Cliff Politte Sucks!

Butter Parque

For some reason I feel ok about Politte even though his stats are worst than Botch's.

He was lights out in ST. Now he stopped trusting that slider for some reason -- and now hitters are geared for that heater.

Again, if this team is going to hit like it is now, Politte's struggles won't matter that much -- we be in deep s***. But if Sox offense is putting runs on the board, and Judy is pitching like he did through first 5 innings today, Sox will absolutely need to get an Urbina or a Benitez at the break. Koch is toast. Politte's headcase. Marte is a set-up man, Cotts is a starter and Shingo can't be overexposed.

Old Sox said:

I knew Flash gordon, and Cliff Politte is no Flash Gordon.

I ain't giving up on Cliff, but I'd tend to agree.

Our pitching coach, who I like, needs to take Cliff

under his wing.

I think Politte has major issues whenever he is pitching in the 9th for some goofy reason. He puts too much pressure on himself. He seems fine to pitch in the 7th and 8th. I wonder why they had Marte pitch the 7th and 8th but then have politte come in a tie game in the 9th. I would have done it opposite. Politte first then Marte. Oh well its only one game.

For some reason I feel ok about Politte even though his stats are worst than Botch's.

He was lights out in ST. Now he stopped trusting that slider for some reason -- and now hitters are geared for that heater. 

Again, if this team is going to hit like it is now, Politte's struggles won't matter that much -- we be in deep s***.    But if Sox offense is putting runs on the board,  and Judy is pitching like he did through first 5 innings today, Sox will absolutely need to get an Urbina or a Benitez at the break.    Koch is toast.  Politte's headcase.  Marte is a set-up man, Cotts is a starter and Shingo can't be overexposed.

For someone that's throws stats around to make your point as much as you do, I find it interesting that you chose to disregard them in this case.

It looks as if Politte is pitching like he did last year. That's not good for us because he needs to be a key part of our bullpen. One bright spot is that Flash Gordon was also terrible in the first half of last year and look how that turned out.

Does anyone here want him traded too???? ;) :huh:

I say trade them all and bring back Bob Locker, Bob James, Hoyt Wilhelm and Wilbur Wood;)

Willllburrrr :headbang :cheers

The only Sox pitcher to inspire a poem

WILBUR WOOD

I’m like

throwin’ f***in’ junk

scraping the sides of the plate

fluttering across broken winged

accumulating insults

& lounging in stale air

I’m the junkballer

& from a few feet away

I look easy to hit

but, friend, understand

that my s*** explodes

BOOM!

& it sure as hell ain’t where you thought it’d be

when you started that swing

& yr fury fans the air impotent

while my junk falls behind you, immaculate

I think Politte has major issues whenever he is pitching in the 9th for some goofy reason. He puts too much pressure on himself. He seems fine to pitch in the 7th and 8th. I wonder why they had Marte pitch the 7th and 8th but then have politte come in a tie game in the 9th. I would have done it opposite. Politte first then Marte. Oh well its only one game.

Politte DOES seem to get his panties in a bunch in the 9th inning, doesn't he. He has got good stuff, and one of the hardest throwers on the team. He is just a head case. Started off good, got rocked once, and now can't do a thing. Too many walks, and looks like he is in another world out there.

Like Brando said, hitters are totally gearing up and waiting for the fastball in their spot, because that is all Politte throws! Watch next time he pitches, all he throws is a fastball. His fastball is a good pitch, but it's a very good pitch when he has that slider and the changeup to go along with it.