****Breaking Sox News****

CSF

I just heard this on ESPN Radio 1000, and the details are somewhat sketchy, but I think I heard Bruce Levine say the Sox traded Matt Ginter to the Mets in return for Timo Perez. I'm not sure if anyone else was involved in the trade, but it looks like this trade has been completed.

More details to come.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's his line from last year.

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

2003 127 346 32 93 21 0 4 42 18 29 5 6 .269 .301 .364 .665

Huh, can't really complain about this, ginter was useless anyway.

I just heard this on ESPN Radio 1000, and the details are somewhat sketchy, but I think I heard Bruce Levine say the Sox traded Matt Ginter to the Mets in return for Timo Perez.  I'm not sure if anyone else was involved in the trade, but it looks like this trade has been completed.

More details to come.

I am wondering if he is going to compete for the CF spot or be our 4th OF. He plays a pretty damn good CF and has a strong arm. I watched him play a bit last year and he plays very shallow. He isnt much of a hitter, but very good defensively. I like him.

I am wondering if he is going to compete for the CF spot or be our 4th OF. He plays a pretty damn good CF and has a strong arm. I watched him play a bit last year and he plays very shallow. He isnt much of a hitter, but very good defensively. I like him.

Apparently, he'll be the 4th OF, and just be a backup option just in case. Rowand has earned this chance and they need to stick with him this time around.

Ok, this makes a whole lot more sense than the Uribe talk on the other thread. I can see this since if Bernard had been able to stay healthy he would've had the last spot anyhow. We're still light in utility IFers but maybe it's best to see if Dransfeldt can continue hitting in AAA, something he's never shown he could do before.

Ok, this makes a whole lot more sense than the Uribe talk on the other thread. I can see this since if Bernard had been able to stay healthy he would've had the last spot anyhow. We're still light in utility IFers but maybe it's best to see if Dransfeldt can continue hitting in AAA, something he's never shown he could do before.

Yeah. I really do like this deal if it is indeed true. We have an abundency of pitchers, and we did need a 25th man with more expierence seeing as we will probably already carry Borchard.

I like this move.

Ginter was gone, and Timo was prolly gone from the Mets, but he provides us with a solid OF off the bench.

Don't think this move can really hurt us.

*The best part of this is reading the Mets ESPN Message Board. Looks like the Speculation of Perez getting traded started really late last night/early this morning.

But they didn't know who he was getting traded for. All their speculation was Uribe or Harris... LOL, have fun with Ginter.

Check out their board for a laugh.

ESPN.com:  Timo Perez

Weird...I'm not sure what to really conclude about this trade.  We're not losing a whole lot by trading away Ginter, but I have trouble see what we're gaining.

We're gaining speed in the outfield,as mentioned earlier in this post.Also,Willie Harris and Juan Uribe won't be in center,so for that,I say,THANK GOD!!

Infielders playing the outfield is a pretty tricky thing. :fthecubs

Perez is the Mets' best all-around defensive outfielder. He owns above-average arm strength and good accuracy, enabling him to accumulate six outfield assists last year-second-best on the team. He plays one of the more shallow center fields in the game because of his speed and ability to read balls off the bat.

I like this trade much better than the one on the Mets board. Sheesh. Timo can help off the bench and has some good speed. He is also cheap I believe.

He made $312,000 last year, so I believe he you're right that he is a cheap solid backup. Does this affect Gload? Guillen seemed like he was pretty set on having the third catcher/backup third baseman in Burke. I like the move, but I'm a little confused to where the 25 man roster is, and what roles everyone will fill.

LMAO!!! From the Mutts board.

yeah, wait until they get a load of his yellow banana hammock in their locker room...he doesn't even know english, right? an alien who doesn't have much baseball knowledge that enjoys gallavanting about in his tighty whities...we really did them a favor

He made $312,000 last year, so I believe he you're right that he is a cheap solid backup. Does this affect Gload? Guillen seemed like he was pretty set on having the third catcher/backup third baseman in Burke. I like the move, but I'm a little confused to where the 25 man roster is, and what roles everyone will fill.

He is signed for $850,000 this season.