WHY

hi8is

First: Shingo/Marte both pitched two innings yesterday

Second: Bases were loaded with 0 outs. As I indicated in the chat room, any reliever (in that situation) would've been luckly to escape the inning without coughing up few runs

No need to transfer blame onto Ozzie when Buehrle failed to halt the Cleveland offense.

First: Shingo/Marte both pitched two innings yesterday. 

Second: Bases were loaded with 0 outs.  As I indicated in the chat room, any reliever in that situation would've had his work cut out. 

No need to transfer blame onto Ozzie when Buehrle couldn't halt the Cleveland offense.

so marte/shing cant pitch 2 days in a row if they pitch 2 innings?

yeah, bases loaded, no outs, is really tough... but a grad slam is about as good as a reliever can do, right? :huh:

i know that burle was pretty f***in crapy today, and i have been questioning him for the past 5 games... mainly about his problems in the first 2 innings... and now im questioning why ozzie made that choice

i didnt know that martes arm would fall of throwing 3 IN in 2 games, guess i do now :bang

so marte/shing cant pitch 2 days in a row if they pitch 2 innings?

Of course they can. The situation alone warrants their arrival into a game. In this circumstance (bases loaded, no outs) Ozzie chose to select Jackson; evidently a poor decision.

What you fail to realize is JON RAUCH is pitching tomorrow. Lets pretend Ozzie calls Shingo and Marte to pitch the 8th/9th; both would undoubtably sit tomorrow. Guillen was thinking ahead, and wisely decided to save his most reliable relievers for Thursdays decisive game. There's no telling how long Rauch will last, or if Shingo/Marte combo will be needed to close the game.

Of course they can.  The situation alone warrants their arrival into a game.  In this circumstance (bases loaded, no outs) Ozzie chose to select Jackson; evidently a poor decision. 

What you fail to realize is JON RAUCH is pitching tomorrow.  Lets pretend Ozzie calls  Shingo and Marte to pitch the 8th/9th; both would undoubtably sit  tomorrow.  Guillen was thinking ahead, and wisely decided to save his most reliable relievers for Thursdays decisive game.  There's no telling how long Rauch will last, or if Shingo/Marte combo will be needed to close the game.

If Rauch gets through 5 innings without much damage, I'd let him try and get through the 6th. If he gets roughed up, call on Marte to finish the 6th, and then pitch the 7th, and then call on Shingo to get a 2-inning save.

That's maximizing your bullpen.

Of course, then both Marte and Shingo are probably fried for Friday's game against the Cubs, but that's fine...we'd just hope that we scored 10 runs within the first 3 innings, and then scored 7 more in the next 3. I don't think even our bullpen can blow a 17 run lead(though I could be wrong).

Hell the way this pitching staff has been of late, with the exception of Shingo and maybe Marte. It wouldn't have mattered who Ozzie would have brought in. Would you have felt more comfortable with bases loaded and Cliff "Hanger" Politte in to pitch that Jackson?? Both those guys are as bad a Koch has ever been.