Frank's Real Problem

Texsox

Yesterday Maggs nails the game winner from the #3 spot in the lineup. Who has been the holder of that spot for the last decade? Frank.

While everyone was mobbing Maggs, I think Frank was hearing

The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

We may have watched the passing of the torch in more ways than one. I only hope Mags is around here to carry it as well as Frank has.

Yesterday Maggs nails the game winner from the #3 spot in the lineup. Who has been the holder of that spot for the last decade? Frank.

We may have watched the passing of the torch in more ways than one. I only hope Mags is around here to carry it as well as Frank has.

This is defenitely Magglio's team and will be for the next 5 years if Reinsey does the right thing and locks him up.

If you see the replay, Frank was the first one out there to congratulate Magglio. Frank was all smiles.

Frank is being a VERY stand-up-guy re. the passing of the torch!

:notworthy Frank :notworthy

You want to know what's Frank problem is?

Letting hanging-slider-in-the-middle-of-the-plate go by for strike 1 -- that's his "problem".

Being the only super-strong slugger in baseball who's no longer using RF-RCF -- a real problem, that.

You want to know what's Frank problem is?

Letting hanging-slider-in-the-middle-of-the-plate go by for strike 1 -- that's his "problem".   

Being the only super-strong slugger in baseball who's no longer using RF-RCF --  a real problem, that.

"I dont care about singles and doubles, all I care about is hitting Homeruns."

That was Skirt last August. That says a lot. I'd expect some nonsense like that from Sham-me not a Sox player.

He needs to go back to what made him a dangerous hitter back 10 years ago and go to all fields. These last few years he has closed off right and RC field and it's hurting his average big time. He's not gonna hit 300 again unless he goes back to that.

"I dont care about singles and doubles,  all I care about is hitting Homeruns."

That was Skirt last August.  That says a lot.  I'd expect some nonsense like that from Sham-me not a Sox player. 

Nuke, notice how that statement was said "last year." That was also the Jerry "I fall alseep in the dugout" Manuel era. Were in a new year, a new era, and a new attitude from frank. The man gives up his 3 spot to Maggs. That yet alone shows me were seeing a change in him as a person and as a player.

Nuke, notice how that statement was said "last year." That was also the Jerry "I fall alseep in the dugout" Manuel era. Were in a new year, a new era, and a new attitude from frank. The man gives up his 3 spot to Maggs. That yet alone shows me were seeing a change in him as a person and as a player.

Has he changed really? I dont think so.

He gave up the 3 slot back when he went on the DL back in '01 & hasn't batted there since.

What Frank doesn't realize is that with 2-strikes on him, a blooping single to RF is a wholalot better than a towering pop-up on a pitcher's pitch to LF.

In any given at bat:

A single = 2000 OPS

An out = zero OPS

High OPS = leverage to negotiate whatever "respect" he is looking for.

Jreed's right on this subject right now. That all was said last year. Frank seems to be the Frank of old in 2004. Do we already forget how well things went over with Frank and the rest of the gang in ST? I really don't see anything in these first two weeks to say that everything from ST hasn't carried over.

Thomas's OBP of .419 is 17th in the league, and his 10 walks are 4th. If he's hitting anything more then .260, his OBP is .430-.450, and his OPS is hovering .950-1.000. If he's hitting .280, his OBP is .450-.470, and his OPS is right around 1.000-1.050.

Frank is a notoriously slow starter, but the fact that he is doing everything he can to help the team win is good to see. Getting on base does help BTW.

Thomas's OBP of .419 is 17th in the league, and his 10 walks are 4th.  If he's hitting anything more then .260, his OBP is .430-.450, and his OPS is hovering .950-1.000.  If he's hitting .280, his OBP is .450-.470, and his OPS is right around 1.000-1.050.

Frank is a notoriously slow starter, but the fact that he is doing everything he can to help the team win is good to see.  Getting on base does help BTW.

Right on the money.