Facts are FACTS

thecubster

that is so cool, if they could tattoo yellow and white well, that would be the new addition to the history of Sox logos I have  - perfect spot for it, but those colors don't tat at all well.

Thanks for the link!

You have Sox tattoos?

That's awesome; tell me what you have!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have left him around. My guess is we could have had him crying for his mommy in a couple days. I'm thinking we leave these guys around and edit the hell out of their posts until they get so pissed, they leave.

We could mess with their settings, all of a sudden give them a big pro sox avatar, a very nice signature, etc. Basically treat him like we do PA

Since divisional play began, the Cubs have been in the post season playoffs 4 times....the Sox 3

The Sox have not won a post season series since 1917

The Cubs won one last year.

The Cubs have won 10 pennants since 1900

The Sox have won 5

They both have won only 2 world series (The Sox having the dubious distinction of being the only team to ever throw one).

The Cubs all time record is 9667-9130 for a .515%

The Sox all time record is 8028-7878 for a .505%.

Sure seems to me the Cubs history may not be one of many championships,

but it CERTAINLY is MUCH better than the Sox.

So please, PLEASE have some idea what you are talking about before spewing your ignorant garbage out there for others to waste their time reading.

If you don't know what you are talking about, please keep your pie hole shut.

all stats verified by www.baseball-reference.com

Maybe this will be the year that that dominant Cub franchise posts back to back winning season for, what, the first time since the 1950s?

As for pennants, now factor in how many times the Sox finished 2nd to the Yankees

rooftop, you got the source of that quote in your sig?  Jean Shepherd perhaps or someone else?

Hiya doin CWSOX! First of all, hate to sound like a no-brainer, but not quite sure who Jean Shepherd is. As far as the sig quote goes, I wrote that not to sound like Mr. Rogers or anything, but because I have some really unique and incredible stories of some memories and mind-blowing incidences that took place that were built for me in the Old Comiskey. One that I wish I had time to share was with a friend who was handicapped and passed away a couple of years ago due to Kron's disease at 40 years old. I still haven't figured out why The Lord chooses to answer some prayers and not others, but I have a real mind-blower of a Definate and direct answer to one that happened with my friend at old Comiskey, one year before he passed away. If you're interested, I'll post it, but it is rather long which is why I haven't written it now. Also, my dad and I did not have a very good relationship, but the one place where we were a real father and son was at Old Comiskey, before he passed away 7 years ago. We had some great times and "cherished memories" that we always shared while he was still here.

Sorry if my sig sounds rather "Ozzie & Harriet-ness" but it is a fact, a lot of my best times and friendships and memories started and were built in The Old Comiskey. As a Die Hard Sox fan, I count it a real blessing for that to happen in such a great place at where I enjoyed being the most. As the Old Comiskey meaning so much to me, that's why I thought long and hard before putting that sig on the postings. I have die-hard Sox roots ingrained in me, and if I am to be a part of this board, I want to show that I belong, and that when it comes to ALL THE SOX FANS that post..................... I am one of you!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Hiya doin CWSOX! First of all, hate to sound like a no-brainer, but not quite sure who Jean Shepherd is. As far as the sig quote goes, I wrote that

you wrote it? It is great!

Jean Shepherd was great Sox fan and does the narration on white sox a video history

which you should buy because he has great Sox quotes in it, fantastic and great pic of history and Old Comiskey and it is rarely available so worth it at whatever price they are asking

Lot of other stuff in your post to talk about but not sure here -

Ecclesiastes reminds us of the total unfairness of life

memories are made at the ball park, no matter whata relationship, a shared ball game is usually the best memoy one can have - that is why I bring the kid as often as I can, and see my friends there all season - going to USCF keeps us together as we should be rather than just doing the wedding and funeral thing

you wrote it?  It is great!

Jean Shepherd was great Sox fan and does the narration on white sox a video history

which you should buy because he has great Sox quotes in it, fantastic and great pic of history and Old Comiskey and it is rarely available so worth it at whatever price they are asking

It is in my future plans to obtain that video. Wife recently lost her job, have a huge mortgage, so it will be on hold for a while. Last year on E-bay, I did purchase a home video made by someone who took his camera and went all over, inside and out around Old Comiskey and narrated it as he went along. Also has footage of :crying :crying :crying :crying Old Comiskey being torn down, and new one being built. The visual History that you mentioned "WILL" be in my library in the near future!!! Thanks!!!!

Man..................I Miss That Place!!!!!!!!!!!

and rooftop, pm that one to me if you decide not to post it, please, I'd love to read it

OK Here we go. (Sorry to all Sox fans for taking up space, but if you want to read a moving story........Read On)

I used to know an old man who had golden box Sox tics right on top of the first base about 20 rows up. He would sell me any 4 dates that I wanted. My friend Rick, who I met at my job, got some bad raps in life. When he was a kid, his brother accidently poked his eye out with a halloween mask. Later, part of his thumb got blown off with a quick-wicked cherry-bomb. About 7 years after he got his job with me in a box factory, he acquired Kron's and Addisons disease. Through losing so much time because of his illnesses, he lost his job.

