Attendance was only 11,000 today!!

maggsmaggs

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to fill the seats for good mid-season moves and the future.  Maybe just because it's Arpril and day games, attendance is low; but, hopefully when the night games start, the attendance will pick up.  Any thoughts?

I have a thought. Sox fans actually have jobs to go to and cant make it to day games.

I have a thought. Sox fans actually have jobs to go to and cant make it to day games.

Exactly! Everytime i go to a Sox game i have to make a sacrifice, whether is from work or school. Most people cannot afford to make any sacrifices just to go to a ball game. I like when the park isnt too packed anyways. That way i can sneak from the upper deck, all the way down to the front row next to our bullpen. Front row seats for 12 dollars rocks. :headbang

with a little research you'll find that the first non-weekend, non-half-price game the sox played yielded only 9,882 in attendance... It's not the best time of year to go out to the ballpark... The next game was just over 10,000

If the sox pull off the sweep, then take 2 from a decent TB team in Tampa, they'll come home to a packed house to play the Bronx Bombers... The first of which is a half price night... If they are able to sign maggs in the interim, and get some favorable weather, look for a really strong series attendance wise....

Also we haven't played any weekend games yet... Those numbers add up...

Every reason has already been mentioned on why it was so low today. The yankees games next week will be packed no matter how the sox do the rest of the week, so no need to worry that much about attendance. You can really start to judge how we're doing with attendance when summer starts.

I wish I could find someone to drive me to the game tommorow, I get my license in July, so that's cool  :headbang .  But I want to go to the game tommorow and bring a broom, but I dont have a ride, both of my parents are working... :crying  :crying  :crying

Cant take the train? I find it very convienient, as soon as you get off at sox/35th, you will be bombarded with scalpers willing to sell you good seats at crazy cheap prices, you can use the rest of your left over money on those terriffic kosher hot dogs.

Every reason has already been mentioned on why it was so low today.  The yankees games next week will be packed no matter how the sox do the rest of the week, so no need to worry that much about attendance.  You can really start to judge how we're doing with attendance when summer starts.

The Yankees have 8 million+ people to draw from to reach 45,000 fans. The Sox have about 1 million+, since Chicago is a f***in Cubs town.

Cant take the train?  I find it very convienient, as soon as you get off at sox/35th, you will be bombarded with scalpers willing to sell you good seats at crazy cheap prices, you can use the rest of your left over money on those terriffic kosher hot dogs.

I think my parents would be worried the whole day if I took the train, that's why I dont think that's a possibility.

Cant take the train?  I find it very convienient, as soon as you get off at sox/35th, you will be bombarded with scalpers willing to sell you good seats at crazy cheap prices, you can use the rest of your left over money on those terriffic kosher hot dogs.

Yeah that... I sat in the first row last season for $10... Crede flipped me a foul ball... I gave it to my date(who was against me buying tix froma guy on the street, Until about the third inning when she's like "these are really good seats")