***Official 4/30 Game Thread***

Goldmember

whitesox.com game preview

Pitchers' duel set for Friday's tilt

Blue Jays (7-15) at White Sox (13-8), 7:05 p.m. CT

By Scott Merkin / MLB.com 

CHICAGO -- As the No. 1 starter in the White Sox rotation, Mark Buehrle figures to face the opposing team's ace hurler more often than not.

But in five starts this season, unknowns such as the Yankees' Jorge De Paula and Alex Graman and struggling hurlers such as Tampa Bay's Jeremi Gonzalez have opposed the young Chicago left-hander. That streak ends on Friday, when Buehrle faces Roy Halladay, the 2003 American League Cy Young Award winner.

Buehrle has struggled over his last two starts, allowing 19 hits and 13 runs over 9 2/3 innings. But manager Ozzie Guillen is not worried about Buehrle bouncing back, pointing out that Buehrle's consistency around the plate leads to him giving up a few extra hits.

Pitching matchup

TOR: RHP Roy Halladay

2-3, 3.53 ERA in 2004

1-0, 3.00 vs. White Sox in 2003

1-1, 3.31 lifetime vs. White Sox

CHI: LHP Mark Buehrle

1-1, 5.93 ERA in 2004

0-1, 5.68 vs. Blue Jays in 2003

0-1, 4.60 lifetime vs. Blue Jays

Players to watch

Carlos Lee is the lone White Sox hitter with career success against the defending American League Cy Young winner. Lee is 6-for-16, with two home runs, one double and two RBIs against Roy Halladay. Juan Uribe continues his hot streak, with eight hits over the past three games.

Quotable

"With the way we have been playing, I'm not putting any interest in my ERA or the runs I give up. It's all about winning and without my teammates, I wouldn't be 4-0." --Esteban Loaiza on his perfect 4-0 start, despite his ERA sitting at 3.71 -- a couple of points higher than last year's amazing start.

On television

CHI: Fox Sports Net

TOR: RSN

On radio

CHI: ESPN Radio 1000

TOR: FAN 590

Quick hits

Jose Valentin finished 0-for-4 with two strikeouts during the first night of his injury rehabilitation assignment Thursday with Triple-A Charlotte. Valentin started as the Knights' designated hitter ... Thirteen of the White Sox's 15 home runs on the current homestand have been solo shots ... Magglio Ordonez has homered in three straight games and sits 15 home runs short of 200 for his career ... Kelly Dransfeldt matched his career high with two hits, having reached that mark last against Baltimore on May 16, 1999 when playing for Texas ... The White Sox have homered in 10 straight games overall and 10 games in a row at home (19 total) and have hit 103 in their last 55 games at U.S. Cellular Field ... Lee has reached base safely in 16 of his last 17 games ... Neal Cotts has stranded six of seven inherited base runners, and first batters are 0-for-4 against him with two strikeouts ... The White Sox are 3-5 in series openers this season ... The White Sox are 8-6 against the American League East and 4-4 in night games. They are 5-4 on this current 12-game homestand, the longest consecutive stretch of games this season at U.S. Cellular Field, and 8-4 overall at home ... The White Sox were 12-9 after 21 games in 2003.

On deck

Saturday: Blue Jays at White Sox, 6:05 p.m.

Sunday: Blue Jays at White Sox, 2:05 p.m.

Monday: White Sox at Orioles, 6:05 p.m.

Tuesday: White Sox at Orioles, 6:05 p.m.

Wednesday: White Sox at Orioles, 6:05 p.m.

Thursday: Off day

they showed the stadium NOBODY IS THERE!!!!!!!I'M BECOMING REALLY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

! :stick

I think that was taped a few hours before the game, I'd expect a few more fans to show up in time for the first pitch...

they showed the stadium NOBODY IS THERE!!!!!!!I'M BECOMING REALLY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK its raining and there will be a delay now i know y nobody is there.

rain delay uh oh i bet there will be a double header tommorrow.

I don't like Buehrle and rain delays. He never seems to pitch good after one....

I know....hopefully, tonight, when he plays he'll show that we had nothing to worry about...hopefully...*crosses fingers*....

Stupid rain! :angry:

It's pretty sweet - Boyer said that they're going to have a little thing on whitesox.com where you can email the team on any ideas you have.

I'm going to email them about perhaps a High School Discount - perhaps the upper deck seats at half price with a high-school ID.

From whitesox.com a couple days ago...

Boyer, who worked for the Chicago Bulls for 10 seasons, the last six as senior director of corporate partnerships, will be responsible for the team's marketing, promotions and broadcasting efforts, as well as overseeing ticket, sponsorship and suite sales.

"We are excited by the energy and enthusiasm Brooks brings to the White Sox after his 10 seasons with the Bulls," said Jerry Reinsdorf, chairman of the White Sox. "His experience in building business relationships, in sales, and in generating an entertaining atmosphere will have a major impact on the U.S. Cellular Field experience for all White Sox fans.