Paintballing

Wise Master Buehrle

Fads, we've all gone through them. Here's another one, but this one happens to be unique. The way it is unique is because it is expensive. It's too bad so many people I know have fallen victim to this one. They say it's fun because of the commando warfare type effect. Hell, I can simulate that just as good, grab a few friends and some damn squirt guns and your set. It's just as fun, for a few reasons:

1. A million times cheaper. Water is free, paintballs are not.

2. Not messy (unless you're a loser who freaks out when getting wet)

3. Doesn't hurt. Seriously, let's shoot some little balls filled with paint and get welts so we can look like badasses. Bah, you might as well grab some pistols and go play in a forest.

And then "upgrading". What the hell are you upgrading? "Oh, I'm gonna spend another 200 dollars so my gun can shoot a paintball at another 1 foot per second and so I can have a scope!" I just grin and know that my limited budget isn't being spent so foolishly.

I'm probably just ranting because I'm sick of my friends just doing this, and me refusing to spend my money on this s***. :puke

Agreed, too many of my friends have gotten into this, i mean REALLY into this, spending hundreds of dollars on all this crap. I've gone with them a few times, yeah it's fun, but not THAT fun. Hell, give the money to me, i'll go to a few more sox games this year.

Agreed, too many of my friends have gotten into this, i mean REALLY into this, spending hundreds of dollars on all this crap.  I've gone with them a few times, yeah it's fun, but not THAT fun.  Hell, give the money to me, i'll go to a few more sox games this year.

I agree.

It's like anything else; when done in moderation it can be a lot of fun, but when done in excess, it becomes an obsession/addiction.

Fads, we've all gone through them. Here's another one, but this one happens to be unique. The way it is unique is because it is expensive. It's too bad so many people I know have fallen victim to this one. They say it's fun because of the commando warfare type effect. Hell, I can simulate that just as good, grab a few friends and some damn squirt guns and your set. It's just as fun, for a few reasons:

1. A million times cheaper. Water is free, paintballs are not.

2. Not messy (unless you're a loser who freaks out when getting wet)

3. Doesn't hurt. Seriously, let's shoot some little balls filled with paint and get welts so we can look like badasses. Bah, you might as well grab some pistols and go play in a forest.

And then "upgrading". What the hell are you upgrading? "Oh, I'm gonna spend another 200 dollars so my gun can shoot a paintball at another 1 foot per second and so I can have a scope!" I just grin and know that my limited budget isn't being spent so foolishly.

I'm probably just ranting because I'm sick of my friends just doing this, and me refusing to spend my money on this s***.  :puke

I don't know man. I'm not like SUPER into this (don't own a gun or anything) but spending 30 bucks like once a year is twice as fun as (hellboy, the alamo, etc) I saw a bunch of crap movies so far this year and for the same amount of money and time (if you play all day), you can have some fun stories. and TRUST ME...being sprayed with water isn't a tenth the level of scary as having semi-hard spheres flying past your head...(ask texsox)

paintball can be fun if done the right way. we've done youth group events that the church subsidizes most of the cost and the kids end up only bringing a lunch and paying $10 bucks for the day. It's ALOT of fun to play "shoot the pastor".

anyway, I know what you mean by the kids who spend too much money on it. I've seen people with like backpacks of co2 and automatic machine gun-like guns. LAME.

to each his own.

The best game to play when you're little is War.

You set up all the s*** you can find in your basement into 2 bases. Couches, chairs, boxes, blankets, tv stands, whatever. Then you find every nerf weapon, tennis ball, plastic grenade, plastic knife, and other small throwable toy you have.

War ends when someone is significantly injured by an object.

I've went once and it was only because it was one of my friends birthday party. I didn't have to pay but was amazed at how much money it was. Never been back since. I got hit on the head twice and the throat once. Damn did the one on the throat hurt like hell. I could barely breathe. At least I didn't get hit in the balls.

I felt the same way when all my friends took up golf.

Yeah all my friends are die hard golf now. Some of them got season passes and have to play 57 rounds just to get their moneys worth. I have only gone twice this year because I just don't enjoy it the way most people do.

Only sport I do thats expensive is snowboarding. So when it comes to me, I'd rather go to the mountains then go paintballing.

s***, water wars were the best though. We'd go crazy on my block when I was a kid. We had allies and s***, and built forts...it was CRAZY.

The best game to play when you're little is War.

You set up all the s*** you can find in your basement into 2 bases.  Couches, chairs, boxes, blankets, tv stands, whatever. Then you find every nerf weapon, tennis ball, plastic grenade, plastic knife, and other small throwable toy you have.

War ends when someone is significantly injured by an object.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I need the luxury of unlimited shots.  Paying per shot makes you more concious about it and less fun I found.

It that your brand of choice? I wish I would've stocked up on some of the laser traps, and not waste my money on that s***ty "PRO" equipment.

ME

:dips***