any word on Frank yet?

cwsox

ya know NUKE, batting average really doesnt mean a heckuva lot. If you're batting .243 like frank and got a .451 OBP like frank, that more than evens out because on base equals run production and thats the key to winning. ie: frank = winning

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once again... me = an ignoramus... whats day to day mean?

someone shead some light on my moronism

To touch on a few subjects...

Day-to-day usually means you are out just a couple days, and the injury is very minor, but inhibits you from playing(if you have the flu, and it is so bad that you cannot perform on the baseball diamond, you are day-to-day). Day-to-day is usually brought up when the player is injured, but is not injured enough to go on the DL.

I'd let Frank sit out either the whole Yankees series or maybe this whole week and let him watch the Yanks and DRays play the Sox. As has been said, you do not want to rush him and let him reaggrivate this. IIRC, a hamstring injury pretty much took out Jose Valentin's 2001 season, and in 2002, a hamstring injury slowed Lofton down to a halt for about a week or two. It's an injury that can linger, so let him get healed up. I know he just DH's, but he is a key to the Sox success this year.

And I wouldn't mind bringing McGriff in. Let him get his 500th homer here. At the moment, I believe we have 12 pitchers on the team...at some point, we should go down to 11 pitchers, and that's when McGriff becomes effective. He can play a little 1B, and he has a pretty good bat. He's making maybe $500,000, and I believe is playing for Durham. It's a low-risk, high-reward type of move. If he can give us just a little more power off the bench, he has done his job, and if we are lucky, he gets his 500th homer with us, and then retires next year.

Frank going down will be bigger then people think.  Even on the 15 day DL.  Even though he has a .243 BA he has 14 walks this season and his OBP is .451.  I hope he just misses the yankee series.

Yeah, though his RBI's and BA havent been his usual #'s, his OBP is great and he will be missed soley on that.

But then again, aren't we all?  :huh

:lolhitting

Honey, you know Friday Jr. is going to his grandmas and his sister is at a sleep over, we'll be the only ones home. Just like before we had kids. Wanna make some noise?

Dear, you know I'm day to day. . .

I'm guessing Ozzie will sit Frank out this series against NY. Look for Jose to miss the series against the Yankees also. He felt pain in his hamstring, and Ozzie doesn't want to rush them back when they are not 100%.

So i'm guessing Uribe will play SS and Gload will be the DH during this series. Hopefully they will both be back by the Tampa series on Friday.