in the early 20th century.  They actually played in North Side HS's gym.  Unfortunately, this is the last year this 75 year old gym will be used.)  :headbang Baron Davis, of the Hornets, won this obstacle course contest they had.  Peja Sticiokjsdkjfkjfdsic was going for his 3rd straight 3-Point Shootout victory, but he lost to Voshan Leonard of the Nuggets.  In the slam dunk contest, Jason Richardson was trying to 3-peat, but Fred Jones of the INDIANA Pacers  :headbang ended up winning that. 

Though they don't treat it like a real game until the late 3rd quarter/start of the 4th quarter.  I'm looking forward to the All-Star game tomorrow night.  Basketball's basketball.

i really was hoping for a good dunk contest but that was the WORSE ending to a dunk contest i have ever seen i think it compares to the year where they made the players repeat famous past dunks :huh:

i really was hoping for a good dunk contest but that was the WORSE ending to a dunk contest i have ever seen i think it compares to the year where they made the players repeat famous past dunks :huh:

I don't blame that all on the players though. That dunk Jones was going for from the crowd would have been sick, and the NBA had some worthless rules saying that since the layup went in, that it counted as his attempt.

With the exception of Richardson's off-the-backboard-thru-the-legs dunk, that Dunk Contest was HORRIBLE. Freddie Jones' first dunk was easily the worst of the round, but it got a 50, allowing him to get into the final round. Then they give Richardson a couple dozen tries on his dunk and, for the sake of fairness, are forced to give Jones a ton of tries to do his weakass alley-oop from the crowd dunk.

Also, who the hell picked these players? Richardson is the defending champ so he's gotta be in it. Then you pick asshole Ricky Davis, and a couple of benchwarming jobbers to round out the field.

KUMMAWN SHELLY

COME ON

I'm just adding to this thread that Jason Kidds child is really goofy looking.......and oddly is developing a mustache at the age of 2. :lol:

Even though the game is a joke (players are intentionally keeping this game close), its relatively enjoyable. 129-127 East over West with 2:06 in the fourth

Was I the only one who thought that the that white guy from the Nuggets should have atleast gone on to the final round in the dunk contest? His first dunk got a 42, and that was bulls***, because it was like the 2nd or 3rd best dunk of the night I thought.

I bet the judges were racist :ph34r: ;)

I'm just adding to this thread that Jason Kidds child is really goofy looking.......and oddly is developing a mustache at the age of 2. :lol:

Oh my God!!! :lol: I was watching the game with my friend tonight, and I told him how I always thought that Jason Kidd's son is the ugliest child I've ever seen. It's interesting, because his parents are not ugly, especially his Mom.

Oh my God!!!    :lol:  I was watching the game with my friend tonight, and I told him how I always thought that Jason Kidd's son is the ugliest child I've ever seen. It's interesting, because his parents are not ugly, especially his Mom.

Yea J. Kidd's wife is hott. And I thought my little bro had a big head.. My god J.Kidd's son has one of the biggest heads I've ever seen. :lol: