The OFFICIAL Opening Day GAME THREAD!

southsider2k5

Hopefully Ozzie learned something today ...

POLITTE IS NOT A F'G CLOSER!

Sometimes it's not the score of the game that dictates who should start the 9th.

Sometimes it's the lineup you're about to face that should dictate that.

STATS ARE NOT FOR DECORATION!

KC vs Koch : 844 OPS

KC vs Marte: 843 OPS

KC vs Politt:  1042 OPS

KC vs Adkins:  449 OPS

KC vs Jackson: 509 OPS (55 AB's!)

KC vs Cotts: N/A

KC vs Takatsu: N/A

Now here's my F'g point!

KC has past success against Koch, Marte, & Politte. 

When I say KC I mean their CURRENT F'g LINEUP!

You were able to get thru 1 IP with Politte.  Good job.  It was risky but he had such

a good ST that it was worth the call.  Don't F'g BRING him back for another IP!

You've got a veteran that has been very successful against that lineup in Jackson.

Yes he's a year off, but so what! 

You've got 2 guys that KC has NEVER faced.  & You've got Adkins that's done a good job (albeit facing only 12 batters on KC in his lifetime).

What Ozzie should have done:

Cotts to start the 9th.  The guy is pegged as a starter any ways! 

Cotts lets 2 ON, bring in Takatsu.  See what he can do with a 4 RUN LEAD!

Takatsu gives up a run or two bring in Adkins.

Adkins gets pegged then go to Marte.

PLAY THE F'G %'s WHEN YOU ARE FACING A LINEUP AS LETHAL AS KC'S!

This loss is being pegged on Ozzie. 

I'm sorry but that's the reality of this debacle.

I agree there are three things I would have changed.

1) Put in Olivo as a defensive replacement.

2) Don't let Politte come back out. He pitched his inning and a third and did a nice job.

3) I actually would have kept koch in to pitch to matt Stairs. Believe it or not. I saw the way Marte ended spring training and he got rocked. Soemthing is not right with him right now.

Its almost as if Ozzie panicked at the end. You were two outs away from winning the game 7-4. This has stick with them and they will now be looking over there shoulder when they have a lead in the ninth.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3) I actually would have kept koch in to pitch to matt Stairs. Believe it or not. I saw the way Marte ended spring training and he got rocked. Soemthing is not right with him right now.

Yea, and what if Koch gave up a HR to Stairs? You probably would have said put Marte in to face which ever batter. Even if Marte got rocked it's in SPRING TRAINING!! That decision by Ozzie could had gone eigher way. I'm actually happy our lost came from Marte because he is our best reliever. It would had been even worse if we lost because of Adkins or Jackson giving up a bomb He was just off today.

Exactly. Its hard to second guess the manager when he brings in your best pitcher to try and close out the game, and doesnt get it done.

I watched Baseball Tonight, and Kruk made spme pretty good points. He said how he is pretty good freinds with Ozzie, and he could tell that Ozzie was nervous just like a rookie playing in his first game. He hasnt had trust in Koch since he was named manager, and he put him on to short of a leash.

I also have to agree with Kruk when he says this could be VERY Bad for Koch, cause it screws with his head now. Koch has NO CLUE, NONE, about what his role is on this team. The entire spring Oz has said Koch is this teams closer. Its 7-4 in the bottom of the ninth, Koch gets a strike out, and he is pulled. What is he supposed to think??? If you want to have a shot at buliding up Koch's confidence, you got to let him go.

Obvioulsy its easy to say that now, cause we saw what happened, but Kruk is 100% right.

i agree..koch is probably gonna be a head case now, ozzie shoulda let him finish and gain some confidence, but instead he's left with this.

I blame the pitchers, not Oz.

Mark B did the job; the rest sucked pure and simple.

They are KW's players; Oz just put them in.

I respect your arguments, they were interesting, especially

the OB percentages,but I disagree.

I think the players (pitchers) deserve this loss.

p.s. I think Stairs would have hit Koch's pitch all the way to Mars.

Take it easy people... sheesh.... its just one game. Yes, it sucks major ass the bull pen blew it. If you think this will be the only time this year, I'm sorry to tell you it won't be. At least the offense was there. Last year they were sleeping. Marte was floating pitches up there. Oz should have yanked him once he gave up the first homer. Oz screwed this game plain and simple. You had to know it would happen with his inexperience and all. It will start over again Weds. Lets hope the Sox can win this next one.

Take it easy people... sheesh.... its just one game. Yes, it sucks major ass the bull pen blew it. If you think this will be the only time this year, I'm sorry to tell you it won't be. At least the offense was there. Last year they were sleeping. Marte was floating pitches up there. Oz should have yanked him once he gave up the first homer. Oz screwed this game plain and simple. You had to know it would happen with his inexperience and all. It will start over again Weds. Lets hope the Sox can win this next one.

i think you can blame any one you want and keep making exuses but its just one loss. its baseball you dont win every game...lets just hope the sox dont dwell on this one for awhile.