Bartolo Colon on the mound today

Bighurt52235

It's a WHITE SOX WINNER 2-0 FINAL.

Pitching was great today and I believe Colon got the W and Koch got the save.

:headbang

shut out in the desert???....whooohooo....

our pitching sure looks better than i did last year ...when every pitcher was lit up in ST day after day

Great to win a low scoring game with a shutout. Doesnt happen often to the Sox.

Starting Lineup was:

2B- Miles

LF- Rios

3B- Crede

DH- Konerko

1B- Daubach

CF- Borchard

RF- Sanders

C- Alomar

SS- Nunez

Colon vs Brian Lawrence

Sac fly RBI by Daubach in 4th to score Crede, who had an infield hit.

Solo homer by Alomar in the 5th

Colon, Wunsch, Munoz, Sanders, and Koch combined for the shutout. :headbang

Its nice to see them playing well but I really dont care about ST as a team. ST is to see which players are good enough, not to kick everyone elses butt. Im glad to see our youngsters are playing well enough that were 6-3 but I really hope we save most of the winning for the regular season.

That said, JB and Aaron Rowand are gonna give management a tough time on who gets the CF job. And also, Buehrle, Colon, Garland and to a lesser extent Loaiza and Rauch have all looked good (now if Rauch could learn to field :D ). Wright is getting lit up but I think hell be fine. Do you guys even think theyll consider (ir Wright doesnt shape up) to leave put him in the minors and have a rotation of Buehrle, Colon, Garland, Loaiza and Rauch? I dont. I think Wright will come to and well be fine.

Also, I dont think Garlands gonna be a slouch this year. I think were gonna have a killer top three and a decent 4-5 punch in the rotation...

Im glad to see our youngsters are playing well enough that were 6-3 but I really hope we save most of the winning for the regular season.

Lol oldroman, hopefully winning will not be like retrieving money from the bank, the more you get right now, the less you'll have later. :D Let's win them all right now, AND win them all in the regular season. :headbang

It's a WHITE SOX WINNER 2-0 FINAL.

Pitching was great today and I believe Colon got the W and Koch got the save.

:headbang

shut out in the desert???....whooohooo....

our pitching sure looks better than i did last year ...when every pitcher was lit up in ST day after day

Ug! I remember that last year, looking at the scores everyday and just shaking my head worried how the season was going to be.

....and isn't Miles kicking ass so for this spring? ...seems like every day, he's getting a couple of hits, scoring a run or two.....where do you think he'll end up playing this year?

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB SB CS SF SH HBP SLG AVG

9 19 5 8 1 0 1 4 12 0 1 1 0 0 .632 .421

...nice start so far....

....and isn't Miles kicking ass so for this spring?  ...seems like every day, he's getting a couple of hits, scoring a run or two.....where do you think he'll end up playing this year?

G  AB  R  H  2B  3B  HR  RBI  TB  SB  CS  SF  SH  HBP  SLG  AVG

9  19  5 8 1    0    1  4 12    0    1    1    0      0  .632 .421

...nice start so far....

I like guys like Miles. I always liked Craig Grebeck and John Cangelosi when they were with the Sox. The little guys that just hustle their asses off.

....and isn't Miles kicking ass so for this spring?  ...seems like every day, he's getting a couple of hits, scoring a run or two.....where do you think he'll end up playing this year?

G  AB  R  H  2B  3B  HR  RBI  TB  SB  CS  SF  SH  HBP  SLG  AVG

9  19  5   8   1    0    1     4   12    0    1    1    0      0  .632 .421

...nice start so far....

I like guys like Miles. I always liked Craig Grebeck and John Cangelosi when they were with the Sox. The little guys that just hustle their asses off.

He's the type of kid who is probably really good in every f***ing sport he plays...I love these kids, because they always had to fight a little harder than everybody else to show what they got because of their size...I'd love to see him make it....

I hope he makes it too. And, you never know, it might light a fire under the guy replaces. Someone like Harris for example. A career minor leaguer with half the talent takes your big league job because he wanted it more and out played your ass. You have a tendency to take notice when something like that happens.