6/21 Games

danman31

I was at the Rochester-Charlotte game tonight. There was a short popup hit by to shallow center that Valdez (I think it was Valdez anyway) and Reed converged on. Valdez made a really nice play, but the two collided. Reed looked shaken up but stayed in for another at bat and then left the game. Looked like a pretty nasty collision. The at bat after the collision Reed had an RBI single and looked fine, so hopefully his leaving the game was nothing more than precautionary.

To be honest I'd like to see Reed get some time off. If he is really nursing an injury the Knights should see this combined with his recent struggles (well struggles by his standards) and give around a week off. It worked with Anderson. He was doing awful before he took a week off, came back and is now on the Carolina League All-Star team.... I'm just saying that if Reed is really hurt, let him heal instead of forcing him to play through it.

The Warthogs opened up the 2nd half with a 6-3 win over Frederick. Fields had 2 singles (infield and one back through the middle, I was listening to Warthog radio). Gonzalez had 3 doubles and 3 runs. Lumsden had 2 perfect innings with 3 Ks. :headbang :snr Box Score

Do we know who Joe Winkelsas is? He is in the box score as having pitched for W-Salem.

Must be a free agent they added, I don't recognize that name from the draft list.

Do we know who Joe Winkelsas is?  He is in the box score as having pitched for W-Salem.

Must be a free agent they added, I don't recognize that name from the draft list.

There is a Joe Winkelsas in the independent league stats, one team his ERA was over 14, the other was over 7. Why the hell did we sign this joker?

Some names from last year not on rosters, Paul Moviel (guess his kid brother did not sign so we cut him) and Dario Ortiz.

Great Falls lost 9-3. Duechler and Kelly with 2 more hits each. Box Score

Nachreiner still pitchin in relief gave up 2 ER's in 1 inning of relief. Grant Hansen one of our top 10 picks went 3 innings with 5 ER's and 6 BB's. Some control issues early for these 2 pitchers. No Donny Lucy tonight, much to Steve's disappointment. :lol: