Old Sore Subject

LDF

Yes, they get a 1st rounder, toward the end of the 1st round.

I'd rather have the 1st round choice than Jon Adkins.

If there's any possible defense, that whole draft choice compensation thing was supposed to go away, and the trade was made before the new agreement was signed ... and then the owners/players couldn't agree on the whole draft choice comp thing so they left it as is, for now.

Bottom line, it worked out pretty good for Oakland, unless they screw up with the draft choice.

Yes, they get a 1st rounder, toward the end of the 1st round.

I'd rather have the 1st round choice than Jon Adkins.

If there's any possible defense, that whole draft choice compensation thing was supposed to go away, and the trade was made before the new agreement was signed ... and then the owners/players couldn't agree on the whole draft choice comp thing so they left it as is, for now.

Bottom line, it worked out pretty good for Oakland, unless they screw up with the draft choice.

they'll probably draft a future hall of famer :(

I've learned to forget. Every gm makes his mistakes, but gradually KW keeps getting better, imo.

He screwed up badly with Ritchie. Redeems himself with Marte and Jimenez. Then screws up again with Ray, but because he believed there would be no compensation.

The jury is out on the Koch deal, but at least we know we have a closer for more then just this year. Then he really kicks ass with the Colon deal, the Flash signing and the White signing. Last but not least, he'll have another good move if he gets Rogers locked up.

Oh ya, he sucked up the Clayton deal, even though Myette never turned into anything. I'm not convinced what a deuche Clayton was.

I've learned to forget.  Every gm makes his mistakes, but gradually KW keeps getting better, imo.

He screwed up badly with Ritchie.  Redeems himself with Marte and Jimenez.  Then screws up again with Ray, but because he believed there would be no compensation.

The jury is out on the Koch deal, but at least we know we have a closer for more then just this year.  Then he  really kicks ass with the Colon deal, the Flash signing and the White signing.  Last but not least, he'll have another good move if he gets Rogers locked up.

Oh ya, he sucked up the Clayton deal, even though Myette never turned into anything.  I'm not convinced what a deuche Clayton was.

ahhh it is just a way for me to constantly bring up the subject of ray when i took a beating by posters who thinks that adkins was a hof pitcher that kw just stumble into. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
ahhh it is just a way for me to constantly bring up the subject of ray when i took a beating by posters who thinks that adkins was a hof pitcher that kw just stumble into.    :D

ldf i was always on your side with this hon... now stop rubbing the salt in the wounds.........lol............ ;) :fyou again by kw........

drop it. don't bring it up anymore. its done. vamos. finished. over. leave it be.

where is your sense of humor, we got screwed big time. we should enjoy the long lingering feeling for as long as we can. :D

beside there are still some who still thnk that we didn't get screwed. :lol:

I am just dropping it. It is getting so old...I mean ok, that deal sucked and all, but it cannot be reversed! Durham is gone, its time to move on, yes we got screwed, but were finished. vamos. done. 1st Rounder. o well...deal w/ it.

I am just dropping it. It is getting so old...I mean ok, that deal sucked and all, but it cannot be reversed! Durham is gone, its time to move on, yes we got screwed, but were finished. vamos. done. 1st Rounder. o well...deal w/ it.

can i at least have a smoke for the screwing i got? :headbang

I am not condoning the trade by any means, but...

I just wanted to point out that the extra 1st round draft pick would cost a couple of million dollars to sign, money that would be taken out of the '03 budget (money that we might be using to sign Kenny Rogers). And who knows if the pick would turn out to be a Rauch or a Ruffcorn?

be my guest with ur cigarette, but you can't smoke it in my house.

be my guest with ur cigarette, but you can't smoke it in my house.

ummmm where was i, oh yeah there is going to be over 90 pitchers who can throw over 90 mph. oak had 6 draft choices before the 2 round was over and no they are going to have 2 more in the first round, one with the thanks of kw.

man we could have sign a hof with that pick. :lol:

It goes back to square 1, KW is not , IS NOT a GM he is so far over his head it is not funny and if Sox win it is in spite of KW,JM,JR! :angry:

Come on, you have to look at some of his recent moves and admit they have bee pretty good, like he has a clue.

Also, I know people talk about it, but the Sox weren't the only team that made deals because they thought they were going to get nothing else in return and wanted to cut some salary.

Cleveland was about the only team out there that was able to get value and they got it from the Expos as well as the Dodgers (Because Evans is an idiot). Otherwise, not many talented players went anywhere. Oh ya, Evans also shipped off a good prospect for Tyler Houston of all people.

Plus he did bring the Sox Felix Diaz for Kenny Lofton. He did get beat by Billy Beane, but so have plenty of other gm's.

Cleveland was about the only team out there that was able to get value and they got it from the Expos as well as the Dodgers (Because Evans is an idiot).  Otherwise, not many talented players went anywhere.  Oh ya, Evans also shipped off a good prospect for Tyler Houston of all people.

I love it when you knock Evans - you may be the only person in the world besides me who thinks little of his GM abilities - keep it up and I will write you into my will! :D

In that case, Evans idiotisms go back previous to just last year. I think he was the one who gave up Jorge Julio or whatever his name is to the Orioles for some bum reliever that stunk with the Dodgers.

In his defense he did bring in Gullermo Mota who looks like a decent prospect, although Herges was really good for the Dodgers. He also brought in Perez although I think Jordan sucks and Sheffield is damn good.

Either way, I'll definately take KW over Dan Evans.

Cleveland was about the only team out there that was able to get value and they got it from the Expos as well as the Dodgers (Because Evans is an idiot).  Otherwise, not many talented players went anywhere.  Oh ya, Evans also shipped off a good prospect for Tyler Houston of all people.

I love it when you knock Evans - you may be the only person in the world besides me who thinks little of his GM abilities - keep it up and I will write you into my will! :D

If that's the case....EVANS SUCKS, EVANS SUCKS....HE'S AN IDIOT, AN EVEN BIGGER ONE THAN KW....I WANT TO GET INTO CWSOX'S WILL....EVANS SUCKS, EVANS SUCKS

Anyways....I think KW is actually understanding how to GM....and he's doing a good job of it(aside from Buehrle's situation)....he's just gotta quite favoring players and making them 'his boys.' Valentin, Lee, etc.....if a great trade came up, say two top prospects for CLee, I don't know what would happen....but I hope he'd accept it.