Top of the Line-up

Gene Honda Civic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kata is a better hitter than Robbie at this point and he might improve as young hitters a sometimes do.   

Robbie is such an after-thought, it's not even funny.   

Which is why Sox should pursue him if Roberts doesn't work out. Throw Zona a prospect and they might pick up part of his salary.

The ballpark at Arizona is arguably the most hitter-friendly park in the majors outside of Coors Field.

People think that we should go after Spivey or Kata? :nono

Also, I've noticed that a gang of Orioles hovered around .300 last year. Guys like Roberts, Bigbe, Matos, etc. It's because of that ballpark, no?

You think that we should have gone after Roberts? :nono

We should have kept Miles.

hear Timo Perez is in the lineup today, playing center over Rowand

What has that f*** done do deserve a start over rowand...

Here'swhat I wrote in another thread about his lone AB yesterday.

the Timo Perez AB was terrible... Actually I don't so much remember the AB -- It could have been a 25 pitch struggle(although I know it wasn't) -- He hit a Sharp? combacker to vasquez... He took a few steps down the first, trotting, with his batt in hand... Never made it to first, Never dropped the bat.

It was his first action of the season and as far as I'm concerned it should be his last... If ozzie is going to do all he said he was goin to do, Timo should have been ripped a new asshole in between innings and Gload should have headed out to the field.

The ballpark at Arizona is arguably the most hitter-friendly park in the majors outside of Coors Field.

People think that we should go after Spivey or Kata?  :nono

Also, I've noticed that a gang of Orioles hovered around .300 last year.  Guys like Roberts, Bigbe, Matos, etc.  It's because of that ballpark, no?

You think that we should have gone after Roberts? :nono

We should have kept Miles.

How much do you think Arizona adds when you're talking about hitters like Kata and Roberts who don't hit for a lot of power?

Check their road numbers.

Finally....USCF is, believe it or not, a HITTER'S park.

Miles is garbage.

Who else are you going to put there?

You've got to put your faster starter at #1. It's an unwritten rule.

So that's either Miguel Olivo or Wille Harris. Pick one.

You've got to put your 2nd fastest starter at #2. It's an unwritten rule.

So that's either Jose Valentin or Aaron Rowand. Pick one.

My picks:

Miguel Olivo

Aaron Rowand

You've got to put your faster starter at #1. It's an unwritten rule.

The unwritten rule is he has to get on base first, preferrably after a 7-8+ pitch atbat during which batter on deck can time the ball.

I don't care about his speed -- he still needs a 330 OBP.

Roberts should have been a Sox yesterday.

How much do you think Arizona adds when you're talking about hitters like Kata and Roberts who don't hit for a lot of power?

So you're saying that good hitters' parks only help out power hitters? Not true. An out at USCF could be a double at Arizona (thin air), just out of the outfielder's reach.

And to say that Kata hit a wall last year would be like the understatement of the week.

And how can you say that Miles is garbage when he led the IL in hitting?

You can't ignore the fact that all of these Baltimore Orioles scrubs hit .300 last year, or close to it.

All I'm saying is that we might as well keep Willie if these are the options that are out there. Hairston might work out, though, but he's always injured.

USCF is a good hitters' park? It's much better than it used to be, as we've moved the fences in, but I don't buy into the "BIG TIME" hitters' park theory, as we're right on top of Lake Michigan. That's wind generation like none other.

So you're saying that good hitters' parks only help out power hitters?  Not true.  An out at USCF could be a double at Arizona (thin air), just out of the outfielder's reach. 

And to say that Kata hit a wall last year would be like the understatement of the week.

And how can you say that Miles is garbage when he led the IL in hitting?

You can't ignore the fact that all of these Baltimore Orioles scrubs hit .300 last year, or close to it.

All I'm saying is that we might as well keep Willie if these are the options that are out there.  Hairston might work out, though, but he's always injured.

USCF is a good hitters' park?  It's much better than it used to be, as we've moved the fences in,  but I don't buy into the "BIG TIME" hitters' park theory, as we're right on top of Lake Michigan.  That's wind generation like none other.

Listen, check out Park Factors, this is getting ridiculous.

So he hit a wall, big deal. He's been mashing the ball this Spring and has the make-up of a good hitter. Compared to Harris, he is Todd Helton.

I've seen him play -- average stick (by ML standards), bad baserunner and terrible fielder. No thanks.

It's hilarious the way you're referring to Mora and Roberts as scrubs even though they have actual ML talent while singing praises to a nobody like Miles. HSC much?

Willie Harris has a career ML obp of 255 and he hadly faced any LHP, something that shuold fiurther dilute his numbers. I would take Royce Clayton at this point at 2B. It's that bad.

Again, the difference between USCF and BOB is not as big as you think. If you think a 250 hitter is going to hit 300 in Zona, you're sadly mistaken.

Listen, check out Park Factors, this is getting ridiculous. 

It's hilarious the way you're referring to Mora and Roberts as scrubs even though they have actual ML talent while singing praises to a nobody like Miles. HSC much?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I have all 30,000 baseball fantasy magazines that came out this year. I've seen all of the park factors. That was just one example as to why a hitter would hit for a better average in Arizona. I'm not sure as to why the discussion is becoming ridiculous?

Certainly not as ridiculous as your anti-Rooney rant, though.

Maybe you should change your username to FredoFan. Brando is one calm and collective individual. That's not you.

By the way, Kata sucks. Deal with that, FredoFan :finger