Attendance was only 11,000 today!!

maggsmaggs

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the NY games are night games next week, so hopefully the weather holds up.  If so, you can expect a pretty packed house for that series.

im on vacation that next week, and im going to as many sox games as i can...not that anybody cares, but i just felt like saying something :)

We need to fill the seats for good mid-season moves and the future.  Maybe just because it's Arpril and day games, attendance is low; but, hopefully when the night games start, the attendance will pick up.  Any thoughts?

i dont understand why they have so many day games, how mnay people can tell there bosses they cant go to work today, because i have to go to the sox games. day games should be for weekends.

CubKilla id that person-

saw him opening day with Mike and Guido - really great guys all of them

Guido :lol: :lolhitting

Evertime I hear somebody called that name I think of the stereotypical Italian:

021.png

Short, high pitched voice, obsessed with restoring family values and showcasing the Italian flag on every item of cloting.

I'm part Italian so I'm allowed to say it!

Guido  :lol:  :lolhitting

021.png

Short, high pitched voice, obsessed with restoring family values and showcasing the Italian flag on every item of cloting.

Looks more like Joey batters.

021.png

oh be careful of the phrase "stereotypical Italian" even if you are part Italian, paisan!

I was arguing with some old Italian relatives of my friend Luigi, his relatives being from southern Italy, about where my grandfather is from, Brindisi di Montagne, they said they never heard of it so it didn't exist, I got out the map and showed them it was 50 miles from where they were from and was just about to give my opinion of their education when someone remined me their last name was Spilotro so I said, "ah, to me, I know; you believe as you wish" and left still alive :lol: :lol: :lol:

but they were were dumb f***s

021.png

f*** all u guys!

italian power b****!

11K is inexcusable either way.

15K is pretty bad as well.

Weather was ok. Team is good. Park is better than ever. Rival in town. Still some of the cheapest tickets in the majors.

We know Reiny is not gonna spend 75-80+ Mill if Sox can't draw 3 Mill.

The equestions is: just WHAT would it take to get 3 Mill Sox fans through the turnstiles at this point?

Weather was ok. Team is good. Park is better than ever. Rival in town. Still  some of the cheapest tickets in the majors. 

The equestions is:  just WHAT would it take to get 3 Mill Sox fans through the turnstiles at this point?

Brando.. did you have a good time at the park the past 2 days..??? ;)

CubKilla is that person-

saw him opening day with Mike and Guido - really great guys all of them

Agreed. I went drinking with them a couple of times when I've been home and had a blast both times. Should be going a couple of more times with them during May when I'm home. Looking forward to it too. :cheers :cheers :cheers

The bigger question of course still stands:

High quality FA's, better marketing, 1st place throughout most of the year, advancement past first round of playoffs, and most importantly the yuppification of the surrounding neighborhoods. There's too many bad stereotypes facing this organization and its location in Chicago.

Weather was ok. Team is good. Park is better than ever. Rival in town. Still  some of the cheapest tickets in the majors. 

The equestions is:  just WHAT would it take to get 3 Mill Sox fans through the turnstiles at this point?

people work, kids have school, :headshake

And i went to 2 games this week, so I'm doing my part, ;)

High quality FA's, better marketing, 1st place throughout most of the year, advancement past first round of playoffs, and most importantly the yuppification of the surrounding neighborhoods.  There's too many bad stereotypes facing this organization and its location in Chicago.

That's a good start, Flash, nice ideas.

Yea.. good ideas. However we've been "told" that they aren't going to spend $$ unless the fans come out.

So, Brando.. you have a good time out at the park supporting your team this week...?

Its only inexcusible for others not to be out there.

Most of the people that cry the loudest about attendance never go themselves.