Shingo getting notoriety

SoxFan1

Shingo Takatsu, White Sox It wasn't difficult to predict the demise of Billy Koch, who somehow parlayed one okay season as a closer and a landing-strip goatee/soul patch gone horribly wrong into two years of the White Sox inexplicably believing he was the next Bobby Thigpen. However, I thought Damaso Marte would be the guy in line to take Koch's place, based on Marte's success last season and Takatsu's spring struggles.

What a difference a couple months make. Koch was dealt to Florida, and while Marte is pitching well (a 2.90 ERA and 1.03 WHIP), Shingo has been nothing short of magnificent. Mr. Zero retired 29 consecutive batters over an eight-game stretch that saw him pick up a win and two saves, and he hasn't allowed an earned run since April 20—a string of 22 appearances spanning 24 innings.

Moreover, ChiSox skipper Ozzie Guillen has officially turned all closing duties over to Takatsu. That means the vast majority of future White Sox wins will be (with apologies to seminal 80's band The Fixx) saved by Zero. Sorry, had to do it.

With only a pair of saves on his stat sheet, Shingo might still be flying under the radar in your league—but you'll have to move quickly, because Chicago's secret won't be kept under wraps much longer.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

I heard someone saying that the Twins (or any other team) may record Takatsu when he is pitching. And if you really think about it, people may be crazy enough to do it and get a better idea of what to expect when Shingo is on the mound.

BTW, you quoted that from whom?

I heard someone saying that the Twins (or any other team) may record Takatsu when he is pitching. And if you really think about it, people may be crazy enough to do it and get a better idea of what to expect when Shingo is on the mound.

BTW, you quoted that from whom?

Makes sense, teams have to do something to try and track him better, the hitters up there now obviously have "Zero" clue on how to hit him

It doesnt matter what you do... Looking at tapes isnt going to help you when he throws an 87 MPH fastball followed by a 65 MPH Frisbee..

And he mixes it all up, so its gonna be difficult no matter how you look at it

One thing I am curious to see is whether anyone tries to steal a base on Zero given he throws 60 MPH many times.....it should be easy for the stealer

Of course, that would require someone to get on base first

;)

But I can imagine someone trying it out since any lead off guy who gets on base in a one run game would rather be on 2nd to score

Geez.... Aboz has had my back all day on every question I have asked...  :lol:

good to have someone as knowledgeable as you on these boards

also, i'd like to add, www.grandstandsox.com is their website.

EDIT: just noticed 2k4 said this as well... :bang to myself