It doesn't matter if we re-sign Garcia...

Hatchetman

and here is hoping his best friend status with Ozzie comes into play... somehow I suspect it does

Normally, I consider intangibles like that as wishful thinking. But, in this case, I'm like you. I think there is something to this possibility.

I just hope we can re-sign Garcia, I feel we gave up a lot in the Trade.

I hope we're getting the Garcia is Dominant. Another Problem is JR doesn't like to givve up big contracts to Pitchers

That's been true historically, but historically, he's been right. Two guys that come to mind immediately:

Colon

McDowell

both wanted huge contracts (or huger than we would offer), didn't get them, got out of town, and promptly sucked.

The guy we did give the huge contract to was Navarro.

If you take a look back, I'll think you'll find that JR has been vindicated in not offering the huge contract.

Normally, I consider intangibles like that as wishful thinking.  But, in this case, I'm like you.  I think there is something to this possibility.

In a perfect world, I agree with you. But FG is 27 years old. He's going to want some security. The Sox have zero history of long term deals with pitchers panning out. I can't see them deviating much from that format. Hopefully FG considers a 3 year deal for I doubt much more time than that will be offered. Just a feeling...

That's been true historically, but historically, he's been right.  Two guys that come to mind immediately:

Colon

McDowell

both wanted huge contracts (or huger than we would offer), didn't get them, got out of town, and promptly sucked.

The guy we did give the huge contract to was Navarro.

If you take a look back, I'll think you'll find that JR has been vindicated in not offering the huge contract.

Oye ve Jason Bere.... :puke

and here is hoping his best friend status with Ozzie comes into play... somehow I suspect it does

Obviously it will have some bearing on FG's decision.

I think the requisite deferrals, incentives, and lack of years pitchers seek common to contracts offered up by JR and Co. will have more bearing though.

How much is playing for your best friend worth? $1,000,000? $5,000,000?

Garcia has already mentioned a couple times it's business on the field. I'll bet that will include in his lawyers office.

At least he pitched in the LCS which is more than can be said for McDowell or Fernandez

:huh Mcdowell pitched in the LCS with the sox in 1993 and with the Yanks in 1995 and with the tribe too. Fernandez went to the World Series with the Marlins and pitched in the LCS in 1993 with the sox

The only thing that worries me about this trade is resigning Garcia.

I heard on ESPN radio yesterday about 4-5 pm that Seattle had told before the trade that trading him had no reflection on how they felt about him. It was about making the Mariners better. They also said on ESPN radio that Seattle had told Garcia that at the end of the season the Mariners were going to try to re-sign him again.

That is what worries me the most about this trade...to give up three young players to rent a pitcher for half a year and then loose him back to his previous team.

I do hope the Sox sign him long term before the season is up...

The only thing that worries me about this trade is resigning Garcia.

I heard on ESPN radio yesterday about 4-5 pm that Seattle had told before the trade that trading him had no reflection on how they felt about him.  It was about making the Mariners better.  They also said on ESPN radio that Seattle had told Garcia that at the end of the season the Mariners were going to try to re-sign him again.

That is what worries me the most about this trade...to give up three young players to rent a pitcher for half a year and then loose him back to his previous team.

I do hope the Sox sign him long term before the season is up...

That is so much BS on Seattle's part. They determined several weeks ago that they were not going to attempt to resign Garcia.

That is so much BS on Seattle's part.  They determined several weeks ago that they were not going to attempt to resign Garcia.

In Gammons' article from May 28th, it says that the Mariners "aren't even going to attempt to re-sign Garcia after this season."

Somebody's fibbin'