This guy was in the hospital soooooooooooooo much with many operations and countless bodyparts removed(intestine,colon stc....) During his colon operation the doctor tied down his legs in stirrups too long and too tight, permanently damaging the nerves in his legs so he wasn't able to walk more than 5 minutes at a time because of the intense pain. Sued.........and through lawyer wordability,and craftiness, he LOST the case!!!

Had to give you the background to get to the point. 2 years in a row we could not go to a game together because each time (4 each year) he wound up in the hospital before each game. (I had a parking pass for each one so as to aid in his walking problem.)

Finally next year comes. I get my 4 games and tell Rick. 2 weeks before the Detroit game, Rick says he feels well. Looks like we are going to make it. The day before the game, Rick is feeling Great! I said "Praise God!!!!" Now it's Game day!!!! It is POURING OUT IMMENSELY. From the time I woke up for work, all the way until 3:00pm when I get off, with NO LETTING UP. I sat on my couch, turned on channel 7,5 and the weather channel. All said same thing. Continuous rain throughout the evening. I sat down and almost cried!!! Even though I fail through example sometimes, I am a born-again Christian, and I didn't know what else to do than to call to God. I said" Lord, I don't mean for you to stop the world for one guy, but if anyone deserves a break, Rick does. He really has been through hell in his life. If you don't answer this, I will accept Your will, though it will be hard, and no doubt, it will hurt. I don't care about losing the money for the tickets, I just would like for Rick to be able to get out of the house and have a nice time!!! If You could see it to happen, I ask for Your help with this rain problem, (regardless of what the weathermen said)! I call Rick who is Extremely Bummed. After talking for a while, I said"What the heck Rick, let's go anyway. Maybe we can grab a couple of "tube-Steaks" and a coke, yak for a while, and hopefully a drizzle will come, and somehow the game will go on. If not, at least we can spend some time together and have a few laughs" We go and on the way there.....it starts raining even harder. We get to Comiskey about 5:30. We have our hotdogs, and yak. It is now 6:50. "well Rick.... let's what's happeneing". As we are walking out from the tunnel and to our seats, I get blown away!!!!!!!!!!!"IT STOPS RAINING!!!!" Thank------ You------ Lord!!!! Game starts! Third inning, foul ball comes toward us. I dive into the vacant seats for it. Couldn't find it!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

4th inning.... Get this......Ron Karkovice tries to steal second!!! Try and picture that if you can!!!!It was so ridiculous!!! Rick was laughing so hard, he was crying. Man, what a sight watching him trying to steal second. 6th inning, another foul ball in the same place as the last, "4 ROWS DOWN FROM US!!!!!!:" I fly down after it, COULDN"T FIND IT AGAIN!!!!!

Double AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Crowd walks away. Now I am furiously dissapointed! That changes IMMEDIATELY!!!! Why? As I WALK UP to my seat, Rick has the ball in his hand!!!! "How the heck did you get that when it was 4 rows down???" Tom..... it was wierd, the ball got knocked up the stairs, hit a chair leg and rolled right to me. All I did was bend over and pick it up!!!" I looked up into the sky, and the hairs on my arms stood on end as I was definately in awe!!! I felt a presence of God with thankfulness toward Him that I still cannot explain. Rick said, "Tom, if you want the ball that bad , youi can have it!" I said, "Believe me Rick, it's not the ball!!!" I told him about my request to God, and how awesruck I was at not only the rain situation that was taken care of, but the added bonuses of the ball and Karko's steal as well. (For all who read this, No I don't think of God as some sort of servant magician to cater to me whatever I bring to Him. I do serve and worship Him no matter what...good, bad, answered prayer, as well as silence from Him. We are called to pray, not only for requests, but to show thanks and praise as well. Why he answers sometimes, and then sometimes not, I still haven't figured it out. Maybe because He not only knows what is for our good, but also, if we only love someone because they give us what we want anytime we want it, does that mean we really love them?) Anyway, the game went 13 innings and NOT ONE DROP OF RAIN!

When Rick passed away, I told his parents about that day, and they were saddened with joy. I was hoping to get the ball in commemoration of that day, but it never worked out. Through all of Ricks illnesses and trials, he had a great sense of humor, and was fun to be with. In case you're wondering, Rick also accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, and I know in my heart of hearts, that that is who he is with now eternally!!! I hope that all who read this may do the same and someday secure your place in heaven as well!

I have many stories relating to my times at old Comiskey, but nothing tops this one.

Now you all know a small history of me as well as why I wrote what I did on my sig.

Sorry for the length of this! Hope it was worth your time to read it. Man, how I loved Old Comiskey!!! The memories are "PRICELESS!!!!"

By the way, maybe I'm not supposed to, but yes, I still hate the Cubs, and forever probably will!!!)

Wow. Many thanks for sharing such a deep and personal story.

I have a family friend who's story is roughly parallel to your friend Rick's. Different mysteries of the organism, but again just WAAAY too much to heap on any one person, and such a marvelously beautiful person at that. He's still fighting every day, despite being an effective quad and racking up $2 mil in uncovered medical expenses as of this writing. I look at him and I shrink to nothing inside knowing I could never ever deal with the s*** he has been dealt. And somehow, he does it with grace and dignity and it is phenomenally unfair...

:drink Rick. :drink Charles.