where is rogers headed???

soxfan420

Well he said he wants to pitch for a contender...that's not a lof of teams.

I think he'd fit in nicely with the Cards, especially with their shakey pitching situation. I mean, stephenson and williams are both coming off injury, and simontachhi only has one year under his belt. He could be a steal for them at 2 mil, and well worth it i think. They need someone to eat some innings up.

I think he'll re-sign with the Rangers on May 1. Remember, last year he vetoed a trade from the Rangers to the Reds because he didn't want to leave Texas. He now realizes that Texas' offer of 2 years, $10 mm was a good offer he should have accepted. Texas still desparately needs pitching. He'll go back there, they'll pay him maybe $2 or $2.5 mm per year for two years, but he'll have to sit out the first month.

In the sum total of things I care about, this one doesn't make the list. The Sox offered him a deal, he rejected it, everyone else has rejected his and Boras' demands, no one will need to hold a tag day for this dude, he made his bed and he can lie in it.

Well he said he wants to pitch for a contender...that's not a lof of teams.

I think he'd fit in nicely with the Cards, especially with their shakey pitching situation.  I mean, stephenson and williams are both coming off injury, and simontachhi only has one year under his belt. He could be a steal for them at 2 mil, and well worth it i think. They need someone to eat some innings up.

I don't buy into his talk for pitching for a contender. If he wanted to do that he would of signed the deal KW had on the table. I think he may eventually come back, but the question is will he be willing to admit that he was wrong on what he thought his market value was.

Plus Texas has an offer out there for good money once May roles around, but who knows.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i am not sure where you all heard we were done talking to him but....word from the front office is that if he takes kw up on the original offer hes in......so its up to rogers where he lands and for how much ..........i seriously doubt the rangers take him back...........they just saved a ton of money without him.........

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok my spelling sucks but heres a helping hand for mr. rogers on his way to japan... just pronounce it the way it looks.......

aney ha say yo.... and...hana mickjew chew ship she o.......hello how are you and one beer please.........thats all i knew from my days over seas... guess i didnt need to know much else...........lol

Japan. The Sox's (Both of them) are done talking with him.

That would be a bitter pill for him to swallow. I think his agent led him down the garden path. The economy is in the tank for most baseball free agents this year. Too bad.

Too bad?

The guy turned down a $10M offer over 2 years at the beginning of the off-season -- so if he "only" ends up with $1M or $2M per year for playing a game, maybe he'll learn not to be greedy.

Guest hotsoxchick1

cant argue that one clujer.......btw did anyone hear that persons went to boston... i wasnt paying much attention, did we talked about that already or not...........

No one talked about Person going to Boston...and frankly, it doesn't bother me all that much.

I bet he cracks their rotation though....they got Pedro, Lowe, Fossum and Wakefield....and I believe the way it looks right now, it would either be Frank Castillo(ack, former flubby fannie that sucks ass) or someone else(maybe like Willie Banks....scary as hell)....I bet he does win the #5 spot in Boston's rotation.

Boston is going to be real good this year. I hope it is good enough to beat the Yankees.