To whom it matters:

Wedge

Nothing to do with Marrioti, just the media (not sure if this counts as 'the media,' but what the hell). I was listening to 97.9 this morning (as I do most mornings) and they had all these cub fans calling in ripping on Sox fans. Saying that Sox fans jumped onto the Cubs' bandwagon last year (not one Sox fan I know did something that heinous), that Sox fans are trailer trash, ripping on 'The Cell,' and of course jumped on the last resort for cub fans, better known as attendance.

I almost dialed up, but I didn't want to waste my minutes (keep in mind I have so many free minutes that I can never use them all each month lol).

Give it up.

Mariotti is a waffler.

NO point in posting anything about him.

He has no consistant opinion except that the Cubs are his team.

:fthecubs

True. I'd personally prefer this team to go under the radar, a la the Marlins of last year. It's just nice to see that there is a buzz starting around this team!

Please, even when he is trying to give us respect he still has to get some digs in. Even in this article don't you notice some things he mentions:

It shouldn't be about whose ballpark is better, whose fans are cooler, which side of town is more prosperous or where you're less likely to get beat up by a profanity-spewing drunk.

We know on which side he already stands on all of these. He likes Wrigley better. He likes their fans better. He thinks Wrigleyville is more prosperous. And we all know what incident he is referring to as he spent his whole show talking about it on Monday or Tuesday. The guy is a complete ass.

Please, even when he is trying to give us respect he still has to get some digs in. Even in this article don't you notice some things he mentions:

We know on which side he already stands on all of these. He likes Wrigley better. He likes their fans better. He thinks Wrigleyville is more prosperous. And we all know what incident he is referring to as he spent his whole show talking about it on Monday or Tuesday. The guy is a complete ass.

I agree 100%.

Just wait till the Sox make it to the playoffs. Everyone will be shocked to see the south side of Chicago doing something. Mariotti is just one person and I could care less about him. I know the Cubs aren’t the only team with more than 40,000 fans because I know the Sox have the same amount of fans all over this country. If you don’t believe me, just look at some people on this board. Some post from Texas, others post from Michigan, and I myself am posting from the jungle planet of Dagobah.

Jay can go choke on something! :lolhitting

Long live the White Sox!

It's always nice to have a bandwagon!  :-p

that it is my friend, that it is.

:headbang

It's also nice when people know your a diehard fan and they come to you to ask questions, :lolhitting

I've had a few of those already.

that it is my friend, that it is.

:headbang

It's also nice when people know your a diehard fan and they come to you to ask questions, :lolhitting

I've had a few of those already.

Haha I've gotten a lot of that lately too, especially since last weekend's Cub series. Unfortunately everyone I know is a Cubs fan here, but a lot of them were waffling after this weekend. Good stuff.

i dont think marriotti likes the cubs any better than the sox...ask cub fans what they think of him..he is not a chicagoan..i dont think he likes living here at all..he's here to do one thing...create controversy and sell newspapers...and you have to give him his props there...he does it very well

the only time marriotti writes a positive column is when he has written so man negatives ones in a row that writing a positive one actually has shock value..which is what he did with this one..and it worked..we are all talking about him again

when you take him for what he really is he's actually kind of amusing

If you don’t believe me, just look at some people on this board. Some post from Texas, others post from Michigan, and I myself am posting from the jungle planet of Dagobah.

I thought it was a swamp planet...?

Naboo has jungles. Hmmm. Hey, Jar Jar is that you trying to pass yourself of as Yoda?!? :D

[/geek]

The guy finally gives us some props.  It's just one guys opinion, but it underlies the growing buzz around this team.

click me

The guy doesn't have to give us respect for us to give him respect. I know that makes me sound like a Cub fan, but seriously, all I think of Mariotti is I like reading him because of the opinion he brings, you love him, or hate em, and the fact he brings in the green.

SCREW MARIOTTI. HE IS THE BIGGEST BAND WAGON JUMPER IN THE WORLD. A SUPPOSED CUB FAN HE IS, HE WROTE NOTHING BUT CRAP ABOUT THEM THREE YEARS AGO. I DONT CARE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE SOX. PLUS HE WAS BAD MOUTHING FRANK IN THE ARTICLE. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE LAST JAY MARIOTTI DISCUSSION WE HAVE

I don't give a s*** if Moronotti does give us props. He's an asshole that can't get his facts straight. He switches over and praises the White Sox after we beat the s*** outta the Cubs, but than as soon as the Cubs win two games in a row he's back praising the Flubbies, Corky Sosa, and how safe Chewing Gum Field is.

So with that said.....

:fyou Mariotti

i dont think marriotti likes the cubs any better than the sox...ask cub fans what they think of him..he is not a chicagoan..i dont think he likes living here at all..he's here to do one thing...create controversy and sell newspapers...and you have to give him his props there...he does it very well

the only time marriotti writes a positive column is when he has written so man negatives ones in a row that writing a positive one actually has shock value..which is what he did with this one..and it worked..we are all talking about him again

when you take him for what he really is he's actually kind of amusing

:notworthy

SCREW MARIOTTI. HE IS THE BIGGEST BAND WAGON JUMPER IN THE WORLD. A SUPPOSED CUB FAN HE IS, HE WROTE NOTHING BUT CRAP ABOUT THEM THREE YEARS AGO. I DONT CARE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE SOX. PLUS HE WAS BAD MOUTHING FRANK IN THE ARTICLE. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE LAST JAY MARIOTTI DISCUSSION WE HAVE

It says in BIGHURT54's profile tht his favorite sox moment was the 2000 brawl with the Tigers.

:lolhitting

What we have here is a fighting mang. That's why he posts in all caps. He owns all of you.