Aceves Homers in First Knights Game

Heads22

Aceves looked pretty good hitting in today's game, but looked a tad shaky behind the plate. Knights pitchers threw 5 wild pitches and Aceves had one passed ball. The game was delayed for 46 minutes because of rain. This after three separate delays in last nights game (50 minutes for rain, 50-something for fog, then an hour delay for fog again before they called the game). Louisville's manager got tossed handing out the lineup card in today's game. He was still upset about the game being called due to fog last night.

havent been able to post too much in the last couple days, but something about working nearly 100 hours in the homestand leaves you a bit groggy. A note on Wright being on the roster: he has 72 hours to report, so when he does, the Knights will need to make another roster change to make room for him. Of course, Im not allowed to speculate (at least here anyways).

I'd speculate that Bikowski could go down to AA. He really creamed the ball their last year, but has really struggled with Charlotte. The only flaw is the Knights would only have 3 outfielders and that wouldn't really work and I can't think of who they could demote on the pitching staff because its really been good this year.

I'd speculate that Bikowski could go down to AA.  He really creamed the ball their last year, but has really struggled with Charlotte.  The only flaw is the Knights would only have 3 outfielders and that wouldn't really work and I can't think of who they could demote on the pitching staff because its really been good this year.

Don't tell Alex. :lol:

My bad, was looking at an old roster and forgot about Torres. Plus, Hankins could play left which means even without Bikowski you could have 5 people more then capable of playing outfield.

So book it, my call is Bikowski will be headed to Birmingham and hopefully he'll get back on track and help the Barons offense.

I'd also say Hankins could go down, but then they would only have one catcher, so that isn't an option.

I'd speculate that Bikowski could go down to AA.  He really creamed the ball their last year, but has really struggled with Charlotte.  The only flaw is the Knights would only have 3 outfielders and that wouldn't really work and I can't think of who they could demote on the pitching staff because its really been good this year.

Probably sum1 in the bullpen like Mitch Wylie? You could put Kohleimer back in the pen and then hav a starting 5 of Diaz, Wright, Rauch, Grilli and Josh Stewart. But they also hav Mario Valenzuela as an outfielder in Charlotte too.

One day after seeing their opportunity for a comeback taken away by a rainstorm, the Birmingham Barons had no such complaints on Sunday.

From Our Advertiser

Multiple scoring opportunities came and went for both teams, but in the end it was the Chattanooga Lookouts who found the big inning, scoring three runs in the 12th to win 6-3.

The win was the second straight for the Lookouts, giving them a 2-0 lead in the four-game series in front of an afternoon crowd of 3,247 at the Hoover Met. The two teams combined for 25 hits. The Barons added eight stolen bases, but none of those resulted in a run as Birmingham stranded 13 runners.

"Sometimes in this game, there are lost opportunities," said Birmingham manager Razor Shines. "There are times when you need a hit and don't get one. Sometimes you do some things right and it still doesn't go your way. Today, the fact that we were 8 for 8 in stolen bases shows me that we had some guys out there working their tails off, and we just couldn't get it done."

Five different Barons hitters had two hits each, including shortstop Mike Morse, who had a home run and a double.

Michael Spidale and Micah Franklin had three stolen bases each.

In the 12th the Lookouts led off with a pair of singles. Kenton Kelly advanced to third on a throwing error by Barons third baseman Rob Sasser. He scored on an RBI single by Travis Wilson for the final run of the game.

Barons starter Arnie Munoz left with the game tied after five innings, having given up just one earned run on four hits and two walks. He struck out six. It was his first start this year that didn't end in a victory.

Reliever Brian McNichol followed with one scoreless inning. Matt Smith and Jeff Bajenaru threw two shutout innings apiece, and Josh Fields pitched a scoreless 11th, working out of a bases-loaded jam.

Kris Keller (0-3) took the loss after giving up three earned runs off four hits in the 12th.

The Lookouts' Wilson went 3-for-5 with two RBIs to lead Chattanooga. Crawford Paxton (1-0) pitched three scoreless innings to pick up the win. Todd Coffey pitched the 12th for his fourth save.

Right-hander Tetsu Yofu (2-1, 2.31) starts for the Barons today against Lookouts right-hander Steve Kelly (3-0, 1.61). First pitch is scheduled for 11 a.m.