Damn weather again....

Heads22

At least ten tornado warnings in E. Iowa.....it was bad enough that at the end of the school day today, they said they would not let anyone out without a car.....of course, that means I had to find another way to escape....

Out in W. Iowa there was a tornado 2 miles wide... :o

I had to deliver pizzas tonight out here in the NW burbs. I left the resteraunt around 8:10 to take a delivery. Right when I got to my first of 3 deliveries I sirens went off. My dad told me to stay were I was (I was delivering to a hotel). I thought about it and almost did, but I wanted to get the last 2 delivered. Lucky, my last delivery was just down the streat from my grandparents house. So, I very quickly delivered the last two and then went to their house for a half hour or so. Then i went back and clocked out so I could go home to my family. It was scary. Those clouds scared the poop out of me.

I had a candle party last night and at about 8 or so, it go really cloudy (dark, nasty clouds) and windy quick. It lightninged (is that a word, lol) until I went to sleep (11:30 or so) with a few bursts of rain and claps of thunder, but not the holy hell that I was expecting from the looks of the sky.

I had to deliver pizzas tonight out here in the NW burbs. I left the resteraunt around 8:10 to take a delivery. Right when I got to my first of 3 deliveries I sirens went off. My dad told me to stay were I was (I was delivering to a hotel). I thought about it and almost did, but I wanted to get the last 2 delivered. Lucky, my last delivery was just down the streat from my grandparents house. So, I very quickly delivered the last two and then went to their house for a half hour or so. Then i went back and clocked out so I could go home to my family. It was scary. Those clouds scared the poop out of me.

You are in the Pizza Delivery Hall of Fame. I hope you got a great tip. I once delivered two large in a frickin' blizzard (on my way home) and received the $1.23 change. :fyou

Dikta and some players once gave me $50. So I guess it all balanced.

I was working out at Kane County for the Cougars. They called the game after the 5th, but the sirens were going off while the guys were still playing, pretty scary.

Traitor!!! You're a spy for the Athletics!!! :lol:

I wasn't even a mile away from you, working at White Hen. It was a pretty spiffy scene out there. The sirens went off and people came in to buy ice cream. :headshake

You are in the Pizza Delivery Hall of Fame. I hope you got a great tip. I once delivered two large in a frickin' blizzard (on my way home) and received the $1.23 change.  :fyou

Dikta and some players once gave me $50. So I guess it all balanced.

THanks. Well, if I remember right, the last 2 give me about 2-3 dollars for a tip. One of them really thanked me for great service under the conditions. BUt let me tell you, I was really scared. It was flat out NASTY! on my way to my last delivery, I litterly sprinted to the front door, went up to the appartment, and flew like a bat out of hell to my grandparents house. I did NOT want to be outdoors. Once the sirens went off, my fiancee was at my house and she went into the basement and playe don my laptop for 2 hours. lol

Here is another interesting story. I was out on a delivery before all hell broke loose. THey gave me the wrong address, so I pulled over and waited for the resteraunt to call me back with the right one. WHile I was waiting, I looked up and i SWORE the clouds were going from east to west. I just brushed it off as being disoriented. After all, around here clouds almost never do that. WHen I got back to Rosati's, I looked up and the clouds were going from west to eat. So I just thought, "oh well. I was just confused earlier." Then one of the other drivers walks out and says "you should have seen it. A moment ago the clouds were going east to west, now they are going west to east. THis looks like something out of twister" THat is when I knew we were in for it. It was going to be a long night.

We had a hailstorm about 2:30 this morning....in the last day we've had about 2.25 inches of rain with more coming tonite.

Water everywhere is getting really high....

wow! I should call my finacee's family. They are from the Iowa City area. I dont know how badly they have been hit recently.

Being the geniuses we are, my dad and I and my brother jsut got done driving around town at 1 am. It's still coming down really fast, the highway on the southern end of town is covered by water, and the low lying park on the NE side of town is completely flooded. It's supposed to rain all night....

We didn't get any bad weather out here in NW Indiana. Just ominous clouds and a little bit of lightening. It all passed to the north.

Yeah to the north...

No power for 8 hourshere .. most of this area is still without power.

I think like 8 or 9 people are dead from fires, electrocution, trees collapsing..etc..

I've seen and been through worse though. :headbang

Hey, I actually know where you're talking about -- I camped there one night, right next to the little creek that I'm sure has left it's banks to cover the baseball diamond.

It's got three diamonds? And a small creek that runs right down the middle.....If so......At 1 am, the water containment area (built for this) was full and it was starting into the lower diamond. It's must have flooded on the se side of the park over the road......the roads close to it were getting water across.

That park's not in the best part of town, either, as I'm sure you probably realize...

Yeah to the north...

No power for 8 hourshere .. most of this area is still without power.

I think like 8 or 9 people are dead from fires, electrocution, trees collapsing..etc..

I've seen and been through worse though.  :headbang

Wow I didn't know it was bad in Michigan too. You are south though right, because both of my grandparents live north and I don't know how they are doing.