KW going after Freddy Garcia again...

RudyLawRules

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A tribune article has shot this down already, or at least the possibility of acquiring a centerfielder.

I haven't read the article. But my guess is bringing in a new CF without trading anyone would be shot down. If Winn was included in the deal, he wouldn't necessarily play CF. His best position is supposed to be LF.

Garcia would be good but I think Pinero would be a better choice. Given Pinero has struggled thus far but like it was said he is nasty.

Pinero signed a new 3 yr deal this offseason for $14.5 mill. Sounds like he's part of their long term plans even with his struggles this year.

Ross Gload, Carlos Lee or Frank Thomas.

Gload, we take a step back offensively

Frank, can't play everyday at 1st. I really can't see him playing more than 50 or 60 games at 1st.

Lee, leave him in left.

Add, do not subtract.

And what ever happened to the days when everyone was talking about all the great young arms we have in our farm system. 2000, 2001, 2002, we were the talk of the major leagues.

Freddy had an inner ear problem bothering him the past couple of seasons. He can be a dominant pitcher for stretches and looks better this year since his offseason ear surgery. I do not believe he is an ace at this point but he has ace stuff. He is really the type of dominant right-handed hard thrower our staff really could use with the loss of Bartolo Colon.

What are the Mariners thinking though? Are they trying to get even older or do they really think giving up Freddy for offense will give them a shot to take their tough division?

I think it could be something like Lee, Wunsch and Felix Diaz for Garcia. Soriano won't be going anywhere. Seattle is in the drivers seat and they have money to spend, remember they saved $10M with the reliever, I forget his name leaving. If Soraino is in the mix I wouldn't be surprised if Takatsu is given up as Seattle has some Japanese players.

Freddy Garcia would put us in the drivers seat and again in the elite teams in the Amreican League.

If the Ordonez resigning is not working out, what makes you think he would not be in a package for Garcia, Winn and some young arm.

Would Ordonez for Winn, Garcia, and Soraino/Pinerio make any sense???? Assuming we could talk to Garcia about a contract extension. If Garcia long-term is not an option I think he could be had for Borchard and a pitcher (Diaz, Pachero, Banj.)

I'm thinking through the equation how much better is Garcia than Cotts, Wright, Diaz, etc. and who is worth the difference. The early 2004 edition of Kong seems like over paying. The Kong v.2003 is a nice fit.

I just keep thinking we have some arms that may work as the #5 but not as closer.

Any real rumors as to who is being talked about on our side?  I gotta imagine with the Ms they are looking for some offense, so a Konerko for Garcia, bad contract for bad contract.  Just a theory.

I wouldn't call Garcia a bad contract based on his pitching so far this season. Seattle just needs more pop in their lineup, they really, really miss Mike Cameron.

Various things I've read blame it solely on velocity and say he'll be at tip-top form by late may..

Why wasn't he in top form at the beginning of the season? Mid to late May is a ways into the season and I would expect my starters to be ready at the opening bell. If we have options in the minors why make such a trade for someone who most likely won't be resigned by Reinsdorf at the end of the year?

Any real rumors as to who is being talked about on our side?  I gotta imagine with the Ms they are looking for some offense, so a Konerko for Garcia, bad contract for bad contract.  Just a theory.

I don't like the alternative at 1B if we were to trade Konerko. I hope there is no basis for these rumors to pop up. I am still waiting for the Garciaparra deal or one for Griffey Jr.

Why not wait a little while, and get Garcia AND Guardado?

Seattle is old, and going nowhere this year. They have good arms in the minors that they can build around, so what I imagine they'll want are young hitters. Send them Borchard, Dransfeldt, and some other minor league hitters, and I think Seattle takes it without thinking twice.

Why not wait a little while, and get Garcia AND Guardado?

Seattle is old, and going nowhere this year.  They have good arms in the minors that they can build around, so what I imagine they'll want are young hitters.  Send them Borchard, Dransfeldt, and some other minor league hitters, and I think Seattle takes it without thinking twice.

No one wants Kelly Dransfeldt.

For a deal like that to work, you're gonna have to give up Honel, Sweeney/Reed/Anderson, and that's not going to happen...

Seattle isnt giving up those guys for Borchard, Dransfelt and other minor league hitters besides our big guns...

For a deal like that to work, you're gonna have to give up Honel, Sweeney/Reed/Anderson, and that's not going to happen...

Seattle isnt giving up those guys for Borchard, Dransfelt and other minor league hitters besides our big guns...

You'll probably have to give up one minor league stud hitter, in addition to Borchard, and a couple others. But I absolutely think Seattle considers this. They've made it clear that they are trying to move Garcia, they have no need for Guardado if they're going to rebuild, and they have a hitter-shortage at the minor league level.

dransfeldt is on waivers right now...anyone could take him.

Don't be surprised to see the M's stud reliever Soriano in the mix.  Dinged up and hit hard in April and just returned from rehab stint.  Maybe KW has a fleecing up his sleeve??

This is a complete joke. There is not a single chance Rafael Soriano gets traded unless the Mariners are getting the entire White Sox roster because thats how they have him rated.