Herbert Perry

awesomefan

I'm gonna have some fun now. Looks like I finally got that Avatar thingy to work for me.

The focus isn't just right, but it's better than nothing.

If anyone can tell me how to get a clearer avatar picture, please let me know. I entered 125 pixel width & 125 pixel height.

I'll change the picture from time to time just to see what reaction I get.

I just had to give my beloved Herbert first pick. More will follow as I experiment. :rolleyes:

Heh, my mom and sisters loved him at kids day. They "touched" his hand. I loved the way he contributed for this team. Too bad we got rid of him.

Yes, he was certainly a guy to come through in the clutch when we had him. Getting rid of Perry when we did was one move I never understood.

We had to lose Perry to make way for Joe Crede's arrival (finally). I don't think the team needed another utility guy (like Graffanino) and Perry deserved to start somewhere. I liked his somewhat of a throwback batting stance and good old American look. I won't forget the season he had for us coming out of nowhere in 2000. When we first got him I remember thinking "Herbert?, wtf kind of name is that for a baseball player?"

If anyone can tell me how to get a clearer avatar picture, please let me know.  I entered 125 pixel width & 125 pixel height.

awesomefan, try lowering the pixel amount for the width of the picture. It looks like it's being stretched to far horizontally.

after he left, didnt Manuel refer to him as a clubhouse distraction? Does anyone know what that could have been about?

The only thing I can think of is that they were always flipping lineups about, but that has to deal with Jerry the Tinkerer. No one really knew there role in 2001 and it was probably a big distraction. Jose and Herbert playing 3rd and everyone wanting Crede there.

I remember my most memorable Milkman memory was him racing around the bases to score the winning run in that 14 inning win over the Cubs in 2000. (God that was a fun game to be at, especially with my dad who unfortunately is a Cubs fan...oh he was gloatin so much when Sammy hit that homer to tie the game...but I got the final laugh! :lol:

Hey cwsox...............

Herbert had to go early because of your boy , the plague, the cancer, the asshole, Royce K-layton. Valentin at SS was scarry, but it worked in 2000. Jose at 3rd was a joke. Once K-layton got here, Manuel had no idea how to fill out a csore card. It would have worked a lot better with Crede as the back up to Herbert for 1 year. imo.

Hey cwsox...............

Herbert had to go early because of your boy , the plague, the cancer, the asshole, Royce K-layton. Valentin at SS was scarry, but it worked in 2000. Jose at 3rd was a joke. Once K-layton got here, Manuel had no idea how to fill out a csore card. It would have worked a lot better with Crede as the back up to Herbert for 1 year. imo.

Just one more reason to hate Royce Clayton :angry:

I always liked Herbie, he is a class act. I wish he had stayed another season.

Hey cwsox...............

CredeFan, check this link:

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=59

here you join in blaming Clayton for problems on the boards.

Everything is Clayton's fault!

Hell, why go to war with Iraq? It is all Clayton's fault!

Clayton traded for Clayton, Clayton made out the line-ups, Clayton called all the shots.

On the other hand, for me, Royce is so 2002. This is 2003 and Clayton is ancient history.

Who's to say it wasnt his fault? The minute the jagoff got into town he started f***ing frank's ex-wife. And no one better try to give me that "well it's his "ex" wife". This is the same b**** who milked him for eveything she could , bashed him on tv, then f***ed his team mate. She was out there at comiskey in the stands, not to watch frank, but to watch royce k-layton. And Frank had to play the whole game knowing in teh back of his head that the woman who had his childeren was going home with his SS. the back stabbibng cancer that had a lot to do with this team goin in a downword spiral since say 1 that he got here. KW had a lot more to do with it.

Those are some of the reasons i'm glad he's gone.

:fyou royce!

I didnt know who Herbert was when he showed up but I must say he did a hell of a job! I wasnt that dissappointed when they traded him because he really stunk in 2001 (who didnt?) and because we had Crede coming. But if he ever wanted to come back hes certainly welcome.

As for Royce, I had heard he dated a teamates ex but I didnt know it was Franks ex. f*** Royce, that horny bastard...

Who's to say it wasnt his fault? The minute the jagoff got into town he started f***ing frank's ex-wife. And no one better try to give me that "well it's his "ex" wife". This is the same b**** who milked him for eveything she could , bashed him on tv, then f***ed his team mate.  She was out there at comiskey in the stands, not to watch frank, but to watch royce k-layton. And Frank had to play the whole game knowing in teh back of his head that the woman who had his childeren was going home with his SS. the back stabbibng cancer that had a lot to do with this team goin in a downword spiral since say 1 that he got here. KW had a lot more to do with it.

:fyou  royce!

Gee RPS... tell us how you really feel ;)

I have to say... I was soooo (kinda) glad you posted that. I never ever heard another person (outside the Sox) claim to know that information. I hated that MF'er the second we signed him and knew something bad was going to happen.

And it didn't stop there.. he was also screwing Frank's ex girlfriend LeAnne.

Who's to say it wasnt his fault? The minute the jagoff got into town he started f***ing frank's ex-wife. And no one better try to give me that "well it's his "ex" wife". This is the same b**** who milked him for eveything she could , bashed him on tv, then f***ed his team mate.  She was out there at comiskey in the stands, not to watch frank, but to watch royce k-layton. And Frank had to play the whole game knowing in teh back of his head that the woman who had his childeren was going home with his SS. the back stabbibng cancer that had a lot to do with this team goin in a downword spiral since say 1 that he got here. KW had a lot more to do with it.

:fyou  royce!

Gee RPS... tell us how you really feel ;)

I have to say... I was soooo (kinda) glad you posted that. I never ever heard another person (outside the Sox) claim to know that information. I hated that MF'er the second we signed him and knew something bad was going to happen.

And it didn't stop there.. he was also screwing Frank's ex girlfriend LeAnne.

His exwife and exgirlfriend?! Whats with that? Did he a grudge against Frank or something? Geez...