White Sox History

JoshPR

A good start (winning 11 of the first 15) was wasted when the players strike began with the WhiteSox third (31-22), only 2.5 games out in the west. In the second half, a 23-30 record was good for no better than sixth (54-52 overall). But the caracter of the team changed with the acquisition of free-agent catcher Carlton Fisk and the trade for slugger Greg Luzinski from the Phillies. Fisk hit .263 in the shortened season with 45 RBI's and Luzinski (.265) clubbed 21 homers with 62 RBI's. Chet Lemon led the team with a .302 average. Dennis Lamp (7-6) was third in the league in ERA (2.41) and Britt Burns (10-6) was fifth (2.64). Rich Dotson was 9-8 and Steve Trout was 8-7 but Lammar Hoyt (9-3) had 10 saves in only 42 games. Attendance for the reduced season was a strong 946,651 but ended the White Sox streak at 1 million plus at four

Hopefully you won't have to "eat a dick" on this one Josh..  ;) :P :bang

Just messin man.... hehehe.

Good post.. I can't wait for 1983's one.

LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for reading them. I hope you ALL enjoy learning about the history of our team.

Ah 1981, what a great year - my dad was tapping my mom's ass something crazy and apparently I was already in the blue-prints..... :headbang  :headbang

LOL!! :lolhitting

1981 was the year I came down here to never go back.. Well I can't say never and i did go on Vacation in 1986

Good, Classy thing to do  :cheers

Ohh and Do you want that Dick with Mustard? :lol:  :D  :lolhitting

:banghead gotta have the last laugh huh?

ill take no mustard, chicago style thou LOL :lol:

i guess we both get a good last laugh that way :D