Your thoughts about Jason Grimsley?

I haven't seen any comment about the Orioles picking up Grimsley. I think we could have used him, and it didn't seem like they gave up much. Grimsley would have made Politte obsolitte (heh heh), which strikes me as a good thing. Plus Frank wouldn't have to face Grimsley anymore. Frank vs. Grimsley, not a good thing.

I haven't seen any comment about the Orioles picking up Grimsley. I think we could have used him, and it didn't seem like they gave up much. Grimsley would have made Politte obsolitte (heh heh), which strikes me as a good thing. Plus Frank wouldn't have to face Grimsley anymore. Frank vs. Grimsley, not a good thing.

any time I saw Grimsley get in a game this year, he gave up runs or something. He's been awful this season. No thanks.

These guys being given away by the Royals, they're not good. We don't want them. They're worse than what we have.

Throwing s*** against a wall and seeing if it sticks isn't a good strategy for finding bullpen guys.

However, it is a valid method for finding a fifth starter.

Why do the O's need a reliever for one of their better prospects when theyre not even in it?

I'm pretty sure they already signed him to an extension too...

They are thinking long term... They can't win this year, but they want to have a good nucleus in place for the following years. They don't want to allienate fan base in the interim by making wholesale cuts.

Why do the O's need a reliever for one of their better prospects when theyre not even in it?

It may be a deal made so that the O's can put together a package of bullpen guys to trade for some starting pitching help. I'd love to have Julio, Groom or BJ Ryan in a Sox uni.