Bowling....

Steff

Good to hear I am not alone, finding out that Mooch and Jester also bowl.

I started out f***ing on fire this year...about 190-200 for the first month or two...and went down the drain after that.  Finished at about 170, so you can see how badly it went after that.

Tossed my highest game ever though, a 267.  Also threw my highest 3 and 4 game series ever...I had a 680 3 game series and somewhere real damn close to a 900 4-game series(most likely somewhere around 890-895).  I honestly have no idea what happened to me after that though.

I am taking a bowling class next year through MSU. It is a one credit pass/fail course. I am bloody awful at bowling, but itll still be fun.

Ehem... I bowl, too.  :unsure:

My best series this year was a 503. 173, 171, 159. Not that great.. but.. I am just a girl.  :huh

Oh you do, I didn't notice. Sorry :huh

:D

My bad though :bang

Steve...maybe I should go to MSU. Taking a bowling class would kick ass. I've heard bowling drunk kicks some serious ass too, not that I would know about that.

Good to hear I am not alone, finding out that Mooch and Jester also bowl.

I started out f***ing on fire this year...about 190-200 for the first month or two...and went down the drain after that.  Finished at about 170, so you can see how badly it went after that.

Tossed my highest game ever though, a 267.  Also threw my highest 3 and 4 game series ever...I had a 680 3 game series and somewhere real damn close to a 900 4-game series(most likely somewhere around 890-895).  I honestly have no idea what happened to me after that though.

Nice scores! I have one more week left, right now the average is at 181. High for the year is 252, but I did get a 700-series. My secret? MORE BEER! The third game is always the best!

Just an FYI for all, there used to be a bowling show called LEts Bowl, I think on the Comedy Network. 1 person would 'challenge' someone else to bowl, there were 2 wacky hosts that interviewed the bowlers, one frame was a 'speed frame' as to how fast they could throw the ball, one frame they put ramps in the middle of the lanes, things like that. and each bowler got an airhorn that they cold blow off one time, any time, they wanted. the winner got some used car they bought (like an '88 Grand Prix)and a little cash ($600?). It was actually pretty funny, but after about 5 or 6 weeks, they all started to sound the same.

Nice scores!  I have one more week left, right now the average is at 181.  High for the year is 252, but I did get a 700-series.  My secret?  MORE BEER!  The third game is always the best!

Just an FYI for all, there used to be a bowling show called LEts Bowl, I think on the Comedy Network.  1 person would 'challenge' someone else to bowl, there were 2 wacky hosts that interviewed the bowlers, one frame was a 'speed frame' as to how fast they could throw the ball, one frame they put ramps in the middle of the lanes, things like that.  and each bowler got an airhorn that they cold blow off one time, any time, they wanted.  the winner got some used car they bought (like an '88 Grand Prix)and a little cash ($600?).  It was actually pretty funny, but after about 5 or 6 weeks, they all started to sound the same.

I remember that show...it was kinda dumb, sorry to say.

Getting a 300 isn't exactly an easy thing to do. My dad has been bowling for like 35 years(given, about 10 of those were when he was a teenager), and his highest game is still 290(and he's had a pretty good average over too...about 200-210 in a league last year).

It seems in bowling you can only get so much luck. Get a brooklyn strike now and then, get a lucky-ass light mixer, get a lovetap, get a messenger...that s*** doesn't happen all the time. And you can rock the pocket and still leave a ringing 10-pin(or if you are a lefty, a ringing 7-pin). You have to mix that luck in with hitting your spots consistently and getting the same speed on the ball and turning it the same amount each time...it can be a b**** to say the least.

Getting a 300 isn't exactly an easy thing to do.  My dad has been bowling for like 35 years(given, about 10 of those were when he was a teenager), and his highest game is still 290(and he's had a pretty good average over too...about 200-210 in a league last year).

It seems in bowling you can only get so much luck.  Get a brooklyn strike now and then, get a lucky-ass light mixer, get a lovetap, get a messenger...that s*** doesn't happen all the time.  And you can rock the pocket and still leave a ringing 10-pin(or if you are a lefty, a ringing 7-pin).  You have to mix that luck in with hitting your spots consistently and getting the same speed on the ball and turning it the same amount each time...it can be a b**** to say the least.

That could have been in Japanese and I wouldn't have understood more of it. :huh:

:lol:

If you don't understand bowling terminology, you probably won't understand that post.  Just the same as how I really won't understand much about hockey.

Fair enough, your Echer picture makes more sense to me then bowling terminology, I've only ever tried 5 pin once and I was really bad.

DAMN! Last night of bowling this year, 3rd place on the line, and I couldn't do anything. 179, 178 and 169. The lanes started off dry, and just got drier as the night went on. I don't have a large hook, but by the third game, was hitting between the first and second arrow, and still coming up brooklyn side. Both the Zone and the Firestorm were just slicing right thru the pocket. Good thing I can pick up a 10 pin most times, regardless of conditions.

DAMN!  Last night of bowling this year, 3rd place on the line, and I couldn't do anything.  179, 178 and 169.  The lanes started off dry, and just got drier as the night went on.  I don't have a large hook, but by the third game, was hitting between the first and second arrow, and still coming up brooklyn side.  Both the Zone and the Firestorm were just slicing right thru the pocket.  Good thing I can pick up a 10 pin most times, regardless of conditions.

Only thing you can do on those nights are throw it harder, throw it with less hook, or move left, or a combination of the 3.

Sucks ass when they start off drier then popcorn, and usually the only place they can go from there are drier and drier. That's only one of the reasons bowling is harder then it looks.

DAMN!  Last night of bowling this year, 3rd place on the line, and I couldn't do anything.  179, 178 and 169.  The lanes started off dry, and just got drier as the night went on.  I don't have a large hook, but by the third game, was hitting between the first and second arrow, and still coming up brooklyn side.  Both the Zone and the Firestorm were just slicing right thru the pocket.  Good thing I can pick up a 10 pin most times, regardless of conditions.

Tonight's my last night.. :headbang