Roof top shots at old Comiskey

YASNY

Not to be too nostalgic, but home runs at old Comiskey were a thing to behold, especially when there was a big crowd.

The ball would smack off the upper deck facade and be really neat to see ... and hear.

I sure hope the Cell will become a better ballpark with the improvements.

Here's a question: Rank our ballpark with all others in the AL.

Where does our park stand?

Not to be too nostalgic, but home runs at old Comiskey were a thing to behold, especially when there was a big crowd.

The ball would smack off the upper deck facade and be really neat to see ... and hear.

I sure hope the Cell will become a better ballpark with the improvements.

Here's a question: Rank our ballpark with all others in the AL.

Where does our park stand?

Right in the middle.

Its better then: Oakland, Twins, Devil Rays, and Blue Jays

Its Similar To: Anaheim, maybe Kansas City (I have never been there), Yankee Stadium

Its Worse then: Cleveland, Comerica, Camden Yards, Safeco, Texas's Stadium, and I guess Fenway (Although I think it is one of the worse stadiums I've ever been too)

Thats just off the top of my head, so I may of missed a team.

I love it, simply because it houses our team. I never thought anything bad about it until why was in Chicago in 2001 attending a game against the Rangers. After the game, we turned on the postgame show, only to hear callers complain about the stadium. When I than though about it, There is nothing unique about the playing field, and it is like a cookie-cutter without the high seats in the outfield.

But too me, it's the best yard out there.

Good post Big Hurt.

It's wild that you didn't think anything about it being bad til you heard the radio complaints.

I have a good friend who goes to a lot of games who insists Sox Park is not bad at all.

He said he had wonderful seats in the low part of the upper deck.

He likes Cell park a lot.

I've seen a couple games there since I live in KC area now, but unfortunately for me I had to watch them

in the skyboxes on each occasion.

I have the plastic-ness of skyboxes. Put me in the stands of old Comiskey!

Oh man...there is a part of me that wishes I was born about 30 years ago rather than 15....so then I could be seeing some of these shots out of Old Comiskey and seeing what a beautiful park Old Comiskey was in person rather than in pictures(because from the pictures I've seen, it looks somewhat like the old Tiger Stadium, only greenish....and it was just beautiful all around...not much more I can say)....but the other part of me is glad that I was born just 15 years ago...because now I don't have to suffer the constant no World Series's....man, that has to be frustrating seeing how close and how good their teams have been in the past, only to fail later on. I hope we put on together here very soon....I want to witness one myself.

As far as farthest home run goes....for the Sox, it was Thomas's against the Twinkies last year....the new record or whatever, but from what I've heard, Chavez's was farther....the farthest homer I've ever seen though.....I don't know...I've seen a lot of damn homers and a lot of them go damn far. But Bonds's last year in the World Series was, simply put, massive.

Oh man...there is a part of me that wishes I was born about 30 years ago rather than 15....so then I could be seeing some of these shots out of Old Comiskey and seeing what a beautiful park Old Comiskey was in person rather than in pictures(because from the pictures I've seen, it looks somewhat like the old Tiger Stadium, only greenish....and it was just beautiful all around...not much more I can say)....but the other part of me is glad that I was born just 15 years ago...because now I don't have to suffer the constant no World Series's....man, that has to be frustrating seeing how close and how good their teams have been in the past, only to fail later on.  I hope we put on together here very soon....I want to witness one myself.

As far as farthest home run goes....for the Sox, it was Thomas's against the Twinkies last year....the new record or whatever, but from what I've heard, Chavez's was farther....the farthest homer I've ever seen though.....I don't know...I've seen a lot of damn homers and a lot of them go damn far.  But Bonds's last year in the World Series was, simply put, massive.

I'll tell you, old Comiskey was beautiful. I have felt that way since my father took me to my first ballgame as a kid. I never forget walking into that stadium from along the first base line, watching that field appear before my eyes... the stands, the scoreboard, the players... I was just awestruck. I really think I fell in love with baseball at that moment. I was hooked for life.

Oh man...there is a part of me that wishes I was born about 30 years ago rather than 15....so then I could be seeing some of these shots out of Old Comiskey and seeing what a beautiful park Old Comiskey was in person rather than in pictures(because from the pictures I've seen, it looks somewhat like the old Tiger Stadium, only greenish....and it was just beautiful all around...not much more I can say)....but the other part of me is glad that I was born just 15 years ago...because now I don't have to suffer the constant no World Series's....man, that has to be frustrating seeing how close and how good their teams have been in the past, only to fail later on.  I hope we put on together here very soon....I want to witness one myself.

As far as farthest home run goes....for the Sox, it was Thomas's against the Twinkies last year....the new record or whatever, but from what I've heard, Chavez's was farther....the farthest homer I've ever seen though.....I don't know...I've seen a lot of damn homers and a lot of them go damn far.  But Bonds's last year in the World Series was, simply put, massive.

I'll tell you, old Comiskey was beautiful. I have felt that way since my father took me to my first ballgame as a kid. I never forget walking into that stadium from along the first base line, watching that field appear before my eyes... the stands, the scoreboard, the players... I was just awestruck. I really think I fell in love with baseball at that moment. I was hooked for life.

what i remember most about old comiskey was infield practice..back then teams took infield everyday...the sox would take their infield right s the gates opened...when dad took me i the weekends i remember pulling him by the arm trying to hurry up to get to the field to see the start of infield..

a ground ball to SS would be thrown to first then over to 3rd, then to 2nd back to first then home...a 6-4-3 double would be turned then the throw would go to 3rd to 2nd to first then home...about halfway through this the catcher, after recieving a throw for the first baseman would then start throwing to third and then to 2nd and get a return throw...while these throws were going on a ball would be hit to the outfielder who would throw to the designated base then the throws would start all over again...it was always timed perfect so when the throw came in from the outfield the last throw was being made to the catcher..it was a thing of beauty

so then I could be seeing some of these shots out of Old Comiskey and seeing what a beautiful park Old Comiskey was in person rather than in pictures(because from the pictures I've seen, it looks somewhat like the old Tiger Stadium, only greenish

no comparison between Tiger Stadium and original Comiskey (and I have been to both plenty) - Comiskey was far more beautiful.

To walk into original Comiskey and the first time you spotted the playing field from the concourse - what a rush - that I will never forget, and it will never be duplicated.