a prediction

hi8is

its been really quiet around the sox world after we aquired garcia.... to me that means that KW is talkin to a lot of people and something will go down within the next week or two.... im gonna go out on a limb and say that KW makes 3 trades before the deadline and at least one of them comes before the next 14 days is up

I'll say one thing, other than that one report on the 3 yr 24 mill deal its been very quiet in the terms of Garica. One thing I"ve long noticed is the Sox usually just sign a guy and its pretty much straight out of the blue, no report, nothing.

I'll say one thing, other than that one report on the 3 yr 24 mill deal its been very quiet in the terms of Garica.  One thing I"ve long noticed is the Sox usually just sign a guy and its pretty much straight out of the blue, no report, nothing.

That's fine with me as long as it gets done.

its been really quiet around the sox world after we aquired garcia.... to me that means that KW is talkin to a lot of people and something will go down within the next week or two.... im gonna go out on a limb and say that KW makes 3 trades before the deadline and at least one of them comes before the next 14 days is up

3 trades..how about these

atlanta , jones - ortiz for maggs

pittsburgh , cotts and x number of minor leaguers for kendall

arizona , diaz and x number of minor leaguers for finley and a middle reliever

:lol:

3 trades..how about these

atlanta , jones -  ortiz for maggs

pittsburgh , cotts and  x number of minor leaguers for kendall

arizona , diaz and x number of minor leaguers for finley and a middle reliever

:lol:

I would do all except the Jones/Ortiz deal. I want Maggs instead of either of those two. What would it take to get Ben Sheets from the Brewers? That guy is a stud who just keeps getting better. Sheets, Garcia, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland. WOW! I would give up just about anything to aquire that guy.

I would do all except the Jones/Ortiz deal. I want Maggs instead of either of those two. What would it take to get Ben Sheets from the Brewers? That guy is a stud who just keeps getting better. Sheets, Garcia, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland. WOW! I would give up just about anything to aquire that guy.

The real question here is why you have Garcia in front of Buehrle in our rotation.... :huh

Sheets isn't moving.

Sheets isn't moving.

Well I think he should be and he should be moving to the White Sox. NOW DAMNIT!

I thought I remembered his name being brought up earlier in the year. Maybe I am wrong about that, but I could have sworn it was. How much longer can the Brewers afford him. Isn't he arbitration eligible and going to be making tons of money?

oh, ok.  you're right.  mb is better

There is no need for you to post that in green. Mark Buehrle has been fabulous with the White Sox. I hope he keeps it up because this kid is special and he’s sure to have a big future in the upcoming years.

There is no need for you to post that in green. Mark Buehrle has been fabulous with the White Sox. I hope he keeps it up because this kid is special and he’s sure to have a big future in the upcoming years.

I think the same can be said of Garcia. Plus he's got some post-season experience and stuff that can be flat out dominating.

I haven't been too impressed with MB the last two seasons. He's had some good outings, but he really seems to have struggled. I'm not sure what his deal is. I hope that he rights the ship and gets more consistent throughout the second half and delivers more outings like the last two he's given us!

The real question here is why you have Garcia in front of Buehrle in our rotation.... :huh

Mark called Garcia an "ace" on MJ&H last week. He made up a new word, too... crap.. I can't remember it right now. :bang

Sheets will not be moved, I have no clue why his name keeps coming up. He's their property for another two years. Yes, if he became available, we gotta take a shot, but it is not likely. Teams don't let young guys that are kicking ass and cheap go until they absolutely have to.

Sheets will not be moved, I have no clue why his name keeps coming up. He's their property for another two years. Yes, if he became available, we gotta take a shot, but it is not likely. Teams don't let young guys that are kicking ass and cheap go until they absolutely have to.

Will he still be cheap after his next arbitration hearing?

I think the same can be said of Garcia.  Plus he's got some post-season experience and stuff that can be flat out dominating.

I haven't been too impressed with MB the last two seasons.  He's had some good outings, but he really seems to have struggled.  I'm not sure what his deal is.  I hope that he rights the ship and gets more consistent throughout the second half and delivers more outings like the last two he's given us!

We all know Freddy has some post-season experience, but I can see Buehrle doing the same.

MB who has a total of 61 wins and 37 loses, still has a lot to do. At the age of 25, The Sox should see a lot coming out of him. In the future, teams will hear more and more about him and will later want to get him. This is just the start of fame for this young guy.

Mark Buehrle

2000 4-1

2001 16-8

2002 19-12

2003 14-14 (Came back BIG having to start off bad)

2004 8-2

Total 61-37

Freddy Garcia

1999 17-8

2000 9-5

2001 18-6

2002 16-10

2003 12-14

2004 5-7 (absolutely no run support with Seattle)

Total 77-50

The truth is, we have some very good young players in our pitching staff. Even Garland :o ;)

Even Garland   :o  ;)

I'll believe that when I see it! ;)

Yeah, they're both pretty solid. Only time will tell which will be better, I suppose. Don't get me wrong, MB is one of my favorites on this team. Let's just hope him and Garcia turn-out to be our "pocket aces" for the next few years.

Thank you. Time to swoop in and take on stud pitcher that is only 25. Come on Kenny!

The difference between Unit and Sheets:

--Unit is old, has a f***ed up cartilage and is making 15+ Mill for the next 2 years. Arizona is going to lose 100+ games this year.

--Sheets is young, not even in his prime yet, won't be making real big money for another 2-3 years. Millwakee still thinks they are in it - only 3 games out of the wild card.

Unit could easily be acquired if he would stop being so petulant about the damned no-trade clause - give Arizona better prospects than Yankees or Angels are offering and it's done.

Meanwhile, there will be a riot in the Brewer County if they give away Sheets for anything less than, say, Borchard, Honel, Gio Gonzalez and Bajenaru. There are 25 teams out there who would LOVE to have him.