Down Goes Illinois

Some dickweed reporter just asked JJ Redick "Your defense made the Illini look horrible". JJ Redick countered with "They didn't look so horrible to me".

Dickhead reporters. :fyou

I think Reddick was just being a good sportman...Our defense was horrible. They did whatever they wanted offensively with very little resistence from our defense. Deron Williams and Luther head did absolutely nothing tonight. If one of those two had been on we still could've won the game. Duke has a lot of weapons. Deng is gonna be a f***in stud. I can't believe he's only a freshman. Oh well...Good year for the Illini. Hopefully we can take the next step next season... :headbang

I think Reddick was just being a good sportman...Our defense was horrible.  They did whatever they wanted offensively with very little resistence from our defense.  Deron Williams and Luther head did absolutely nothing tonight.  If one of those two had been on we still could've won the game.  Duke has a lot of weapons.  Deng is gonna be a f***in stud.  I can't believe he's only a freshman.  Oh well...Good year for the Illini.  Hopefully we can take the next step next season... :headbang

The only thing Deron Williams did that I didn't like were the stop and pull up jumpers that didn't fall. Those aren't his shots and he tried way too many. Coach K kept sending Deng out to the perimeter to help out the guards and that took away any outside game the Illini had. This wasn't a freaking blowout. Duke just had strength in numbers. And if you want to talk about a person that didn't do s***, it was Nick Smith. QUIT TAKING 25 FOOT JUMPERS!!!! :banghead

LOL...I try and block out the fact Nick Smith is on the team.  I'm not tryin to put the loss on Williams and Head.  But they did miss a number of wide open shots that could've made a big difference...

Duke took away the perimeter game. Neither Deron, Dee or Luther had too many open looks. You just gotta credit Duke for playing strong zone D. They knew if the Illini tried to beat them inside, Deng and Co. would stuff them. And they did. The Illini are gonna need a Marcus Griffin/Sergio McClain type player to contend next year. Augustine isn't big enough, Powell doesn't have the height, and Nick Smith needs to put on 45 f***ing pounds.

Duke took away the perimeter game.  Neither Deron, Dee or Luther had too many open looks.  You just gotta credit Duke for playing strong zone D.  They knew if the Illini tried to beat them inside, Deng and Co. would stuff them.  And they did. The Illini are gonna need a Marcus Griffin/Sergio McClain type player to contend next year.  Augustine isn't big enough, Powell doesn't have the height, and Nick Smith needs to put on 45 f***ing pounds.

I agree with what you're saying about Duke's defense. It was very good. I was just pointing out that when we did get open looks we didn't knock them down...If I remember correctly Nick Smith is a senior. So we won't have to worry about his sorry ass anymore. I've never liked him...

I agree with what you're saying about Duke's defense.  It was very good.  I was just pointing out that when we did get open looks we didn't knock them down...If I remember correctly Nick Smith is a senior.  So we won't have to worry about his sorry ass anymore.  I've never liked him...

I dont think hes a senior.

Hey Illini fans. You lost a tough ballgame tonight to a very very solid Duke team. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Illinois had a wonderful season, followed by a good run in the tournament. Hold your heads up, they'll be back.