****Breaking Sox News****

CSF

I don't think you are reading that the same way I am.  I think they mean if he plays a lot, one of the other starters failed, probably Aaron.

I think everyone here knows if Rowand is playing like garbage, Joe Borchard is going to be on a plane to Chicago for sure.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if Ozzie is trying to make us like the Marlins of last year? A LOT of speed with Harris, Perez, Uribe, Rowand (and to a lesser extent Lee, Olivo, Magglio---10-20 SB capabilities).

Not a bad trade. We're not exactly gaining much, but we arent losing anything either. Timo's a reliable player and someone who can spell Rowand in CF other than Willie

That's what Ozzie said he wanted from day one. Which is why I've said since than, that the days of the Sox softball hitters is over.

Perez hits and throws left-handed and has spent all four of his Major League seasons with the Mets, posting a .276 career average with 18 home runs and 114 RBIs. His best season came in 2002, when Perez hit .295 in 444 at-bats with 27 doubles, six triples, eight home runs, 10 stolen bases and 47 RBIs.

I think this is a very solid pick-up. As you can see by his 2002 stats he can do a little bit of everything, to go along with the fact he's a solid defensive player who can play all 3 outfield positions...I'm still tryin to figure out who's in KW'S doghouse :huh

I hate the trade.

Ginter has a nice arm and is going to be a decent set up man down the road.

Timo is a reserve outfielder and nothing more. Outfielders are a dime a dozen.

The immediate reaction here in new york is that the Mets just made a nice deal.

I have watched Timo play alot, and I think we would have been better off signing a journeyman, rather than trading for Timo.

Ozzie himself refused to walk as a major league player

They trade for a player that refuses to walk.

So the idea is that they will work with him on plate patience, when it meant nothing to the manager when he was a player?

I have my doubts.

He doesn't walk much, but he doesn't strikeout much either. Like Randal Simon, he puts the ball in play.

The Mets hate everyone who play for them, because everyone who plays for them seems to preform like s***. So dont go by there reaction.

The forums I've read with Mets fans, they've sounded disappointed and thought they could get much more in return. One poster said it was move that eliminated his salary and that they will release Ginter. Obviously that is a stretch, but it is a general consensus that we came out on top.

The forums I've read with Mets fans, they've sounded disappointed and thought they could get much more in return. One poster said it was move that eliminated his salary and that they will release Ginter. Obviously that is a stretch, but it is a general consensus that we came out on top.

I feel we did come out on top. Not to mention he has WS expierence. People are looking past the fact we have alot of pitchers in the minors. We will be fine.

How many shots has Ginter had with us? Were we going to use him? Would he help us win this year? I think not, but I believe Timo fills a void, on several levels, that this team had. We have plenty of pitchers in the minors. This was a good deal.

I am not sure why people seem to feel the need to declare a winner in a trade. Whether we came out on top or not means squat. If a trade works for both clubs, then it is a great trade.

We filled a need and gave up a pitcher that was going to be in AAA and was behind others. Ginter may work out well for the Mets at some point, but the bottom line is, this trade helped the Sox now. Trading Ginter was not mortgaging the future.... trading a Kris Honel at this point, would be.