Royce Ring looked good

Chisoxfn

On TV for the Mets against the Dodgers. He got them in order and did a nice job moving the ball. Was throwing his fastball between 86-88.

Franco said he's probably the future closer.

He looked pretty smooth out there and no one even got close to hitting him hard.

Tell me again who we traded Ring, et al, for and why?

Rupe was the guy the Sox will miss, imo.

They traded them for a chance to win it all and on paper they had the best team in the AL, imo.

Unfortunately Manuel and the players failed.

They traded them for a chance to win it all and on paper they had the best team in the AL, imo.

I agree as well. Royce Ring is no great shakes. Fastball in the 86-88 range? BLAH! There are not many lefties that become good closers either. There are a few here and there such as Guardado and Franco, but it is rare. However, Rupe was a really good prospect. I didn't like to see him go.

I also believe the players and especially Manuel failed us last year. In my opinion we could have done a lot of damage last year if we could have just made the playoffs.

The problem is the players failed in April and May, forcing KW to be in a position to make that trade. If the Sox get off to a better start, deadline deals may not have been necessary.

I agree as well. Royce Ring is no great shakes. Fastball in the 86-88 range? BLAH! There are not many lefties that become good closers either. There are a few here and there such as Guardado and Franco, but it is rare. However, Rupe was a really good prospect. I didn't like to see him go.

I also believe the players and especially Manuel failed us last year. In my opinion we could have done a lot of damage last year if we could have just made the playoffs.

dont forget billy wagner ;)

this organization failed its fans from top to bottom...even man soo lee can share some of the blame :D

The problem is the players failed in April and May, forcing KW to be in a position to make that trade.  If  the Sox get off to a better start, deadline deals may not have been necessary.

I don't want to take any of the blame away from the players because they were so deserving of it but I have to give JM an equal share too. No way should a team start out a championship season as flat as the Sox did in KC. That and one good April/May in six seasons for JM is simply unacceptable, not with the firepower he had.

BeGood,

We traded Ray Durham for Jon Adkins. :wacko:

It's still hard to gauge Adkins' progress, since he was a one-pitch pitcher who was learning a change of pace pitch (and I assume he's still learning it). So far, his pitching hasn't been all that, but at least his diet has helped a lot of people. :P

BeGood,

We traded Ray Durham for Jon Adkins. :wacko:

It's still hard to gauge Adkins' progress, since he was a one-pitch pitcher who was learning a change of pace pitch (and I assume he's still learning it).  So far, his pitching hasn't been all that, but at least his diet has helped a lot of people.    :P

Thank you Pastime, also we traded Durham to the A's and he is now on the Giants ;) , see what researching does for me. :D . I do miss Durham though.

I don't want to take any of the blame away from the players because they were so deserving of it but I have to give JM an equal share too. No way should a team start out a championship season as flat as the Sox did in KC. That and one good April/May in six seasons for JM is simply unacceptable, not with the firepower he had.

I agree UNS.... I wasn't intending to exclude JM, I was just trying not to rehash exactly the same thing.

i dont mind giving up a junk ball reliever for a guy we keep one year...building a bullpen is the easiest part of any GM's job...you can get quality pitchers for under a million dollars..those guys are very replacable...

building a bullpen seems to be the one area KW excels in..shows you how easy it is :lol: