5/20 games

MnSoxFan

Charlotte wins, Rauch goes only 5 despite big lead, he must be ailing as Rex suggested early on. Nice relief for Duncan and Santiago. Reed 1-2 and 3 BBs and 2 runs, Paz 2-4 with a BB and 2 runs, Borchard 3-5 with 3 doubles and 4 RBI, Smith 2-5 with double and homer (probably still leads league in extra base hits), Dransfeldt even had 2 hits.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...px?GAMEID=14998

Borchard has finally caught on fire. If Magglio goes down to the DL, which is a huge, huge stretch, expect Borchard, not Reed, to be called up.

I was thinking the same thing -- wether people hear belive it or not, RIGHT NOW, JB is closer to the major leagues than JR is. JR is hitting just barely above the mendoza line for the month of may. -- I've listened to the two Knights games prior to todays, and JB sounds like he is finally healthy -- I know he's stolen a base and had a couple of attempts erased by foul balls, had three infiled singles in a game that required hustling down to first base, made some great plays in the outfiled that required diving catches -- Sounds to me like all of those nagging injuries have cleared up and he's plating to his ability lately.

Unfortunately the opposite is true for Reed. It seems his wrist injuries may have caugth up with him. I know after his hot start in April, I called for him to take more walks. -- He wasn't getting them at the same rate that he had at all his previuos stops. Now he is getting the walks, but the average is dropping along with it --

In 9 games Rauch has only gone 49.1 IP.  That works out to about 5and a half IP per start. They have routinely been pulling him "early" -- I don't know what is going on there.

I thought Rex indicated that the 'word' out was that the brass was worried about Rauch's shoulder still.

It is going to have to take more than one hot week to get me excited about Joe B again.

Agreed. Players go through hot and cold streaks as we've seen with the Sox and throughout the minors. I'm curious to see if he can actually keep it up. I don't think it will last, but heck if he can bat upper .260s like he is now with power that's not bad. Of course you would his numbers to slip from AAA to the Majors so I'd like him to do this over the course of a couple more weeks.

As I called it earlier this week and was said to be a fool by many of you, Borchard is on the verge...

Never give up on a kid like Joe.... I mean sure were frustrated... but this kid was drafted first and given a huuuuge bonus for a reason... he has the tools to simply rake the fuggin ball.

Here's to Joe being the end all be all I hope he can be, and I'll never "Quit" on him until he's in another uni. :drink

Guest JimH
As I called it earlier this week and was said to be a fool by many of you, Borchard is on the verge...

Alex, I am pulling for your statements about Joe B. to be correct, big time.

The Salem Avalanche swept a double-header from the Winston-Salem Warthogs last night without giving up a run, winning 5-0 and 2-0.

In the second game, the Avalanche scored a run in the second off starter Sean Tracey. Mark Saccomanno walked to lead off the inning and moved to third on a single by Pat Peavey. Jon Helquist was hit by Tracey to load the bases, and Cameron Likely singled to right to knock in Saccomanno for a 1-0 lead.

Salem added an insurance run in the fifth off Tracey. Wade Robinson led off with a bunt single and moved to second on a balk. After Robinson moved to third on a sacrifice bunt by Ryan Stegall, Luke Scott singled to knock in Robinson to bolster the lead to 2-0.

Tracey (2-4) pitched five innings. He gave up two runs, six hits, a walk and had five strikeouts. Rob Purvis pitched the seventh for the Warthogs in relief. Fernando Nieve (4-3) pitched seven innings, giving up four hits and a walk. He had eight strikeouts.

In the first game, Helquist had three RBIs and scored two runs as the Avalanche defeated Warthogs' starter B.J. LaMura.

The Avalanche scored two runs in the second inning. Adam Seuss reached after being hit by LaMura and Peavey walked. Gaving Wright bunted to moved Seuss and Peavey up, and Helquist followed with a single to right to knock in both runners for a 2-0 lead.

Salem added a run in the fourth. Helquist reached ona fielder's choice and Mark Obradovich singled to center. With Helquist at second, Robinson singled to knock in Helquist to push the lead to 3-0.

The Warthogs will return home tonight to play a three-game series with the Kinston Indians. Nick Lubisich (1-2, 4.35) is scheduled to start for the Warthogs and Keith Ramsey (4-0, 3.38) will pitch for the Indians.

INTIMIDATORS SET SUNS WITH THURSDAY’S 6-3 WIN

(Kannapolis, NC) – Brandon McCarthy allowed one run and just four hits and Chris Young went 3-3 including a two-run homerun leading Kannapolis (21-19) to Thursday night’s 6-3 win over Hagerstown at Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium

Micah Schnurstein drove in the game’s first run with a single to left scoring Antoin Gray. Tom Brice was thrown out at the plate on a throw from Sun’s right fielder Jesse Schmidt trying to reach home on the same play.

In the top of the fourth inning, Hagerstown (16-24) scored a run off Intimidators starter Brandon McCarthy (4-3) who retired the first seven Suns faced, five by strikeouts.

Young’s two run blast in the fourth off Suns starting pitcher Ben Thurmond (0-1) broke a 1-1 tie. Brandon Bounds hit the first pitch of the fifth inning over the right field wall for his first Intimidators home run and giving Kannapolis a 4-1 lead.

Hagerstown chipped away at the Kannapolis lead with a solo home run off the bat of Nate Schierholtz. The visitors pulled within a run in the seventh on Jon Coutlangus’ sacrifice fly off reliever Fraser Dizard on a run charged to Todd Deininger.

Leo Daigle stamped the win for the Intimidators crushing a two-run shot over the left center wall off reliever Sean Martin.

In the ninth inning, Ehren Wasserman retired the first two batters before Tim Hutting reached on an error. Wasserman (8) induced Coutlangus to hit a ground ball to second ending the game for his eighth save.

The two teams play the rubber match of the three game series Friday night at 7:05pm. For more information or to order tickets to upcoming games, contact the Intimidators at 704-932-3267.

Phillips and Keller get rocked, Barons lose big, 2 hits for Stewart (this is our future backup catcher if he continues to hit .250 as well as he supposedly plays D) and McNeil with nice game. Spidale gets HBP and pulled from game, keep our fingers crossed.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...px?GAMEID=15641

spidale got hit in the foot and he is okay. just to let you all know