Bears QB

Chisoxfn

Who should they go with:

Couch (For 3rd or 4th Rounder)

Kordell (Via Free Agency)

Leftwich/Palmer (Via Draft)

I'm going to go with Kordell or Couch unless Palmer is there. I'm really loving the idea of Suggs, if he's available and that is no guarantee with him moving up. The Bengals may take him. Of course if that happens, then the #4 pick will have some value as Palmer will be there and I could see some teams interested in dealing up to get him, meaning the Bears could stockpile, move down a bit, maybe with Dallas, still pick up the corner from Kansas State (Newman), plus a 2nd round pick and a little more. Then in the 2nd round they could go with a qb like Ragone as well as McGahee. Then in the 3rd they go with best available, maybe reciever, and then go through for best player on the boards and eventually get Casey Urlacher as a potential safety as an undrafted free agent.

I do like the idea of getting Arnaz Battle as our return man.

Nothing against Leftwich, because I have watched a few games and he is a great QB, but he did play in a conference that is pretty weak teams like W.Michigan and so on. Might as well as play for a division II school. I like Sims myself, but hey. QB's are hard to understand. You think you drafted the next best thing and you get McNown :)

Nothing against Leftwich, because I have watched a few games and he is a great QB, but he did play in a conference that is pretty weak teams like W.Michigan and so on.  Might as well as play for a division II school.  I like Sims myself, but hey.  QB's are hard to understand.  You think you drafted the next best thing and you get McNown :)

A bit harsh - and I would say - wrong

Unless you want to seriously argue that no MAC qb took an NFL team to the playoffs this year, or that no MAC player has ever done well in the NFL - for which you'd lose that argument - the MAC is Division I and they play some good ball and produce some good players.

And if you know anything about Division II, you would know that Grand Valley is the Div II champion, http://gvsulakers.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl.../121402aaa.html

and the Bears would be lucky to have Anes as their qb.

And why the rap on WMU? They played a very tough Div I schedule and while they were not as successful as anyone hoped (I used to live 4 blocks from Waldo Stadum and have an affection for them when they don't play Michigan) they should get credit for going all out and playing the tough games - they are not taking the easy way.

Nothing against Leftwich, because I have watched a few games and he is a great QB, but he did play in a conference that is pretty weak teams like W.Michigan and so on.  Might as well as play for a division II school.  I like Sims myself, but hey.  QB's are hard to understand.  You think you drafted the next best thing and you get McNown :)

Chad pennington played on that same team in that same conference......... seems to be pretty good to me.

Leftwich is great plain and simple.

I'd really like to see them pick up Tim Couch. He's been in league long enough to know how things go, now. He should be just about ready to become a winning QB. I know he wasn't Manning from the start, but Manning did have a father that knew a little about being an NFL QB. If the Bears can get Couch for a 3rd or 4th rounder... Go For It!

Nothing against Leftwich, because I have watched a few games and he is a great QB, but he did play in a conference that is pretty weak teams like W.Michigan and so on.  Might as well as play for a division II school.  I like Sims myself, but hey.  QB's are hard to understand.  You think you drafted the next best thing and you get McNown :)

Marshall did produce Pennington, as cw pointed out, and, as big of an asshole as he is, Randy Moss....the kid has a lot of talent, but I don't want his attitude on my team....especially considering my team is the Bills....Moulds, Price(assuming they resign him....dammit resign him) and Reed as the 3 receivers and Travis Henry as the RB and Bledsoe as the QB....hell, the Bears can take anyone they want for all I care....but make sure whoever they take is good.

Personally, if I were the Bears, I'd take Leftwich....he looks like a real good QB....good, accurate arm, big enough to run, fast enough to run, strong enough to run, and he plays the game with a ton of heart(like Miller)....it seems that in the game where the Thundering Herd won the MAC conference this year(or some big game I believe against Toledo), Leftwich was hurt pretty badly but still played through the pain and won the game for Marshall....that's what I want in a QB.